Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PESD
I think the POTUS suffers from it.

[Image: 18077446_1840873129497116_73663779750583...e=59B7B5B2]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
"PESD" was created because it was too difficult for all the Trump followers to type out "fake news" everytime they wanted to respond to something without mentioning any facts at all.

And the training is working perfectly.  I don't think you can find a single post on this board that mentions PESD that also contains some mention of the facts of the discussion.  

To paraphrase Trump describing his followers during the campaign..."I could shoot someone in the middle of the street and if anyone complained my followers would just squeal PESD!!!!!"
I turned on the live stream of his post health care vote presser and the first thing I heard out of Trump's mouth was "and Hillary Clinton tried...".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-04-2017, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "PESD" was created because it was too difficult for all the Trump followers to type out "fake news" everytime they wanted to respond to something without mentioning any facts at all.

And the training is working perfectly.  I don't think you can find a single post on this board that mentions PESD that also contains some mention of the facts of the discussion.  

To paraphrase Trump describing his followers during the campaign..."I could shoot someone in the middle of the street and if anyone complained my followers would just squeal PESD!!!!!"

PESD was experienced the moment Trump went over 270 Electoral votes; as crisis centers were established and student were encourage to attend support group and being excused from class. It continues to rear its ugly head when people harp on the popular vote, blame Russia for Hillary losing, and pointing to the wrong size pieces of paper in folders.

The point is not whether what triggers a PESD sufferer is true or not; it is why does it trigger them.

There's a current thread on here about Trump saying "I don't stand by anything" when having a heated discussion with a journalist. Did he say them? Yes. Did those that jumped all over them attempt to understand the context in which they were uttered? No. Has anyone here that where triggered by Trump's words  given there opinion on another more public PESD sufferer throwing out homophobic phrases when trying to condemn Trump for these words? No.

I do appreciate that you guys have established your own little PESD support group. I hope you guys can work it out.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-04-2017, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is not whether what triggers a PESD sufferer is true or not; it is why does it trigger them.

You're on a plane on a runway taking off. The plane keeps wobbling an bumping like no plane you've been on before.
Passengers up front say the pilot has never piloted a plane before. They are fearful.
People at the back of the plane tell them, "Chill out. You just don't like the pilot."

Whether the pilot has flown before is not the point? The real question is why people freak out at the thought of crashing?.  If they liked the pilot there would be no problem?
(05-04-2017, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: PESD was experienced the moment Trump went over 270 Electoral votes; as crisis centers were established and student were encourage to attend support group and being excused from class. It continues to rear its ugly head when people harp on the popular vote, blame Russia for Hillary losing, and pointing to the wrong size pieces of paper in folders.

The point is not whether what triggers a PESD sufferer is true or not; it is why does it trigger them.

There's a current thread on here about Trump saying "I don't stand by anything" when having a heated discussion with a journalist. Did he say them? Yes. Did those that jumped all over them attempt to understand the context in which they were uttered? No. Has anyone here that where triggered by Trump's words  given there opinion on another more public PESD sufferer throwing out homophobic phrases when trying to condemn Trump for these words? No.

I do appreciate that you guys have established your own little PESD support group. I hope you guys can work it out.

I didn't realize writing three words, "No shit, Sherlock," about Trump's quote meant I "jumped all over them" and would trigger an overreaction out of proportion to my original comment like a tiny little snowflake creating an emotional avalanche of angst which has now spilled over into another thread. You act as if you're pissed or PESD off about events since the election.
(05-04-2017, 08:25 PM)Dill Wrote: You're on a plane on a runway taking off. The plane keeps wobbling an bumping like no plane you've been on before.
Passengers up front say the pilot has never piloted a plane before. They are fearful.
People at the back of the plane tell them, "Chill out. You just don't like the pilot."

Whether the pilot has flown before is not the point? The real question is why people freak out at the thought of crashing?.  If they liked the pilot there would be no problem?

I'd probably tell those folks freaking out about crashing is that the Pilot is not the only one onboard capable of flying the plane. Hell. I might even slap one or two getting hystarical screaming "we're gonna crash" even before we take off.

(05-04-2017, 08:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You act as if you're pissed or PESD off about events since the election.

No doubt. Just hit the back arrow and look at all the threads I have created because I'm so pissed off. It is worse than I thought. I did not realize the sufferer often suffers from an alternate reality.

(05-04-2017, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Just hit the back arrow and look at all the threads I have created because I'm so pissed off. It is worse than I thought. I did not realize the sufferer often suffers from an alternate reality.

No doubt. Look at all the threads you've been triggered in. If you're PESD by PESD you're still PESD.
Just a warning: PESD can get you in trouble if you cannot control it:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fcc-to-investigate-take-appropriate-action-on-colbert%E2%80%99s-trump-rant/ar-BBAN3MZ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Quote:Late night talk show host and PESD sufferer Stephen Colbert's controversial joke about President Trump drew the attention of the Federal Communications Commission. The agency received "a number" of complaints about Colbert's commentary earlier in the week, according to the FCC's chief.
FCC Chairman Ajit Pai promised to "take the appropriate action" following a comprehensive investigation of Colbert's remarks.

I'm surprised no one here has spoken out about these homophobic remarks yet:

Quote:"The only thing your mouth is good at is being Vladimir Putin's c**k holster,"

Perhaps we're OK with this.

(05-05-2017, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just a warning: PESD can get you in trouble if you cannot control it:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fcc-to-investigate-take-appropriate-action-on-colbert%E2%80%99s-trump-rant/ar-BBAN3MZ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

I surprised Trump (non) supporters can type the word "homophobic" without their fingers catching fire.   Cool
(05-05-2017, 10:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: I surprised Trump (non) supporters can type the word "homophobic" without their fingers catching fire.   Cool

Didn't think you were a fan of personal insults. Someone alert a mod.

(05-05-2017, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just a warning: PESD can get you in trouble if you cannot control it:

Insulting, yes. Homophobic? Explain.
(05-05-2017, 10:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Insulting, yes. Homophobic? Explain.

You have just answered your own question and shown yourself to be homophobic in one fell swoop. Perhaps someone else can explain to you how.

(05-05-2017, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have just answered your own question and shown yourself to be homophobic in one fell swoop. Perhaps someone else can explain to you how.

You could have saved yourself a lot of hunting and pecking by just admitting you couldn't answer my question.

Colbert endorsed Trump's "c**k" sucking skills while insulting Trump as a Putin puppet.

What part of the joke did you think was insulting?
(05-06-2017, 12:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You could have saved yourself a lot of hunting and pecking by just admitting you couldn't answer my question.

Colbert endorsed Trump's "c**k" sucking skills while insulting Trump as a Putin puppet.

What part of the joke did you think was insulting?

I didn't say it was insulting; you did. I said it was homophobic. So you are asking me what part of the joke I found insulting that I did not call insulting; however, you did?

I'll give those that are usually quick to chime in on these matters  little longer to explain why Colbert's comments and your assessment of them were homophobic.

Hopefully I have not overestimated them.

(05-06-2017, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't say it was insulting; you did. I said it was homophobic. So you are asking me what part of the joke I found insulting that I did not call insulting; however, you did?

I'll give those that are usually quick to chime in on these matters  little longer to explain why Colbert's comments and your assessment of them were homophobic.

Hopefully I have not overestimated them.

Is this another one of those "gotcha" questions?   Cool

Where someone steps in and tries to explain the nuances of the difference between a group (conservatives) who postulate that gay marriage will destroy the entire institution of marriage or that the gays have an "agenda" to take rights away from Christians, etc versus one guy calling the POTUS a c**k sucker?

Then the poster who "called out" the defenders of the gays brags at how they got them to post and continues an argument that has NOTHING to do with the OP until the thread gets closed?

"Gotcha" indeed.
(05-06-2017, 09:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is this another one of those "gotcha" questions?   Cool

Where someone steps in and tries to explain the nuances of the difference between a group (conservatives) who postulate that gay marriage will destroy the entire institution of marriage or that the gays have an "agenda" to take rights away from Christians, etc versus one guy calling the POTUS a c**k sucker?

Then the poster who "called out" the defenders of the gays brags at how they got them to post and continues an argument that has NOTHING to do with the OP until the thread gets closed?

"Gotcha" indeed.

Either all that or someone could explain to Breech why Colbert's comments and Breech's assessment of it as simply an insult are both homophobic.

How about you, Do you find them to be homophobic (nuanced or otherwise)? I don't see that as a "gotcha" but whatever.

...and of course it's about the OP. It is trying to illustrate the effects of PESD. One effect could be folks excuse homophobic remarks by the like minded.

(05-04-2017, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   I don't think you can find a single post on this board that mentions PESD that also contains some mention of the facts of the discussion.  

And the streak continues.

"No need to ever look at the facts regarding criticism of Trump.  Just blame it on PESD.  Anyone who ever questions anything Trump ever does has to be suffering from a mental disorder.  That is the only possible explanation.  Even if Trump shoot someone in the mioddle of the street we all have to support him and accuse any detractors of being mentally unstable.  And above all else NEVER talk about the facts. NEVER discuss the criticism.  Just keep repeating that the only people who can disagree with Trump are the ones suffering from a mental disorder." 
(05-06-2017, 09:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is this another one of those "gotcha" questions?   Cool

"Gotcha" indeed.

(05-06-2017, 09:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Either all that or someone could explain to Breech why Colbert's comments and Breech's assessment of it as simply an insult are both homophobic.

How about you, Do you find them to be homophobic (nuanced or otherwise)? I don't see that as a "gotcha" but whatever.

...and of course it's about the OP. It is trying to illustrate the effects of PESD. One effect could be folks excuse homophobic remarks by the like minded.

I do not find calling someone a c**k sucker homophobic.  Clear enough?

I am amazed at how triggered some snowflakes have become about this though! It's almost like they don't really care but they want to make a big deal because it's about a President that they (don't) support and they can't admit they have a tic that makes them defend him while accusing others of being obsessed.

Weird.