Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PENEI SEWELL IF THERE
I don't see how some people can be so confident and bullish on a player they know little about.

Guy looks like a beast so I hope you don't draft him. But we haven't seen Sewell play football in a year and he doesn't have a big body of work to begin with. Just admit there is a huge unknown. Hopefully the Bengals do their homework and know what he's been doing and how he looks now. A lot can change when you're that young.

I think it would be smart for the Bengals to address the Oline hard in free agency and not pigeon-hole themselves in the draft. If Sewell has been developing and as good as some people think he is, there's a good chance he won't be there at 5 anyway. You always want to fill as many holes as you can before hand so you can draft more based on BPA.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 02:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This isn't rocket surgery. It's real simple.

If you get a guard in FA but no tackle and Sewell is there, take him.
If you get a tackle in FA but no guard, then there's a question.
If you get a tackle and a guard in FA, you can pass on him and go skill position.

You nailed it and why I think lots of debate not only by us, but also coaches and FO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 08:47 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I don't see how some people can be so confident and bullish on a player they know little about.

Guy looks like a beast so I hope you don't draft him. But we haven't seen Sewell play football in a year and he doesn't have a big body of work to begin with. Just admit there is a huge unknown. Hopefully the Bengals do their homework and know what he's been doing and how he looks now. A lot can change when you're that young.

I think it would be smart for the Bengals to address the Oline hard in free agency and not pigeon-hole themselves in the draft. If Sewell has been developing and as good as some people think he is, there's a good chance he won't be there at 5 anyway. You always want to fill as many holes as you can before hand so you can draft more based on BPA.

Some of us know that. Unfortunately once someone throws out the name of a Bengal great or a player they have the feels for around here he’s guaranteed to be the best player at that position or some super hidden gem no one has ever heard of.

I really hope they figure out tge line in FA somehow. Drafting for need means you might miss out in some better player.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 08:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually it is more simple you draft a player considered more transitional at their position than Burrow when we drafted him regardless of the rental Oline FAs you sign in and that is draft Sewell if available. 

Confucius says those who wait for next Munoz (possibly) to fall in their lap when 4 teams drafting ahead of them may be very disappointed. 

Confucius says build the OL during FA and so #5 pick or a trade back pick to as high as 12 can be BPA regardless of position.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If we stay at #5, I want Sewell or Pitts. Both are possible dominant players at their positions. Either can make an immediate impact for the offense.
Reply/Quote
Sewell didn't play in the SEC. sorry but we're you're a top 5 pick you need to be a sure thing. Sewell is 20 years old and hasn't played any real competition.

I know how good he is but it's not like he's a perfect prospect.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 02:26 AM)Weazzel80 Wrote: Sewell didn't play in the SEC. sorry but we're you're a top 5 pick you need to be a sure thing. Sewell is 20 years old and hasn't played any real competition.

I know how good he is but it's not like he's a perfect prospect.

There is no such thing as a “perfect prospect.”

Was Khalil Mack not worth a top 5 pick? What about Eric Fisher? They didn’t even come from power 5 schools. Anyway, this notion that the Pac 12 is total garbage is just not true. They had the 3rd most players drafted last year of any conference.

Reply/Quote