Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PBS going cashless
Next time you go to a game make sure you bring your credit card

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:16 PM)pally Wrote: Next time you go to a game make sure you bring your credit card

Dang. I mean, good for you guys, but for the (ever-so small) contingent of us foreigners, non-cash will be a problem Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dang. I mean, good for you guys, but for the (ever-so small) contingent of us foreigners, non-cash will be a problem Sad

It's all a ploy to get you to tip 20% for a beer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dang. I mean, good for you guys, but for the (ever-so small) contingent of us foreigners, non-cash will be a problem Sad

PBS never accepted your Maple-scented Aplology Fun Bucks!

I kid, I love Canada...well, in theory.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:34 PM)jason Wrote: It's all a ploy to get you to tip 20% for a beer.

Nothing says you have to. I won't. I also won't miss seeing them struggle to make change for a $9.75 bill when you hand them a 10. Ninja
Reply/Quote
I went to my first Reds game in a while a couple weeks ago and was surprised GABP is cashless now.

Reply/Quote

Why can’t you just use cards down here? When I went to Canada a few years ago mine worked fine up there. Think I just got hit with some small fees or something.

Reply/Quote
Reds have been cashless all season and honestly, I've enjoyed it. Super easy to tap the card and stick it back in a pocket and walk away with a beer. Lines seem to move faster as well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Won't hurt me any... been using card there since 2005 LOL
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why can’t you just use cards down here? When I went to Canada a few years ago mine worked fine up there. Think I just got hit with some small fees or something.

Therein lies the issue; you guys have an excellent exchange rate for us.

But it's the complete opposite when we come down :'(

Say I get a jersey (since NFLshop.com only has black Elites, for some reason), something else that's $50.00 from the Pro Shop, Papa John's for my wife, Gold Star for myself and use my card.

$325.00 = $410.23, CAD. ($10.25 charge for Exchange)
$50.00 = $63.00, CAD ($1.58 charge for exchange)
$20.00 = $25.24 ($0.63 charge for exchange)

So actually, maybe I'm jumping the gun, 'cause I though the exchange charges would be double that lol (was gonna say, I could get a meal while down there, with the charges) but even double, $25.00 or so isn't bad at all.

I'm overreacting for nothing, carry on! :$
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

most major credit cards will auto exchange to the proper currancy.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Therein lies the issue; you guys have an excellent exchange rate for us.

Say I get a jersey (since NFLshop.com only has black Elites, for some reason), something else that's $50.00 from the Pro Shop, Papa John's for my wife, Gold Star for myself and use my card.

So actually, maybe I'm jumping the gun, 'cause I though the exchange charges would be double that lol (was gonna say, I could get a meal while down there, with the charges) but even double, $25.00 or so isn't bad at all.

Speaking of, I got one of my buddies (who is a Steelers fan) into watching the CFL with me and he wanted to buy a Stampeders hat and the shipping/taxes to the USA were more than the hat itself...I tells ya!
Reply/Quote

Perhaps you can still use tire money…
Reply/Quote
Seems stupid and I don't know if the people in the upper seats that don't have a ton of expendable money will just be able to charge things to a credit card at will. People might be spending a few hundred dollars on alcohol and food, so how much is that in fees and whatever?

Makes no difference to me because I pay with credit cards a lot anyways, but I'm just wondering how this will impact other fans.

Some people prefer to be strictly cash.

I'm probably just overthinking this because I still enjoy life in the 90s when everything was more simple and less-automated, but this just seems unnecessary.
Reply/Quote
Damn, I didnt know there were places that still took cash. Is that still a thing?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 01:24 PM)Mobster Wrote: Damn, I didnt know there were places that still took cash. Is that still a thing?

cash is still legal tender... And accepted in most places.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Therein lies the issue; you guys have an excellent exchange rate for us.

Bring cash, stick it in the kiosk and get a pre paid card. No biggie
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 01:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Seems stupid and I don't know if the people in the upper seats that don't have a ton of expendable money will just be able to charge things to a credit card at will.  People might be spending a few hundred dollars on alcohol and food, so how much is that in fees and whatever?

Makes no difference to me because I pay with credit cards a lot anyways, but I'm just wondering how this will impact other fans.

Some people prefer to be strictly cash.

I'm probably just overthinking this because I still enjoy life in the 90s when everything was more simple and less-automated, but this just seems unnecessary.

Again, the article says they will have kiosks all over that accept cash then provide a pre paid debit card which can be used. That pretty much takes care of those with no credit cards or lack of credit. If you have cash, you can put it on the card. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I went to my first Reds game in a while a couple weeks ago and was surprised GABP is cashless now.

Yeah... I specifically pulled out cash for the game myself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, the article says they will have kiosks all over that accept cash then provide a pre paid debit card which can be used. That pretty much takes care of those with no credit cards or lack of credit. If you have cash, you can put it on the card. 

wonder if they will go kings island route and not charge anything to load those cards  if you buy a prepaid at the store its like a 20$ loading fee...

or if the prepaid card will only work at the stadium
Reply/Quote