Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outstanding Accomplishment!!!
(12-28-2021, 01:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think why some people may not consider him right up there is because they don't notice how much fewer attempts he's had compared to those other guys you mention.
Aaron Rodgers is the only other QB in the Top 10 in yards who has fewer than 500 attempts. Burrow 481 and Rodgers 475. All the QBs you list have ~100 or more than Burrow and Rodgers, which is a big reason why they are ahead of these guys.

I'd guarantee Burrow would be Top 3 in both yards and TDs if he had 575+ attempts like Brady, Allen, Herbert, and Mahomes have.

Nah

See, I think most of those guys that are ranked ahead of Burrow are ranked higher simply because they’ve been in the league longer, and have played at a really high level
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Nah

See, I think most of those guys that are ranked ahead of Burrow are ranked higher simply because they’ve been in the league longer, and have played at a really high level

I disagree somewhat.
Josh Allen only has had one really good season prior to this one, which was last year.
Justin Herbert same.
Some people consider both of them (slightly) better than Burrow.

The only "old guys" really getting a bunch of love right now are Brady, Rodgers, and Stafford. Mahomes rightfully deserves credit too because he's been great since taking over as the starter in 2018. Only 12 regular season losses in 61 games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I disagree somewhat.
Josh Allen only has had one really good season prior to this one, which was last year.
Justin Herbert same.
Some people consider both of them (slightly) better than Burrow.

The only "old guys" really getting a bunch of love right now are Brady, Rodgers, and Stafford. Mahomes rightfully deserves credit too because he's been great since taking over as the starter in 2018. Only 12 regular season losses in 61 games.

You can’t just brush off what Allen did last year and this year. Guy‘s an absolute stud. Even the first year he got the bills to the playoffs and was considered “bad”, he actually wasn’t even bad

The people who prefer Herbert are doing so because they are still stuck on last season where he managed to stay healthy and win rookie of the year
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You can’t just brush off what Allen did last year and this year. Guy‘s an absolute stud. Even the first year he got the bills to the playoffs and was considered “bad”, he actually wasn’t even bad

The people who prefer Herbert are doing so because they are still stuck on last season where he managed to stay healthy and win rookie of the year

I'm not brushing off what Allen did.
My point (which I thought was obvious) was that Allen and Herbert, two guys who some consider to be better than Burrow, are not guys who have had a bunch of really good years in the league. They've really just had one prior to this season.
Allen's "coming out" party was last year, where his improvements in his mechanics really showcase how far along he came from when he was drafted.
He was not NFL-ready when he came out of college. He improved a lot since being drafted.
Herbert still probably would have had a better year than Burrow last year statistically if Burrow had played all season, but Herbert also played on a better team than Burrow last year.

Maybe I misinterpreted your point when you said, "they've been in the league longer and have played at a really high level." I interpreted that as guys living off their historical success but not actually being good this year, so I was pointing out that 1) Allen and Herbert have really only had one real big year of success prior to this season, Mahomes has been dominant since taking over as the starter a few years ago, and the only older veterans (Rodgers, Brady, Stafford) are putting up really good production to justify why they are up there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow is having a Carson-like sophomore season.
Let's compare Burrow's 2021 to Palmer's 2005:

Burrow - 69.9% completion, 4165 yards, 30 TDs, 14 INTs
Palmer - 67.8% completion, 3836 yards, 32 TDs, 12 INTs

Chase and Higgins are similar to 2005's Chad and Housh.
Chase & Higgins - 2192 yards, 16 TDs
Chad & Housh - 2388 yards, 16 TDs

Last, Mixon and 2005 Rudy
Mixon - 1433 total yards, 16 TDs
Rudi - 1548 total yards, 12 TDs

Note that all of the 2021 guys have one less game, so they should be even closer or even pass the 2005 stats after next game.

Factor in Joe is coming off knee surgery and Palmer had a year to watch and learn from Kitna and the numbers are more impressive. I say Joe was 85% to 90% to start the year, he looks closer to 100% in last couple of weeks.

Also Palmer was not throwing to rookie WR and 2nd year WR with Chad and TJ.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: 270275100_3062048227399053_2525494536835...e=61D07CA6]

Whoa! Shocked

This is a big deal man. I knew we were doing some things I have never seen before but that is huge to have all those 
things happening at the same time while we are so young on Offense. Blew my mind seeing this, thanks Sled!

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Burrow is only behind Aaron Rodgers in passer rating with 105.0

That is sweet, right there behind one of the MVP front runners and one of the best QB's ever is pretty great company.

(12-28-2021, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely not crazy. He’s right up there. But most people probably have him behind Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Stafford, and maybe Allen.

Agree. I can understand some liking him more than say Allen even though I really like him too.

Herbert is right there as well but Burrow has been playing better lately.

(12-28-2021, 01:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think why some people may not consider him right up there is because they don't notice how much fewer attempts he's had compared to those other guys you mention.
Aaron Rodgers is the only other QB in the Top 10 in yards who has fewer than 500 attempts. Burrow 481 and Rodgers 475. All the QBs you list have ~100 or more than Burrow and Rodgers, which is a big reason why they are ahead of these guys.

I'd guarantee Burrow would be Top 3 in both yards and TDs if he had 575+ attempts like Brady, Allen, Herbert, and Mahomes have.

Nice, didn't know this. Shows how accurate he is and how we like to run the ball more than those teams.
Reply/Quote
Can we go nuts on O-line to protect Burrow this off season now? Yeah, get the defense short timers signed, but make this o-line beast. Draft picks, spending the salary cap, I don’t care. Top
Lineman, get them in stripes.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:17 PM)Destro Wrote: Can we go nuts on O-line to protect Burrow this off season now?  Yeah, get the defense short timers signed, but make this o-line beast. Draft picks, spending the salary cap, I don’t care. Top

Yes, go all out on the OL. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Great for them and great sign for the team moving forward….also our scouts, coaches and Duke deserve a ton of credit for drafting and developing all of these young stars that hopefully power this team to a lot of success for the next decade plus
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Love the way Mixon has been playing but Jonathan Taylor is the best RB in football right now bar none and if I voted for MVP 
right now I would give it to him. The dude has been playing great this year and the Colts are my darkhorse for the SB right now.

They play the way I like football to be played, run it down your throat, don't turn the ball over and play stifling Defense.

Trenches man, trenches.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the way Mixon has been playing but Jonathan Taylor is the best RB in football right now bar none and if I voted for MVP 
right now I would give it to him. The dude has been playing great this year and the Colts are my darkhorse for the SB right now.

They play the way I like football to be played, run it down your throat, don't turn the ball over and play stifling Defense.

Trenches man, trenches.

Taylor is definitely in a league all his own this year. Mixon isn’t on that level and that’s no knock on Mixon.
Reply/Quote
These accomplishments are great,and it’s interesting seeing the comparisons.Just wish Burrow had an OL comparable to,or better than what Mahomes has in front of him.That would be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Palmer was arguably a top 3 QB in 2005. I wouldn’t quite put Burrow that high just yet, but I think he’s knocking on the door of top 5.

Not hating, but Palmer being viewed as top 3 had as much to do with a lack of elite QBs as his play.

In 2005 you had Peyton and Brady as the top guys, but beyond that?

- Favre was in the midst of the worst 2 year stretch of his career
- Kurt Warner was in that mid-career lull where teams mistakenly thought he was a flash in the pan
- Drew Brees and Big Ben hadn't hit their stride yet

...and really that's it. You had some McNabb, McNair, Vick, Trent Green types, but there was literally only 2 elite QBs in the league for a 2-3 year stretch.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:17 PM)Destro Wrote: Can we go nuts on O-line to protect Burrow this off season now? Yeah, get the defense short timers signed, but make this o-line beast. Draft picks, spending the salary cap, I don’t care. Top

Can you imagine this offense if we had a line that - instead of being a liability - was able to impose it's will on opposing defenses? We'd be unstoppable. They should go all-in on the line while these young stars are on rookie deals. Let's get a ring or two.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
hella ya
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can you imagine this offense if we had a line that - instead of being a liability - was able to impose it's will on opposing defenses? We'd be unstoppable. They should go all-in on the line while these young stars are on rookie deals. Let's get a ring or two.

They have the money and the cap space to be able to go all out on the OL (especially if they cut Waynes). And we’ve seen them spend like drunken sailors on the defense the past couple years. No reason they can’t do that for the OL now. Go out and snag a top guy like Brandon Scherff.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:46 PM)Tony Wrote: **** Palmer... He wasn't spreading the rock like this.. I'd take Joe 100 out of 100 times...
Palmer was just on Dan Patrick saying how much better Herbert is than Burrow.. He's dead to me..

I hope he keeps talking.  Burrow feeds on stuff like that.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:17 PM)Destro Wrote: Can we go nuts on O-line to protect Burrow this off season now?  Yeah, get the defense short timers signed, but make this o-line beast. Draft picks, spending the salary cap, I don’t care. Top

Has to be in FA.

Guys drafted next season are going to take a year to develop with a few exceptions. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote