Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PBS 8th worse stadium in the NFL.
TBH, I don’t know if I agree. When I was a season ticket holder, I went to many games. I enjoyed the beer and although I never ate there, the stadium seemed to be a cool place. The pro shop is a little smaller than I hoped but other than that, I really didn’t have any complaints. But, if I was to find some, I guess they could of switched up the music a little. It was always the same (no Katie Perry please).

https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/worst-stadiums-in-the-nfl/p-7

[Image: worst-stadiums-in-the-nfl_full_width_8_1...183255.jpg]

Quote:Paul Brown Stadium is a cookie-cutter stadium on the Ohio River in downtown Cincinnati. It has rather typical concessions — nothing to really separate it from the rest of the pack.

The Bengals are known for their great fans, so it's a shame the team plays in such a generic home.

The stadium gets three and a half stars from the Yelp community. "Overall this is a lousy place to see a football game, and a worse representation of the proud city of Cincinnati," says one reviewer.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Going off of yelp reviews? Excellent journalism.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 09:56 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Going off of yelp reviews? Excellent journalism.

Hilarious it was something on yahoos main page. I’m not a yelper (well, unless I stub a toe or hammer a finger-but everyone gets a pass for that, right?

Reply/Quote
Didn't Paul Brown Stadium win a bunch of architectural awards?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 10:24 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Didn't Paul Brown Stadium win a bunch of architectural awards?

Unsure but I really don’t see it as cookie cutter as described.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 09:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: TBH, I don’t know if I agree. When I was a season ticket holder, I went to many games. I enjoyed the beer and although I never ate there, the stadium seemed to be a cool place. The pro shop is a little smaller than I hoped but other than that, I really didn’t have any complaints. But, if I was to find some, I guess they could of switched up the music a little. It was always the same (no Katie Perry please).

https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/worst-stadiums-in-the-nfl/p-7

[Image: worst-stadiums-in-the-nfl_full_width_8_1...183255.jpg]

I would hardly call it a poor representation of the city.  If the Bengals charged what Jerry Jones does to see a game, we would have a completely empty stadium.

There really isn't a bad seat in the house.  The bathrooms are plentiful and you can usually get in and out in a couple minutes.  They keep the bathrooms really warm in the winter so my dad could heat up and they pipe in Dan and Lap so you don't miss the action. 

There is FINALLY a lot of restaurants, bars, etc, in that area by the water and the overall experience is affordable and fun.  

My only real complaint (and unless you have been there, you might not know about them) is the money spent on the convertible club lounge area.  It is really, really nice back there and you can only get in if your seats are in the CC area.  The cost of the seats as season tickets is quite a bit higher, but you can go back and mingle, get upgraded food options, etc.  It is more of what you would call the "business class" seats.

IMHO, I would have made a bit more of an investment on the "real fan" sections and offered more variety of outside food sources, like at the Reds game.  However, the seats are big, comfy, not metal (freeze your ass off), and every seat has a cupholder mounted in front of you.  

I will miss the games this year, but will be watching them all!!!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'm not seeing that.  Middle of the pack?  Sure, but not 8th worst. Like you say Harley, I don't find it to be "cookie cutter".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's a fine stadium, but never going to bring a Super Bowl to Cincy. The next stadium needs to have a retractable roof, better in stadium restaurants and more than one jumbo-tron. I really like Indy's stadium and something like that would be perfect for Cincy.

[Image: 1397495624011-inidc5-63ave5pi3k913fn7q51f-original.jpg]

[Image: 1328308629-09454-127.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's really subjective isn't it? If you really like your backyard and have spent your summers making it exactly to your liking then it's the greatest backyard ever.. Nobody else's opinion really matters. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 11:12 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: It's a fine stadium, but never going to bring a Super Bowl to Cincy. The next stadium needs to have a retractable roof, better in stadium restaurants and more than one jumbo-tron. I really like Indy's stadium and something like that would be perfect for Cincy.

I was so disappointed in Indy stadium very overrated if you ask me, never been a fan of dome for football, half the games the roof seems closed... top section is not inclined well at all, it is big and spacious but takes forever to get to your seats and for all the money spent, they still have a paper factory right next store to it.. what an eyesore. Finally a bit detached for tailgating close
Reply/Quote
The stadium itself is probably a C. I have to agree that there isn't much unique going on at PBS.

I had a better experience seeing the local single A baseball team up here in Michigan.

I agree with Yojimbo that Indy's stadium looks amazing and we should probably copy that next time around...which should be awhile.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I've only ever been to two stadiums (PBS and RWS) and Buffalo's is a complete turd in comparison; they still have Bench Bleacher seats, instead of actual chair seats, in the endzone, which is a major no-no, in my book.

PSB is beautiful, comfortable and inviting. Great location too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Have no problems with PBS personally.

Except when the mobile camera on sideline stops in front of my seat.

The funny part about that is that back in the day of big tube TV's they had one strapped to the back of camera platform for fans to watch when they obstruct your view.

Now in the days of flat screens it would be much easier to mount TV on platform compared to the old bulky ones.

Yet they no longer do it for some odd reason.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But will agree with Shake that baseball seems to offer the best fan friendly stadiums there are.

Love Louisville Slugger field and recommend a pilgrimage down to visit it and the Louisville Slugger Museum for all Reds fans.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 01:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: But will agree with Shake that baseball seems to offer the best fan friendly stadiums there are.

Love Louisville Slugger field and recommend a pilgrimage down to visit it and the Louisville Slugger Museum for all Reds fans.

Inferior sport, superior interaction with fans, imo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 11:12 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: It's a fine stadium, but never going to bring a Super Bowl to Cincy. The next stadium needs to have a retractable roof, better in stadium restaurants and more than one jumbo-tron. I really like Indy's stadium and something like that would be perfect for Cincy.

i remember when building paul Brown stadium was being discussed....Chris Collinsworth was on wlw sports talk & I agreed 100% w/ what he said.....
BUILD A DOME STADIUM.....
that way it can be used for many things.....
Conventions, final 4 games, concerts, boxing matches, political campaigns, etc, etc, etc....
not just 10 to 12 football games per year....

but NO....
we got what we got....it's different.....it's  ok....??
but it's still a single use building....
Cincinnati needed a large DOME....
a poor choice IMO...& Collinsworths too...
Reply/Quote

Completely agree.  Wish there was a way to partner it with another sport like FC Cincinnati, but it will be a loooong time before we see another stadium deal here.  

One thing that was supposed to happen that didn't make the cut due to budgetary constraints was images projected on the awning at the very top of the stadium, like giant video feed and an orange and black striped banner.  That would have looked amazing.  
Reply/Quote
Considering we as taxpayers payed for PBS building a dome might have been pushing it a bit. How much more would that have been?

Reply/Quote
I would hope for the next stadium they would copy what the NFL Hall of Fame is doing. Build stuff around the stadium. I also would make it smaller indoor/outdoor stadium. Between 40- 60 thousand capacity intsead of nearly 70.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 01:33 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Completely agree.  Wish there was a way to partner it with another sport like FC Cincinnati, but it will be a loooong time before we see another stadium deal here.  

One thing that was supposed to happen that didn't make the cut due to budgetary constraints was images projected on the awning at the very top of the stadium, like giant video feed and an orange and black striped banner.  That would have looked amazing.  

If PBS were to follow the timeline of Riverfront, the stadium vote would take place in 2026 and the new stadium would open in 2030.

I wonder if Cincy will be over the last stadium deal by then?
Reply/Quote