Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PENEI SEWELL IF THERE
There is no other pick if he is there. You add the big Samoan to Bengals weak O Line. Look up Joe Burrow News and you will read Bengals get it now. They know they have to protect Burrow more on his injury comeback. They need to block for Mixon more on his injury comeback also. Why are Burrow and Mixon so injured, again the weak O Line.

Now if Sewell is not there, they could go for Slater who is only 6'3" and that in NFL is Guard Size. Bengals may not want a Guard Size in Round 1. Bengals do not value top guards as other teams like Steelers do. Mike Brown has never respected Guards.

CBS Mock Drafts have Sewell on the board going to The Bengals at Pick 5. That is what Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon and Bengals Fans should HOPE for. The true Top Pick Tackle size is 6'6" Outland Trophy Winner PENEI SEWELL. If the Big Samoan is there, you take him, forget everybody else on the board.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This is one of those drafts where its feels like Day 2 is the most important day for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:08 PM)Synric Wrote: This is one of those drafts where its feels like Day 2 is the most important day for the Bengals.

NOT if they get Sewell in Day 1....That would be a huge major draft pick. Some news sources are saying he could be our next Anthony Munoz.  I'll settle for our next Andrew Whitworth.  Him and Jonah Williams on same line and NOW we start to have SOME BLOCKING. Bengals now know they have to protect Joe Burrow, they learned the hard way. Sad Bengals front office always has to learn the hard way, the hard heads.

In a Joe Burrow Dream World, he has Sewell and Williams at Left and Right Tackle. We need help inside the Tackles also, but that is a good start on Pick 1.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:08 PM)Synric Wrote: This is one of those drafts where its feels like Day 2 is the most important day for the Bengals.

This draft feels like if they go out and get good offensive linemen they can free up the 1st to being more BPA or even a trade back than praying on one guy being there.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:42 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: This draft feels like if they go out and get good offensive linemen they can free up the 1st to being more BPA or even a trade back than praying on one guy being there.

I usually do an "Out of the Box" mock draft first every year but I did one in early December. I have it done now I just need to do some writing on the prospects... let's just say it's likely to get a mixed response lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:04 PM)kevin Wrote: There is no other pick if he is there.  You add the big Samoan to Bengals weak O Line.  Look up Joe Burrow News and you will read Bengals get it now. They know they have to protect Burrow more on his injury comeback. They need to block for Mixon more on his injury comeback also.  Why are Burrow and Mixon so injured, again the weak O Line.

Now if Sewell is not there, they could go for Slater who is only 6'3" and that in NFL is Guard Size. Bengals may not want a Guard Size in Round 1. Bengals do not value top guards as other teams like Steelers do. Mike Brown has never respected Guards.

CBS Mock Drafts have Sewell on the board going to The Bengals at Pick 5.  That is what Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon and Bengals Fans should HOPE for.  The true Top Pick Tackle size is 6'6" Outland Trophy Winner PENEI SEWELL.  If the Big Samoan is there, you take him, forget everybody else on the board.

As much as I love Sewell if I can move down into the Teens and get multiple picks while getting Darrisaw than thats what I do.  This class is absolutely loaded with developmental talented edge rushers in rounds 2-4.  There is also a ton of offensive line talent in this class and I do mean a Ton.  

When I first came into this draft season and started scouting these players I had a totally different impression, but trust me when I say we want picks =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:42 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: This draft feels like if they go out and get good offensive linemen they can free up the 1st to being more BPA or even a trade back than praying on one guy being there.

IF Penie Swell is there and not taken aleady, then Penie Sewell IS THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.  There are no other players on the board more needed for Bengals than Penie Sewell.  On BAA or BPA, It is still Penie Sewell......To Fans who want Defense or WR, I'm glad to say all info coming out about Joe Burrow recovery is That Joe Burrow is ahead of schedule, and BENGALS NOW KNOW THEY MUST GET BLOCKERS TO PROTECT BURROW....It all comes back to one thing. If the big Samoan Outland Trophy Winner is There,  Bengals Draft Him above all others. This is not rocket science. If Sewell is still there, you draft Sewell. ....If Sewell is there and Bengals draft someone else, they are clueless and deserve many more last place seasons and Joe Burrow should demand to be traded or file for divorce from Bengals due to Non Support. 

Bengals drafted Heisman Burrow Top Pick in 2020 Draft. They did not block for him. He got injured. If they do not block for him, he will get career injured very fast. That would be a waste of Top Pick in 2020 Draft, and that will set Bengals back many years and cement them as a last place team for many years. Now an edge rusher can not block for Burrow. A Linebacker can not block for Burrow. A WR can not block for Burrow. Penie Sewell can block for Burrow. THAT is why you take Penie Sewell if he is there, you don't even consider anybody else if Sewell is there. You get Williams on one side, Sewell on the other, and you seal off the right and left flanks coming after Burrow. In the Ground Game it also give you Power Off Tackle Left or Right for Mixon or other Runners. You slow those edge rushers with a mix of Power Off Tackle Runs, that will keep the edge rushers from thinking Sack every play. Sewell and Williams and you pound the rock on Power Sweeps to the Outside, then you free up Burrow to be the Franchise Quarterback on passes.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:04 PM)kevin Wrote: There is no other pick if he is there.  

As much as i love and have pined for the guy, what you said is a bad, short-sighted way to think. 

What happens if the Bengals are able to sign a young, experienced, very good Taylor Moton? Now you have Williams, Moton and Sewell but you're still short on explosive playmakers on offense. That's not even counting if they try and sign an experienced guard in FA as well, or draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft. 

I get that they need blocking but you don't ignore everything else and just get blocking, because you need blocking.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:04 PM)kevin Wrote: There is no other pick if he is there.  You add the big Samoan to Bengals weak O Line.  Look up Joe Burrow News and you will read Bengals get it now. They know they have to protect Burrow more on his injury comeback. They need to block for Mixon more on his injury comeback also.  Why are Burrow and Mixon so injured, again the weak O Line.

CBS Mock Drafts have Sewell on the board going to The Bengals at Pick 5.  That is what Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon and Bengals Fans should HOPE for.  The true Top Pick Tackle size is 6'6" Outland Trophy Winner PENEI SEWELL.  If the Big Samoan is there, you take him, forget everybody else on the board.

What if you sign Taylor Moton, a PROVEN commodity, to play RT next year?  Then, you could add Ja'Marr Chase and transform the offense.  Get an OT in Rd 2 like Spencer Brown from Northern Iowa and groom him to take over RT and move Moton inside to RG.  Beast line and the best weapon in the draft.  
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 02:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As much as i love and have pined for the guy, what you said is a bad, short-sighted way to think. 

What happens if the Bengals are able to sign a young, experienced, very good Taylor Moton? Now you have Williams, Moton and Sewell but you're still short on explosive playmakers on offense. That's not even counting if they try and sign an experienced guard in FA as well, or draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft. 

I get that they need blocking but you don't ignore everything else and just get blocking, because you need blocking.

The ONLY way you do not draft Sewell is if he is drafted before Bengal pick, which is possible.  If still on the board you take Sewell, because Burrow coming back from injury gets no blocking just as Dalton got no blocking.  You know who would be an explosive playmaker on offense, Penie Sewell.  Yes a Munoz or Whitworth or Willie Anderson are Explosive Playmakers. ...Burrow Led Bengals Need Blocking and Sewell in Stripes is the Best Player Available if he is still on the board.  Yes, we still need 4 other blockers, Williams should be one of them. The inside of the Bengals O Line is still horse meat, or horse manure, but at least they would have the Tackles loaded up by picking Sewell.

Luckily, everything I read on Burrow news says Bengals Front Office has seen the light and they are going to get Burrow Blocking and THAT comes before everything. Sewell is the big Samoan to draft if he is there. Best Player Available. Some on news say the next Munoz, that sounds too rosey, but he is rated to go high in draft. Hey, I would love another Munoz. So would Joe Burrows injured knee.

I tell you why you draft Sewell to protect Burrow....GREG COOK....You don't want Burrow to be another Greg Cook in Bengals History.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yep, gotta draft him if he’s there. Trade down sounds good in theory; but last time we tried it we missed out on our target and settled for Price. Would be nice if Sewell was there for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:01 PM)kevin Wrote: The ONLY way you do not draft Sewell is if he is drafted before Bengal pick, which is possible.  If still on the board you take Sewell, because Burrow coming back from injury gets no blocking just as Dalton got no blocking.  You know who would be an explosive playmaker on offense, Penie Sewell.  Yes a Munoz or Whitworth or Willie Anderson are Explosive Playmakers. ...Burrow Led Bengals Need Blocking and Sewell in Stripes is the Best Player Available if he is still on the board.  Yes, we still need 4 other blockers, Williams should be one of them.  The inside of the Bengals O Line is still horse meat, or horse manure, but at least they would have the Tackles loaded up by picking Sewell.

Luckily, everything I read on Burrow news says Bengals Front Office has seen the light and they are going to get Burrow Blocking and THAT comes before everything. Sewell is the big Samoan to draft if he is there.  Best Player Available.  Some on news say the next Munoz, that sounds too rosey, but he is rated to go high in draft.  Hey, I would love another Munoz. So would Joe Burrows injured knee.

I tell you why you draft Sewell to protect Burrow....GREG COOK....You don't want Burrow to be another Greg Cook in Bengals History.

You didn't even come close to answering my question. 

If the Bengals are able to sign a proven, very good RT like Taylor Moton...why do you take Sewell when the team also needs playmakers. You know, the type of playmaker that actually moves the ball down the field?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't think he gets pass Miami.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 02:18 PM)kevin Wrote: IF Penie Swell is there and not taken aleady, then Penie Sewell IS THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.  There are no other players on the board more needed for Bengals than Penie Sewell.  On BAA or BPA, It is still Penie Sewell......To Fans who want Defense or WR, I'm glad to say all info coming out about Joe Burrow recovery is That Joe Burrow is ahead of schedule, and BENGALS NOW KNOW THEY MUST GET BLOCKERS TO PROTECT BURROW....It all comes back to one thing. If the big Samoan Outland Trophy Winner is There,  Bengals Draft Him above all others. This is not rocket science. If Sewell is still there, you draft Sewell. ....If Sewell is there and Bengals draft someone else, they are clueless and deserve many more last place seasons and Joe Burrow should demand to be traded or file for divorce from Bengals due to Non Support. 

Bengals drafted Heisman Burrow Top Pick in 2020 Draft. They did not block for him. He got injured. If they do not block for him, he will get career injured very fast. That would be a waste of Top Pick in 2020 Draft, and that will set Bengals back many years and cement them as a last place team for many years. Now an edge rusher can not block for Burrow. A Linebacker can not block for Burrow. A WR can not block for Burrow. Penie Sewell can block for Burrow. THAT is why you take Penie Sewell if he is there, you don't even consider anybody else if Sewell is there. You get Williams on one side, Sewell on the other, and you seal off the right and left flanks coming after Burrow. In the Ground Game it also give you Power Off Tackle Left or Right for Mixon or other Runners. You slow those edge rushers with a mix of Power Off Tackle Runs, that will keep the edge rushers from thinking Sack every play. Sewell and Williams and you pound the rock on Power Sweeps to the Outside, then you free up Burrow to be the Franchise Quarterback on passes.

If he’s there doesn’t that imply he hasn’t been taken?

And now on to the TACKLING portion of the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You didn't even come close to answering my question. 

If the Bengals are able to sign a proven, very good RT like Taylor Moton...why do you take Sewell when the team also needs playmakers. You know, the type of playmaker that actually moves the ball down the field?

If you don't think Munoz or Montoya or Willie Anderson or Whitworth moved the ball down the field, then you know nothing about football.   

If we can add Sewell to Williams at Tackles, it's the pick.  You plug the Big Samoan Outland Trophy Winner in there in hopes Burrow doesn't end up like GREG COOK. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:51 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If he’s there doesn’t that imply he hasn’t been taken?

And now on to the TACKLING portion of the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team better worry more about protecting Burrow than the tackling portion.  

They take Burrow TOP PICK only to get him clobbered every play.  It was only a matter of time before Burrow got injured like this, he was getting popped on every play.   Now that knee will never be the same after the operation. That knee is also easy to reinjure. If we don't get blocking in here, Burrow will have as short a career as GREG COOK.  You can forget all your Burrow dreams of glory here if he ends up like GREG COOK.

So there is no Tackling portion to this Round One post or a WR portion either.  IF SEWELL IS THERE, YOU TAKE HIM.   He is the Best Player On The Board If There, and he Fills The Weakest Area On The Team.  

I'm amazed some of you can't see that Burrow needs Blocking.  I only wish every one of you had to play the Steelers and Ravens with no blocking and end up injured and see how much you like it.  This WALMART DISCOUNT O LINE is not only Last Place, but it will get Burrow career injured, and any other QB put behind it. THE WALMART DISCOUNT O LINE NEEDS FIRED AND REPLACED.  I can see keeping Williams to go with Sewell and that is a good start at Tackles, but the horse manure guards and center need replaced also. 

The Bengals have had one of the worst O Lines in the history of NFL from 2017 to 2020. Stop going Walmart Cheap on O Line. SEWELL is the clear choice here in Round One, forget your other wish lists. This O Line needs fixed and NOW for 2021.

Again I say, if Bengals don't fix this O Line, Burrow should demand to be traded. Playing for the sorry Bengals is going to turn a great career into a short Greg Cook career. Burrow should refuse to play another game here if they do not bring in top blockers like Sewell.

In 1980s Bengals went to 2 Super Bowls. 2 different QBs. 2 different coaches. 2 different defenses. 2 different sets of RBs. 2 different sets of WR's. ...but Anthony Munoz led O Line both times.....Look back on the Bengals draft picks of 1980's. O Line. They built a Super Bowl O Line. I'm sure most of you never saw it. In the 1980's The Bengals won due to their O Line. Some games so dominate, Wyche would send in a pass play and Boomer kept calling running plays because Munoz O Line was running the ball at will. ....These sad sacks left over from 2020 need FIRED, except for Williams and add Sewell.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You didn't even come close to answering my question. 

While I agree with your sentiment that we don't need him if we cover it in free agency, I would like to throw an answer to the specific scenario you have illustrated:  take Sewell because we signed a RT, not a LT.  I am not convinced that Williams is the answer at LT.  In other words, my opinion is to sign a RT and take Sewell IF he is available.  Williams can be groomed to play the right side and become tackle off the bench.  Sign a proven RT AND LT in FA, then it should be all about WR or the TE from Florida.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 11:11 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: While I agree with your sentiment that we don't need him if we cover it in free agency, I would like to throw an answer to the specific scenario you have illustrated:  take Sewell because we signed a RT, not a LT.  I am not convinced that Williams is the answer at LT.  In other words, my opinion is to sign a RT and take Sewell IF he is available.  Williams can be groomed to play the right side and become tackle off the bench.  Sign a proven RT AND LT in FA, then it should be all about WR or the TE from Florida.

Really?

Guy played over 600 snaps this year and had 2 penalties and gave up 3 sacks. That’s his first real season. He can and will get better.

None of that makes any sense. If they pick Sewell, that means they did not find a RT in FA. They get that, they need at least 1 guard and a better center.

Man I love Sewell. He has tremendous upside. But right now they need more help on the right side than left, and it’s possible it get addressed in FA.
Reply/Quote
Unless you’re talking solely about durability concerns I don’t understand how anyone is not sold on Jonah.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:21 AM)kevin Wrote: If you don't think Munoz or Montoya or Willie Anderson or Whitworth moved the ball down the field, then you know nothing about football.   

If we can add Sewell to Williams at Tackles, it's the pick.  You plug the Big Samoan Outland Trophy Winner in there in hopes Burrow doesn't end up like GREG COOK. 

You're still ignoring my question. 

If they sign Taylor Moton and Joe Thuney, why would they pick MORE oline early in the draft?

Reply/Quote