Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outstanding Accomplishment!!!
(12-31-2021, 04:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Has to be in FA.

Guys drafted next season are going to take a year to develop with a few exceptions. 

I agree. Been doing phone posting for the past week and I tend to type shorter on here. Draft picks can be traded for current players and then also free agents can be straight up signed. We got plenty of picks that “should be good” who have panned out to be excellent, now put some players closer to “sure things” on the line.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can you imagine this offense if we had a line that - instead of being a liability - was able to impose it's will on opposing defenses? We'd be unstoppable. They should go all-in on the line while these young stars are on rookie deals. Let's get a ring or two.

The Bengals would average 35 points a game!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 12:08 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Taylor is definitely in a league all his own this year. Mixon isn’t on that level and that’s no knock on Mixon.

No, that isn't a knock at all. Mixon is having a very good year.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can you imagine this offense if we had a line that - instead of being a liability - was able to impose it's will on opposing defenses? We'd be unstoppable. They should go all-in on the line while these young stars are on rookie deals. Let's get a ring or two.

(12-31-2021, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They have the money and the cap space to be able to go all out on the OL (especially if they cut Waynes). And we’ve seen them spend like drunken sailors on the defense the past couple years. No reason they can’t do that for the OL now. Go out and snag a top guy like Brandon Scherff.

This is what we should do.

BTW, wouldn't mind after going all out on OL to grab a top TE in the Draft to make this Offense even more unstoppable.

Mayer or La Porta would both be great adds if they are around when we pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what we should do.

BTW, wouldn't mind after going all out on OL to grab a top TE in the Draft to make this Offense even more unstoppable.

I’m kinda torn on what to do at TE. Would I love a stud pass catcher to give Burrow yet another elite weapon? Yes. Would I be super bummed if we didn’t bring Uzomah back? Also yes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 06:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m kinda torn on what to do at TE. Would I love a stud pass catcher to give Burrow yet another elite weapon? Yes. Would I be super bummed if we didn’t bring Uzomah back? Also yes.

Bring back Uzo regardless, dude is like a backbone of this team. I just want to see if we can add a Gronk type if we can.

Hard to find these guys but need to take a stab at it. I think Mayer TE Notre Dame could be a Gronk/Kelce/Kittle type.

La Porta also is a very good TE out of Iowa. But as we are speaking about OL needs to be taken care of in FA first.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bring back Uzo regardless, dude is like a backbone of this team. I just want to see if we can add a Gronk type if we can.

Hard to find these guys but need to take a stab at it. I think Mayer TE Notre Dame could be a Gronk/Kelce/Kittle type.

La Porta also is a very good TE out of Iowa. But as we are speaking about OL needs to be taken care of in FA first.

Michael Mayer is a Sophomore I'm pretty sure hes a true Sophomore so he's not eligible for the 2022 draft.

Sam LaPorta is a Junior so it's possible he declares we will have to see in the next couple weeks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Michael Mayer is a Sophomore I'm pretty sure hes a true Sophomore so he's not eligible for the 2022 draft.

Sam LaPorta is a Junior so it's possible he declares we will have to see in the next couple weeks.

Thanks Synric, I just thought I heard La Porta was a Senior in the Iowa/Kentucky game so I thought of him.

Too bad Mayer isn't coming out yet. Really like that dude.

So early it is hard to get a hold of what this Draft will be like. Linderbaum hurt his ankle but came back in today in the loss
to Kentucky just more news on the Draft front. Don't know if this will affect Linderbaum's draft stock or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what we should do.

I've never been in the camp that they need to upgrate TE. Uzo is perfect for this team. They already have 3 WR and Mixon. Uzo is the perfect team guy that accepts his role, is a great locker room guy and is talented enough to come through when they need him to. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 10:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've never been in the camp that they need to upgrate TE. Uzo is perfect for this team. They already have 3 WR and Mixon. Uzo is the perfect team guy that accepts his role, is a great locker room guy and is talented enough to come through when they need him to. 

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't somebody just post about Uzo and Burrow being best friends ?

If true don't see him going anywhere and even if not, Uzo still needs to stay.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well not to mention the fact Uzo is a tremendous blocker
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 10:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've never been in the camp that they need to upgrate TE. Uzo is perfect for this team. They already have 3 WR and Mixon. Uzo is the perfect team guy that accepts his role, is a great locker room guy and is talented enough to come through when they need him to. 

I agree.  Let's spend the money/draft capital where we need to which will be OL in a big way especially if Reiff and/or Spain do not return.  Uzo is a UFA after this year.  Except for last year, the guy has been extremely durable over the length of his career. 
It'd be nice to see them give him another 2 years making around the same money.  I see him sticking around and seeing if he's got a real shot at a winner.

No sense going to the Jets and having the wheels fall off after a year for another 1/2 million or so. Smirk
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 10:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't somebody just post about Uzo and Burrow being best friends ?

If true don't see him going anywhere and even if not, Uzo still needs to stay.

Best friends might be a stretch, but they spent a lot of time together during their rehabs.

Reply/Quote