Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owners approve PAT changes
Changes are as follows.
Point after Touch down will now be snapped from the 15 yard line.
Two Point conversions are still at the 2 yard line.
Defenses can now score on a turn over on a 2 pt conversion.
Reply/Quote
This is the Around the NFL news. Because I posted my thread down there and I want people to comment on that one not this one  Whatever  lol

Also I HATE this idea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's snapped from the 15, not kicked from the 15. We'll have to go for 2 or replace Nuge now. So, win-win.
Reply/Quote
32 yard straight shot fgs should be easy for any "NFL" kicker, I don't have a problem with it. I like the fact the defense can now score off a blocked attempt. Keep in fact it's the same disadvantage for everyone so nobody is really getting screwed in the end.

I wonder what 2 teams voted against this rule change
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:13 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I wonder what 2 teams voted against this rule change

Oakland and Washington
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I hate this rule. It puts way too much emphasis on the PAT. I just hate the thought of a team losing a shootout because of a missed PAT. The other plays should significantly outweigh a PAT. It cheapens the 120 other plays. I guess it will make going for two more viable, and that could make the game more exciting.

I think they should have just done away with the PAT and had an NFL Blitz style choice. Take a free point or go for two.

I do like that the defense can run the ball back, though. I feel like that option should have always existed.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Man. A few more yards and it would be out of Nugent's range.

We need a kicking upgrade. Hope this newbie beats him out.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:22 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Man. A few more yards and it would be out of Nugent's range.

We need a kicking upgrade. Hope this newbie beats him out.

He's not that bad. One of the few who showed up during the wild-card round with a 57 yard field goal.
Reply/Quote
I think the biggest change will be scoring off the turnover. I don't reckon we will see them passing to get the conversion as often... especially those flat passes.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 07:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It's snapped from the 15, not kicked from the 15. We'll have to go for 2 or replace Nuge now. So, win-win.

[Image: 33-Yard-Field-Goal-Stats-1998-2014.jpg]

Just sayin
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:32 PM)Stormborn Wrote: [Image: 33-Yard-Field-Goal-Stats-1998-2014.jpg]

Just sayin

Yeah I was just joking. Nuge is good inside of 40.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah I was just joking. Nuge is good inside of 40.

Except at the buzzer I guess.

This is quite interesting though, not a lot of kicks happen when the ball's at the 15 so there's not a substantial amount of data. Or maybe a ton happen there and I have no idea because I have no other chart to compare it to.

He'll attempt around 50-60 this year alone, he's bound to miss a few along with our opponent's kickers, so the odds even out, but the unpredictability increases.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:53 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Except at the buzzer I guess.

This is quite interesting though, not a lot of kicks happen when the ball's at the 15 so there's not a substantial amount of data. Or maybe a ton happen there and I have no idea because I have no other chart to compare it to.

He'll attempt around 50-60 this year alone, he's bound to miss a few along with our opponent's kickers, so the odds even out, but the unpredictability increases.

We are just gonna have to let hill or wilder Jr pound in 2 pointers for us :)
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:57 PM)MrRager Wrote: I hate this rule. It puts way too much emphasis on the PAT. I just hate the thought of a team losing a shootout because of a missed PAT. The other plays should significantly outweigh a PAT. It cheapens the 120 other plays. I guess it will make going for two more viable, and that could make the game more exciting.

I think they should have just done away with the PAT and had an NFL Blitz style choice. Take a free point or go for two.

I do like that the defense can run the ball back, though. I feel like that option should have always existed.

That is the entire point, to put more emphasis on the PAT not being so "automatic", to add drama to already dramatic games..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of it.

The old way disproportionately penalized a kicker who had a fluke. Maybe a bad snap, maybe a bad hold, maybe a slip. Whatever. Some random fluke and he looks like an idiot for not hitting a chip in.

Now there's actually some value to it.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:53 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Except at the buzzer I guess.

I bet the percentages are way above 90% this year. Kickers are most likely much better now than they were in the late 90s and early 00s. Also, the ball will always be placed in the middle of the field. Sometimes with short kicks, the angle can make the kick a little harder.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:05 PM)MrRager Wrote: I bet the percentages are way above 90% this year. Kickers are most likely much better now than they were in the late 90s and early 00s. Also, the ball will always be placed in the middle of the field. Sometimes with short kicks, the angle can make the kick a little harder.

I mean, it's still a practical chip shot, but we're probably gonna see some games decided on a missed extra point, it's just bound to happen.
Reply/Quote
all the more reason to really give Obarski a shot against Nugent. The best kicker should win, not the vet.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of the change personally.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is the entire point, to put more emphasis on the PAT not being so "automatic", to add drama to already dramatic games..
Oh, I know it's the point, but I just don't agree with it. I hate the idea that this little pointless play can play such a large factor in deciding games. I think the offense/defense and other special teams plays should hold more weight. That's why I was for removing it and just giving the team an option to take a point.
(05-19-2015, 11:54 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I mean, it's still a practical chip shot, but we're probably gonna see some games decided on a missed extra point, it's just bound to happen.

We will forsure. I just think that sucks. The PAT went from like 99.5% to 95ish%.
Reply/Quote