Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outcoached
(12-29-2015, 06:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I guess there was no one all over the radio waves bad mouthing the team during that lost decade.    It was worse than listening to Rush Limbaugh during the Obama presidency.    A decade of nonstop propaganda does have an affect.  And now we see it with trouble selling out games, booing an undefeated team, etc.

Wait, are you saying radio pundits duped us into thinking the 90s were bad?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, are you saying radio pundits duped us into thinking the 90s were bad?

Not at all.

But it's helped create the the contentious fans who want to constantly complain about one of the best teams in franchise history. Who don't sell out games.

Everyone hated Gruden. He is now in the playoffs and won his division .

Everyone wanted Hue and they got him and now it's constant Hue bashing. I realize it comes with the territory of being an offensive coordinator. But Jay and Hue have done a fantastic job and it's happened under marvins guidance. And oh btw marvin hired both when no one else would . He provided the opportunity and guidance for their success.

Zim somehow gets a pass .... I guess maybe because he swears at guys. It's not like people were beating down his door to hire him after Atlanta. Marvin rehabbed his coaching stock.

Oh and most importantly. Marvin somehow rehabbed the front office from the Jim Lippincott days. To the Duke Tobin/Marvin directed system we have now.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:55 PM)Rattler Wrote: Got a lead and went conservative and failed to adjust to Denvers 2nd half adjustments.

Example 8 in the box and we run right into it or hitch screen that's covered by 2 DB's and a LB
etc, etc, we never altered what we did and forgot we had a TE on the field - some of that was
Hue but Marvin is responsible for it.

So when we came back in 2nd half against Seattile this year.. did you praise Marvin for his great coaching ??  

Cincinnati has been a good team in holding leads.. actually rare that we give up a lead.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:19 PM)Rattler Wrote: Pretty obvious we weren't going to pick up diddly squat in the 2nd half - TE was open and yet we only
threw to Kroft twice in the 2nd half - Gio short screens over the middle was there. 

They clearly took away the run and forced McCarron to beat them, but Hue outsmarts himself again running
straight into the buzzsaw of doom time and time again. 

With this O-line, we're not going to have success running against 8 in the box.

You don;t think going against the #1 Defense was any result of us struggling ?  It was great to get out to a hot start. the odds of substaining that against Denver was going to be tough.. It was the Defense to me that really hurt us.. they had like 300 yards in the 2nd half... 

In the end they made the big plays in 2nd half and we did not... 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yep your absolutely right.. I mean wrong...  unless your suggesting it was a coaching decision for the players to stop tackling.

I guess you are right, as you can't tackle what you don't even get close to with four down linemen.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:33 PM)Rattler Wrote: Hue outsmarts Hue.

"I know they got 8 stacked, they won't expect us to run straight into it 20 times"

After you see evidence of Hue outsmarting himself over and over at some point one must wonder if he just isn't smart at all.
Reply/Quote
They should just run their scripted first drive as every drive until the other team adjusts.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You don;t think going against the #1 Defense was any result of us struggling ?  It was great to get out to a hot start. the odds of substaining that against Denver was going to be tough.. It was the Defense to me that really hurt us.. they had like 300 yards in the 2nd half... 

In the end they made the big plays in 2nd half and we did not.

Again, a loss comes down to one more play--Nuge's miss, AJG stopping on a throw, one more third down stop, AJM taking his eyes off the ball on the last snap, etc. 

The defense was not able to hold up to overtime, in part because they spent too much time on the field in the second half.  They were kinda doomed to give out in OT, which they did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote