Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF#2: The Perfect Oline
(09-21-2015, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: PFF has the Bengals offense #1 and Defense #6 after 2 weeks

Silly, really.

Better than Brady against the best D in their own stadium? And Eifert better than Gronk? Oh, PFF.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: PFF has the Bengals offense #1 and Defense #6 after 2 weeks

Well that sounds like a set up to me
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 04:50 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Silly,  really.

Better than Brady against the best D in their own stadium?   And Eifert better than Gronk?  Oh, PFF.

Buffalo has the best D? They're a great defense, but I wouldn't say they're the best.
Reply/Quote
The laughable ESPN stat was QBR. Among it's exploits it rated Terrell Pryor higher than Drew Brees and Tim Tebow higher than Aaron Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
I thought they graded Hewitt tough against the Raiders but he had his worse game I can remember yesterday. Hope he gets back to how he was playing last season. Peko was wiffing too while in at FB.

I'll have to rewatch but Andy seemed better than his score.

Oline not only isn't allowing sacks but the pockets are as big and clean as I've seen on a Bengals squad in a long time.

Pac and Dre K are playing tough. Dre K saved two TD's with his effor and tackling
Reply/Quote
I have never seen the entire O-line all be the best the same week.

Makes me think the coaches must have found some scheme advantage that made them all look better.

Whatever it is I am glad to see it.

Oh wait. I forgot. I don't trust PFF ratings.

Damn.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Buffalo has the best D? They're a great defense, but I wouldn't say they're the best.

To be fair it's way better than the Chargers and Raiders combined.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Whether or not his knee was down is irrelevant. His forward progress had been long stopped
Yes, but no whistle so it was legit. Sad but legit. Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:33 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: To be fair it's way better than the Chargers and Raiders combined.

They are better than the Chargers, but don't act like the Chargers don't have a good defense. They were in the top 10 last year, and they were 4th against the pass. The Chargers probably has a better secondary than the Bills, but the Bill have a MUCH better DL than the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:51 PM)Derrick Wrote: Yes, but no whistle so it was legit. Sad but legit. Sad

His leg hit the ground. You can clearly see his leg hitting the ground from one of the camera angles. They just played a super close camera angle most of the time, and you couldn't see his knee. When they showed a camera angle that was farther away you could easily tell he was down. The refs tried to screw us over that game.
Reply/Quote

WTH? Where are you guys seeing these stats? From what i see, the site has been completely overhauled and i can't find anywhere where they have the stats like they used to. 

What...the...****?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WTH? Where are you guys seeing these stats? From what i see, the site has been completely overhauled and i can't find anywhere where they have the stats like they used to. 

What...the...****?

They are doing away with traditional PFF grades and essentially giving out their madden rankings
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They are doing away with traditional PFF grades and essentially giving out their madden rankings

Yeah. I sent them a nice little email about what i thought of their "new" site. 

I think it hurt their feelings. 

I couldn't really care less about their grades. I just want all the raw stats back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. I sent them a nice little email about what i thought of their "new" site. 

I think it hurt their feelings. 

I couldn't really care less about their grades. I just want all the raw stats back. 

Yep. The place has no value to me now. My membership is ending soon and I won't be renewing
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yep. The place has no value to me now. My membership is ending soon and I won't be renewing

I went back for the first time in a couple months, gave it a glance, thought "hmm. looks new". Then when i clicked on Premium Stats it took me to the subscribe page. I knew my subscription was up from last year so i got the ole credit card out and click click click. Threw 30 bucks away. 

Then i started looking around and realized Premium Stats are no longer offered and the site had turned super assey. 

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: His leg hit the ground. You can clearly see his leg hitting the ground from one of the camera angles. They just played a super close camera angle most of the time, and you couldn't see his knee. When they showed a camera angle that was farther away you could easily tell he was down. The refs tried to screw us over that game.

Does anyone have video of this supposed bad call? I'd like to check it out for myself.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Does anyone have video of this supposed bad call? I'd like to check it out for myself.

No. But his leg did go down farther just as the ball was coming out. It was ruled a fumble and there was no conclusive evidence that it was down, but it looked like it wasn't quite down before the ball came out.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. But his leg did go down farther just as the ball was coming out. It was ruled a fumble and there was no conclusive evidence that it was down, but it looked like it wasn't quite down before the ball came out.

I remember the play, I just don't remember seeing anything about his knee being down.  Sometimes, I look away from the screen and miss things though.  From what I remember, the ball was clearly out before his knee was down. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
For anyone who is interested in ESPN's QBR, Dalton had a 90.0 (5th best) against the Raiders and a 67.8 against the Chargers (14th).

Dalton currently sports the 5th best passer rating and ESPN QBR in the NFL.

I'm still trying to figure out why Dalton was rated sooo much lower in the Chargers game. I get that he wasn't quite as sharp, but he was still fantastic.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Geno's number was WAY too low. The guy has so much penetration, nearly on every play and then had several penalties because of him. I was expecting at least a +7! Oh well!

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote