Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overstayed Visas
BmorePat Wrote:Which visa programs are you cutting first?

Also, sweet straw man. 

H-1B would take major hits. As would student visa's.

The rest I would need to look into them further.
Ankle Bracelets.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

SteelCitySou Wrote:Ankle Bracelets.

I know you made this in jest. But did you see the story where a company in the UK was making refugees wear bracelets so they knew who was getting what and could be tracked?
(01-25-2016, 04:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: H-1B would take major hits.   As would student visa's.  

Students and their immediate family would certainly take care of roughly half the visas we issue each year, but the H-1B seems like an off choice if you want to support American businesses. It's a relatively small program, certainly smaller than refugees. What do you propose we do the counteract the losses of skilled workers with degrees? Obviously businesses would be upset about that.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-25-2016, 04:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: H-1B would take major hits.   As would student visa's.  

So the guy who praises Australia for their points system that promotes preference for skilled and qualified applicants wants to cut the US Visa program for skilled and qualified applicants. 

[Image: 4707656816_0a5ec48321.jpg]
(01-25-2016, 07:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Students and their immediate family would certainly take care of roughly half the visas we issue each year, but the H-1B seems like an off choice if you want to support American businesses. It's a relatively small program, certainly smaller than refugees. What do you propose we do the counteract the losses of skilled workers with degrees? Obviously businesses would be upset about that.

Gee Hire locally and competitively?? And lowers Unemployment rate.. Double bonus.
I doubt there is a massive shortage in many fields.
(01-25-2016, 07:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Gee Hire locally and competitively?? And lowers Unemployment rate.. Double bonus.
I doubt there is a massive shortage in many fields.

Hmmmm, hire the less qualified candidates over the more qualified candidates......where have I heard that argument before?
(01-23-2016, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned the large cost of tracking millions of people.  It costs money because we have to pay people to do it.  Way to grasp a concept. ThumbsUp

What does this even mean?

What type of technology is free?

The same way they monitor criminals on house arrest, gps.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Can we just call this what this is? This is a thinly-veiled shot at the illegal immigrants that are supposedly the bane of our country. You want to reduce the amount of illegals in the country? Streamline the process for these people to be legal contributors to society. Stop with the bullshit myth that they are taking jobs from Americans. Stop the bullshit that they commit a significant amount of violent crime. I would wager that the vast majority of people here are simply looking for a better life. Instead of just making them live in more fear, let them contribute to the society they want to be a part of.
(01-25-2016, 08:07 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Can we just call this what this is? This is a thinly-veiled shot at the illegal immigrants that are supposedly the bane of our country. You want to reduce the amount of illegals in the country? Streamline the process for these people to be legal contributors to society. Stop with the bullshit myth that they are taking jobs from Americans. Stop the bullshit that they commit a significant amount of violent crime. I would wager that the vast majority of people here are simply looking for a better life. Instead of just making them live in more fear, let them contribute to the society they want to be a part of.

Well how do you get votes that way?   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
BmorePat Wrote:Students and their immediate family would certainly take care of roughly half the visas we issue each year, but the H-1B seems like an off choice if you want to support American businesses. It's a relatively small program, certainly smaller than refugees. What do you propose we do the counteract the losses of skilled workers with degrees? Obviously businesses would be upset about that.

They can be upset all they like. Hire Americans. Disney lays off workers to replace with cheap H-B1 workers.

It would be different if they couldn't find domestic employees for these positions.
(01-25-2016, 08:07 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Can we just call this what this is? This is a thinly-veiled shot at the illegal immigrants that are supposedly the bane of our country. You want to reduce the amount of illegals in the country? Streamline the process for these people to be legal contributors to society. Stop with the bullshit myth that they are taking jobs from Americans. Stop the bullshit that they commit a significant amount of violent crime. I would wager that the vast majority of people here are simply looking for a better life. Instead of just making them live in more fear, let them contribute to the society they want to be a part of.

No, this is not a shot at those friendly, contrite brown skinned folks who manicure your Golf course, or clean your motel room.  (never mind them, they are just here to earn money, and pump it into their Mexican bank accounts, where it is currently worth 18.62 pesos per dollar)  This is about stopping terrorists, disguised as dual citizens, pretending to be here for school, work, or vacation.  People that may have a strong desire to kill as many Americans as they can, all for their hatred of our cultural differences.  (never mind the Mexican illegals, many of whom are members of the drug cartel gangs..)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
CKwi Wrote:Can we just call this what this is? This is a thinly-veiled shot at the illegal immigrants that are supposedly the bane of our country. You want to reduce the amount of illegals in the country? Streamline the process for these people to be legal contributors to society. Stop with the bullshit myth that they are taking jobs from Americans. Stop the bullshit that they commit a significant amount of violent crime. I would wager that the vast majority of people here are simply looking for a better life. Instead of just making them live in more fear, let them contribute to the society they want to be a part of.

The better life is for law abiding Americans. Not law breakers from other countries. It's a slap in the face to any immigrant who actually follows the legal process to come here the right way.

Apply for citizenship and follow the process. You get in on your merits. And there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get a sponsor either.

You commented before about my support of Australian system. H-1b isn't the same. These people are not coming here permanently.... Only temporary. Which is the problem. We want high skilled here permanently .
(01-25-2016, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, this is not a shot at those friendly, contrite brown skinned folks who manicure your Golf course, or clean your motel room.  (never mind them, they are just here to earn money, and pump it into their Mexican bank accounts, where it is currently worth 18.62 pesos per dollar)  This is about stopping terrorists, disguised as dual citizens, pretending to be here for school, work, or vacation.  People that may have a strong desire to kill as many Americans as they can, all for their hatred of our cultural differences.  (never mind the Mexican illegals, many of whom are members of the drug cartel gangs..)

(01-25-2016, 08:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The better life is for law abiding Americans.   Not law breakers from other countries.    It's a slap in the face to any immigrant who actually follows the legal process to come here the right way.    

Apply for citizenship and follow the process.    You get in on your merits.  And there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get a sponsor either.    

You commented before about my support of Australian system.   H-1b isn't the same.   These people are not coming here permanently.... Only temporary.    Which is the problem.   We want high skilled here permanently .

[Image: be-afraid-be-very-afraid-1.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-25-2016, 07:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hmmmm, hire the less qualified candidates over the more qualified candidates......where have I heard that argument before?

Oh I'm sure there are enough qualified people out there. The problem is companies want to pay as little as possible.

This creates an unfair advantage for companies to artificially keep wages lower and at the same time locks an American out of a potential job.

There is no limit on the number of "O" visas, which allows a company to bring in a genius into their field. The H1-B's are for the journeymen in the IT field, and again of which there is no shortage of American workers in.
(01-25-2016, 07:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hmmmm, hire the less qualified candidates over the more qualified candidates......where have I heard that argument before?

I suppose you have a point if you don't consider being a citizen a qualification.

It's not a question of qualification; it's a question of value.

If there is a true need for these types of technical workers then common-core should be more directed toward STEM classes and educating our workforce; not "outsourcing". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Affirmative Action ?
(01-25-2016, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose you have a point if you don't consider being a citizen a qualification.

If there is a true need for these types of technical workers then common-core should be more directed toward STEM classes and educating our workforce; not "outsourcing". 

if that was truly the problem, then I would agree with you.
We already have more people with STEM Degrees that we have Jobs available in STEM fields.
So, that doesn't appear to be the problem.
(01-25-2016, 09:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: if that was truly the problem, then I would agree with you.
We already have more people with STEM Degrees that we have Jobs available in STEM fields.
So, that doesn't appear to be the problem.

That is simply not true.  The US is actually importing people, just to do engineering and technology related fields, for lack of quality applicants from inside the US.

One small example.
http://www.informationweek.com/team-building-and-staffing/microsoft-defends-hiring-foreign-workers/d/d-id/1107611?

A list, compiled by Forbes.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2015/02/17/the-highest-paying-in-demand-jobs-in-america/#3fc0066f2856
All smart jobs

This one offers some explanation.
https://www.randstadusa.com/workforce360/jobs-the-economy/engineering-jobs-in-demand-for-2015/255/

Just good reading, as to why..
http://www.businessweek.com/debateroom/archives/2007/09/beware_the_h-1b_visa.html

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-25-2016, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose you have a point if you don't consider being a citizen a qualification.

There are Common Core standards for Science, Technology, and Math.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]