Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF#2: The Perfect Oline
(09-21-2015, 11:33 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Thanks for posting.  These are always good reads.  Do you have a summary of how they are graded?

How does Hill only have a -0.7?  He had 39 yards and 2 fumbles.  That seems like it should be a lot lower.  

Side Notes:
1) What is the ruling on fumbles for RB?  On that 2nd fumble, it was a pitch and he never had possession.  Doesn't it get charged to the last person who had possession, aka Dalton?  ESPN is showing him with 2 fumbles.  It was obviously Hill's fault but I don't the official score keeping rules.

2) King Dunlap is the largest man I have ever seen.  I was at the game and 2 rows from the field.  He dwarfed everyone else.

Like this : 

[Image: ByQg3MyIUAAR8aN.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Whether or not his knee was down is irrelevant. His forward progress had been long stopped. 

unfortunately, it's subjective.
As long only his hands or feet have touched the ground, then the runner may still advance while in the grasp of a defender, wasn't there only 1 defender holding on to him? That is why I said, he needs to go down faster, Hill likes to fight it out for more yards. Last person that always fought for extra yards and it resulted in a few fumbles as a Bengal was not well liked by the fan base.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: other than that play Dalton got Rocked (almost a fumble but incomplete pass)

I dont even remember seeing Dalton get hit.

One of their corners got to him once, but it was after he'd already completed the pass. But yeah, the OLine is really playing well. (knock on wood.)
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: other than that play Dalton got Rocked (almost a fumble but incomplete pass)

He took a knee to the head on his designed run.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

He was almost sacked a couple of times last game, but got the ball out before he got hit. The OL looked great the last few games, but we will see what it can do in weeks 4-6 when we face really good pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great, great stuff, Truck.  Thank you so much for your efforts.

I was curious about Dalton's rank.  I thought he made great decisions throughout the game, even on busted plays.  The ball that AJ was held on MIGHT have been catchable if not for the hold, but it was a bit over the sideline...other than that, I thought he was borderline perfect.  He doesn't light up the stat sheet, but he hasn't been forcing the ball, either.

If i had to guess, i'd say the thing that's keeping Dalton's score in check is his overthrows on the passes over 20 yds. He's missed a few in 2 games, but otherwise has been very good.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
What did Maualuga get? I thought he would get a big negative. He whiffed on a ton of tackles by always taking a bad angle. Looked like old Mau out there.. maybe drinking before the game again Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If i had to guess, i'd say the thing that's keeping Dalton's score in check is his overthrows on the passes over 20 yds. He's missed a few in 2 games, but otherwise has been very good.

Unlike the past though, his misses are uncatchable. He used to throw it inside and deep, which was risky, now its outside and deep so not a huge deal if they miss the play. Still... a little more touch on a few passes and he would have had some huge TDs
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Unlike the past though, his misses are uncatchable. He used to throw it inside and deep, which was risky, now its outside and deep so not a huge deal if they miss the play. Still... a little more touch on a few passes and he would have had some huge TDs

Yep. I've noticed his misses have been long too. That's why i've not been too upset about them. Better to miss long than throw short and risk an int. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Getting rid of the ball quickly is one of the things Dalton does very well.  I believe he is right there with Peyton Manning with timing of release.  This is very important for good O-line stats - they help each other out in this area.  AD has always done pretty well with a clean pocket.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:03 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Damn I thought Geno was gonna get a lot higher. It seemed like he disrupted 50% of the Chargers plays.

5.1 ain't bad tho

What did they say about our beloved Andy Dalton?

You thought he'd be higher?  He already got the best score on the team....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:47 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You thought he'd be higher?  He already got the best score on the team....

Considering what he did, he should have been higher based on what PFF gives other players for similar games
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Unlike the past though, his misses are uncatchable. He used to throw it inside and deep, which was risky, now its outside and deep so not a huge deal if they miss the play. Still... a little more touch on a few passes and he would have had some huge TDs

some of those i think are basically throwaways where hes putting them high and near a WR but out of bounds with no risk of int.....
Reply/Quote
Easly Bodine's best game. Hope he has more similar games.

Also with Nelson it doesn't surprise me. Gave zero help on that TD and was in zone coverage. You can't let a good team do that to you.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Considering what he did, he should have been higher based on what PFF gives other players for similar games

well his QB Rating has been good... What was that other one that ESPN made up... i cant even remember what it is called.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well his QB Rating has been good...  What was that other one that ESPN made up... i cant even remember what it is called.

Yeah his efficiency, and TDs have been good. I think Dalton has been playing very well so far this season. I think against the Ravens he will have his first +300 yard game of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well his QB Rating has been good...  What was that other one that ESPN made up... i cant even remember what it is called.

Huh? That's about Geno
Reply/Quote
I'll have to give credit when credit is due. I have been hating on this line for a long time. They have been tremendous the past two weeks. If they continue this impressive streak, then the sky is the limit for this offense and team. I do want connect some facts that I see some fail to connect. Isn't interesting how well Dalton has played at the same time the line has played? I wonder if Dalton's play last year was a reflection of the poor o-line play. I do believe the play of Dalton and the play of the o line correlate extremely well. Let's hope they can keep it up with Baltimore, KC, and Seattle next up for this team. Let's win them all!
Reply/Quote
PFF has the Bengals offense #1 and Defense #6 after 2 weeks
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 04:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah his efficiency, and TDs have been good. I think Dalton has been playing very well so far this season. I think against the Ravens he will have his first +300 yard game of the season.

while i know its a passing league one thing i have been happy with the bengals in daltons era more so than palmers... Is usually any time palmer had +300 we lost lol... not so much in the dalton era.
Reply/Quote