Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
P. Alexander Comment
On the way home from work I was listening to WLW, Lapham's Bengals weekly or whatever. He was interviewing the piano man about Ogbuehi. I didn't get to hear it all, radio faded out for a second. I'm assuming the question was something to the effect of why did you pull him out during the Ravens game or whenever.

This quote I heard clear, Alexander says " we don't care if you're having a bad day, we're trying to win a football game here".

What a coaching genius, it only took 11 games to figure out Ogbuehi was hurting their chances of winning games !

Then Lapham asks Alexander how Ogbuehi took it ? Piano Man says "well I didn't take him a box of kleenex's or nothing".

Like he's all hard and a get it done or get out coach. LMAO, what a clueless, incompetent, fool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh no! You can't pick on Paul Alexander! fredtoast to the rescue in 3,2, 1...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh no!  You can't pick on Paul Alexander!  fredtoast to the rescue in 3,2, 1...

This is a job for fred toast lol
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 09:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: On the way home from work I was listening to WLW, Lapham's Bengals weekly or whatever. He was interviewing the piano man about Ogbuehi. I didn't get to hear it all, radio faded out for a second. I'm assuming the question was something to the effect of  why did you pull him out during the Ravens game or whenever.

This quote I heard clear, Alexander says " we don't care if you're having a bad day, we're trying to win a football game here".

What a coaching genius, it only took 11 games to figure out Ogbuehi was hurting their chances of winning games !

Then Lapham asks Alexander how Ogbuehi took it ? Piano Man says "well I didn't take him a box of kleenex's  or nothing".

Like he's all hard and a get it done or get out coach. LMAO, what a clueless, incompetent, fool.

It's impossible to know who to be irritated with, honestly.  Is Paul handcuffed, by his bosses, in who he plays? Or is he the one responsible for playing guys that are failing.  I don't think I have ever heard who makes the calls on these things.  It's not your typical organizational structure.  Until I know for certain I will just have to maintain a general testiness and willingness to reassign blame as new facts arise.  Having said that, I wholly expect to engage in wanton and random accusations of incompetence, which are wildly satisfying in these times of uncertainty. Smirk

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Is Mike Zimmer a bad coach
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:29 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: This is a job for fred toast lol

The wheels in his head are already turning...  This looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me, 'cause we need a little controversy, 'cause it feels so empty without me...  Nah, na na na na na, na na na na...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:36 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Is Mike Zimmer a bad coach

Man, do we sure miss him around here..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
PA must go !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Man, do we sure miss him around here..

Ok then so question, shouldn't he receive the same amount of blame for trotting out TJ Clemmings every week, despite him being easily the worst LT in all of football? He's getting his QBs killed but he still starts every week. The answer to this is just that sometimes your hands ARE tied. Ogbeuhi is terrible. That much is true. But Winston is equally terrible. Winston has given up 2 strip sacks. He has caused Andy a ton of pressure too. However having Ced out there gives you much more upside with his athleticism and youth. While it obviously didn't work out, it's hard to say the coaches are left with many other options. If Fisher were showing better signs in practice then he would have been out there often. It sucks, it was a bad pick, but they are working with what they have.
Reply/Quote
The disconnect between PA's confidence level and his performance smacks of something that needs a tangential metaphor. I think this is like working at a car lot and you and your co-workers are all working your asses off to close sales and make your numbers. Meanwhile, the bosses nephew (who works there, because of course) walks around with endless braggadocio despite being a crap seller, because he doesn't seem to realize his untouchable nature comes from his connection and not his ability.

Bottom line is that we HAVE to accept that ol' PA is here for life AND is awful at his job. The least he could do is not act like he's the bee's knees for finally benching a 1st round bust he couldn't coach into baseline ability.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:54 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Ok then so question, shouldn't he receive the same amount of blame for trotting out TJ Clemmings every week, despite him being easily the worst LT in all of football? He's getting his QBs killed but he still starts every week. The answer to this is just that sometimes your hands ARE tied. Ogbeuhi is terrible. That much is true. But Winston is equally terrible. Winston has given up 2 strip sacks. He has caused Andy a ton of pressure too. However having Ced out there gives you much more upside with his athleticism and youth. While it obviously didn't work out, it's hard to say the coaches are left with many other options. If Fisher were showing better signs in practice then he would have been out there often. It sucks, it was a bad pick, but they are working with what they have.

Not necessarily.  He is definitely better on the left side, which he excelled at in college.  I don't know that he ever played on the right side prior to coming here.  In my mind he was drafted to be the LT of the future, but they wanted to get him on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not necessarily.  He is definitely better on the left side, which he excelled at in college.  I don't know that he ever played on the right side prior to coming here.  In my mind he was drafted to be the LT of the future, but they wanted to get him on the field.

Ced does not know how to use his hands. That will continue on the left side and it'll be worse
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:08 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Ced does not know how to use his hands. That will continue on the left side and it'll be worse

THe footwork is completely backwards.  If he is thinking about his footwork instead of shuffling like it is second nature, he is not going to use his hands well.

Remember, after he was activated last season he played the blocking TE role and was on the left side plenty.  The future for him looked bright, because he wasn't out of his element there.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:54 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Ok then so question, shouldn't he receive the same amount of blame for trotting out TJ Clemmings every week, despite him being easily the worst LT in all of football? He's getting his QBs killed but he still starts every week. The answer to this is just that sometimes your hands ARE tied. Ogbeuhi is terrible. That much is true. But Winston is equally terrible. Winston has given up 2 strip sacks. He has caused Andy a ton of pressure too. However having Ced out there gives you much more upside with his athleticism and youth. While it obviously didn't work out, it's hard to say the coaches are left with many other options. If Fisher were showing better signs in practice then he would have been out there often. It sucks, it was a bad pick, but they are working with what they have.

This makes sense, but then it also makes me realize most NFL franchises hold people accountable for making bad picks.  I'm not up on my football history, but something tells me the Seahawks aren't having the same people who drafted Dan McGwuire and Rick Mirer make personnel choices to this day.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not necessarily.  He is definitely better on the left side, which he excelled at in college.  I don't know that he ever played on the right side prior to coming here.  In my mind he was drafted to be the LT of the future, but they wanted to get him on the field.

He played primarily RT in college, and was moved back to RT after struggling at LT for a time..

Problem is, he has never had a TC due to injuries.  He may turn out to be a good player, but he's severely underdeveloped.
Reply/Quote
The interesting part of this interview that you must have missed was the point where Paul Alexander states something to the effect of "I am surprised it took as long as it did", in relation to Ogbuehi's benching.

Wow. That took balls. He just called out the head coach. And who is it again that is on the hot seat?

Honestly, I don't think Marvin is going anywhere. It isn't what I want, but the realist in me (ha, and a Bengal's fan that still holds out hope for a playoff entry) says that without back to back poor seasons, he won't be fired.

He will be given one more year. If they don't make the playoffs next year, he would be let go since his contract would be up.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:13 PM)Whatever Wrote: He played primarily RT in college, and was moved back to RT after struggling at LT for a time..

Problem is, he has never had a TC due to injuries.  He may turn out to be a good player, but he's severely underdeveloped.

I could've sworn he started at guard then kicked out to left tackle.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I could've sworn he started at guard then kicked out to left tackle.

Nope.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cedric-ogbuehi?id=2552355
Reply/Quote

Except we have a rookie draft pick that has been inactive every game that could possibly make a difference on the interior. And a 2nd year 2nd round pick who plays OT that hasn't been given the slightest thought of playing RT. 

Zimmer has ran through his options. We have kept doing the same thing over and over that led to failure. 

It sucks, it was a bad pick, and we have bad coaches. So the problem is compounded. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: PA must go !

YES. THIS is a change that absolutely must happen.

Reply/Quote