Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our inept FO strikes again...
Gentlemen.... Gentlemen.

Let's not let a guy who's daddy named him after a basketball player not named Shawn Kemp or Gary Payton come between us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Teams sign slightly injured players all the time, and hedge their bets. That is such a stupid statement.

[Image: d3bf4eb3d7b7f404cec94a545b0c0d87.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pretty sure the browns messed up the McCarron trade.   ton of missed oppertunities to do small things that could have changed things over the years.

If the Bengals hadn't been greedy and waited it out, the deal could have been done much earlier in the day and there would have been time to get the paperwork right... BTW, I believe the Browns GM purposefully botched that.

What's the old saying? Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered. Bengals were greedy hogs with McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: d3bf4eb3d7b7f404cec94a545b0c0d87.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: jpp-inline-630jpg.jpg]
Reply/Quote
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/04/22/nfl-draft-reuben-foster-john-ross-sidney-jones-fabian-morceau/100795950/

Quote:Maybe that’s a coincidence. In any event, the decisions that teams must make in accounting for the rehabilitation of the injuries is an additional factor, particularly high in the draft that starts Thursday, when teams generally look to draft first-rounders who can contribute immediately.

Quote:Corey Davis? The big Western Michigan product is considered one of the top three receivers in the draft, but after undergoing ankle surgery, he’s not run a lick for NFL teams. They will have to trust what their eyes told them from the video of the games … and what the X-rays and MRI exams reveal.

Quote:None of the aforementioned players are dealing with an injury that was as severe as the setback suffered last year by former Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith in his final collegiate game. Smith, who was once projected as a top-five pick, underwent reconstructive knee surgery for a torn ACL and suffered extensive nerve damage. He was drafted in the second round by the Dallas Cowboys but spent his entire rookie season in rehab.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/04/22/nfl-draft-reuben-foster-john-ross-sidney-jones-fabian-morceau/100795950/

What does any of this have to do with Barrett?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/04/22/nfl-draft-reuben-foster-john-ross-sidney-jones-fabian-morceau/100795950/

How much do they pay you to head up the PR department anyway? Please tell me it’s at least 5 figures?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No, we're saying hindsight is 20/20. Everybody take off their rear view mirrors and answer this question honestly.

Going into the 2018 season Mikey asks you:

Hey, we can hire a back up DE that went undrafted and really has not proven anything in the NFL, and has amassed 14 sacks in his 4 seasons in Denver.

or

We can sign the reigning NFL tackles leader, who was a former 3rd RD draft choice and has averaged over 100 tackles per year in his 4 years as a starter in the NFL.

I would ask Mike what his scouts say about the guy. Oh, wait, we basically don't have a  legitimate scouting department! Meanwhile, apparently, Tampa Bays talent evaluators saw great things in the man's future. 
I also reject the notion that it had to one or the other. Where does that come from? Furthermore, nothing I've seen justified creating an injury out of thin air. 

I mean it smacks of that old SNL skit. Yeah, a shoulder injury, yeah yeah, that's the ticket!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 12:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How much do they pay you to head up the PR department anyway? Please tell me it’s at least 5 figures?

6, but that doesn't mean JPP isn't still laughing at your post. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 6, but that doesn't mean JPP isn't still laughing at your post. Hilarious

My orange koolaid post? I’m glad he thought it was funny!

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 6, but that doesn't mean JPP isn't still laughing at your post. Hilarious

i saw 6 and JPP in the same post and thought we were talking about Fingers...
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 05:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i saw 6 and JPP in the same post and thought we were talking about Fingers...

I'm still convinced we are.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm still convinced we are.

Nah, if you start counting fingers and get to 6, it ain't JPP.....
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Antonio Bryant All over again

Except I was never mad about that signing, I was quite thrilled. 

At that point and time, it was highly uncharacteristic of them to actually try to sign a high tier FA. 

And I have no idea why people are so dang worried about someone else's money.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 01:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Except I was never mad about that signing, I was quite thrilled. 

At that point and time, it was highly uncharacteristic of them to actually try to sign a high tier FA. 

And I have no idea why people are so dang worried about someone else's money.

not worried about anyone elses money...

Trying to figure out how best to spend that money to help the team
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 01:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And I have no idea why people are so dang worried about someone else's money.

How money is spent affects the quality of the team.  Fans generally care about the quality of the team.  Therefore, if fans care about the quality of the team then care about how the money is spent.

This isn't rocket science.  I've always found "why do people care about someone else's money" to be the laziest of questions or rebuttals on this board.

We're not talking about Bill, who lives down the street, buying a new BMW even though we know he recently got laid off.  We're talking about a sports team, who many of us support, spending in a way that will give us the best chance to be successful.

Always remember that the Bengals, at the end of the day, are a product.  They are a for-profit business.  Much like Sony, or Microsoft, or Applebee's, or whoever, they are company, not an individual.

Saying you shouldn't care about how Mike spends his money is like saying you shouldn't care if your burger at Outback came with undercooked and with moldy bun.  If you're the consumer, be it a potential consumer or a paid consumer, it's more than fair for you to care about the quality of a product.  That's how this relationship works.

So yeah, I tend to care how Mike Brown spends his money.  Any rational fan would.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 01:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How money is spent affects the quality of the team.  Fans generally care about the quality of the team.  Therefore, if fans care about the quality of the team then care about how the money is spent.

This isn't rocket science.  I've always found "why do people care about someone else's money" to be the laziest of questions or rebuttals on this board.

We're not talking about Bill, who lives down the street, buying a new BMW even though we know he recently got laid off.  We're talking about a sports team, who many of us support, spending in a way that will give us the best chance to be successful.

Always remember that the Bengals, at the end of the day, are a product.  They are a for-profit business.  Much like Sony, or Microsoft, or Applebee's, or whoever, they are company, not an individual.

Saying you shouldn't care about how Mike spends his money is like saying you shouldn't care if your burger at Outback came with undercooked and with moldy bun. 
If you're the consumer, be it a potential consumer or a paid consumer, it's more than fair for you to care about the quality of a product.  That's how this relationship works.

So yeah, I tend to care how Mike Brown spends his money.  Any rational fan would.

If my burger came with undercooked meat on a moldy bun, I wouldn't go back to that restaurant.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If my burger came with undercooked meat on a moldy bun, I wouldn't go back to that restaurant.

they call those Craft burgers...
Reply/Quote
Sidebar:

There's no such thing as undercooked meat.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sidebar:

There's no such thing as undercooked meat.

There is when it's ground..... Sick
Reply/Quote