Hits Allowed = 0
Total Pressures Allowed = 1
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 100 snaps played (71 passing snaps)

Williams:
Overall = 62.5
Pass Block = 63.6
Run Block = 56.5
Penalties = 0
Sacks Allowed = 2
Hits Allowed = 1
Total Pressures Allowed = 7

Volson:
Overall = 54.2
Pass Block = 44.3
Run Block = 64.7
Penalties = 1
Sacks Allowed = 2
Hits Allowed = 2
Total Pressures Allowed = 7

Karras:
Overall = 68.0
Pass Block = 76.5
Run Block = 63.0
Penalties = 0
Sacks Allowed = 0
Hits Allowed = 0
Total Pressures Allowed = 0

Cappa:
Overall = 69.3
Pass Block = 72.7
Run Block = 64.2
Penalties = 0
Sacks Allowed = 0
Hits Allowed = 1
Total Pressures Allowed = 3

Collins:
Overall = 58.6
Pass Block = 57.7
Run Block = 55.7
Penalties = 0
Sacks Allowed = 0
Hits Allowed = 0
Total Pressures Allowed = 1

About what I expected, though I figured Volson to grade way lower than that. I thought Karras and Cappa were decent for their first action, and that backs it up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I didn’t think Collins was terrible for the most part. Saw a couple of bad plays. The Watt int wouldn’t have happened if he had his hands on Watt to block him. Seemed like he got better as the game went on and he shook some of the rust off though. Just need the left side to grow up. Williams was my biggest disappointment, but as Volson improves it’ll help Williams.
Reply/Quote
PFF sure does love them some Jonah Williams. I think those grades for him are extremely generous. You’d think 2 sacks and 7 pressures would result in a much lower grade.

Reply/Quote
I believe those are lows scores for a top end right tackle in Collins from what ive read for PFF...but he did well in no sacks and lack of pressures
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: PFF sure does love them some Jonah Williams. I think those grades for him are extremely generous. You’d think 2 sacks and 7 pressures would result in a much lower grade.

I'm assuming they saw certain good things with Jonah outside of those pressures to warrant a better grade.
On the flip side, I'm assuming they saw some bad things with Collins that didn't necessarily result in a pressure to warrant the lower grade.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Also, Karras and Cappa’s numbers are very impressive considering the number of snaps (100), and the DL that they were going against.

Reply/Quote
I like PFF but always felt that for OL they are just flawed and inconsistent. They have no clue on assignments etc.
Reply/Quote
Left side, as many have predicted, looks to be a glaring problem this season already.

Curious as to how we attempt to fix that. I'm all for being patient with Volson, but I can't imagine Scharping, a guy who has started many games, is currently worse than Volson.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm assuming they saw certain good things with Jonah outside of those pressures to warrant a better grade.
On the flip side, I'm assuming they saw some bad things with Collins that didn't necessarily result in a pressure to warrant the lower grade.

I’ve seen some people online breaking down the tape claim that Collins got better as the game went on, which would definitely point to rust from being limited in TC.

It wasn’t just Watt going out either, as I believe that was towards the very end of the 4th quarter.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I didn’t think Collins was terrible for the most part. Saw a couple of bad plays. The Watt int wouldn’t have happened if he had his hands on Watt to block him. Seemed like he got better as the game went on and he shook some of the rust off though. Just need the left side to grow up. Williams was my biggest disappointment, but as Volson improves it’ll help Williams.

His (Collins) misses were awful and his wins were nice. There were very few ho hum reps. He put Watt on the ground a couple times in run blocking reps. As for the Watt Interception, that was just a great play by Watt as Collins has to take his pass protection set and Watt never engaged so in that case Collins can't just charge him and so in that instance Burrow almost has to treat him like a Spy and account for him. 
Reply/Quote
Everyone graded higher than a 54 overall how many times was this true last season? I thought the line looked better than the stats indicated.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: About what I expected, though I figured Volson to grade way lower than that. I thought Karras and Cappa were decent for their first action, and that backs it up.

Williams and Volson are credited together with 4 sacks, 3 hits and 14 pressures.

The other three on the line (Karras, Cappa, and Collins) together had 0 sacks, 1 hit, and 4 pressures. 

I think we might have found a place for opposing teams to exploit.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Everyone graded higher than a 54 overall how many times was this true last season? I thought the line looked better than the stats indicated.

I’m guessing 0?

Reply/Quote
Hoping this Line Gels at somepoint this season...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: Williams and Volson are credited together with 4 sacks, 3 hits and 14 pressures.

The other three on the line (Karras, Cappa, and Collins) together had 0 sacks, 1 hit, and 4 pressures. 

For sure. Gotta figure out something there, and fast.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: Williams and Volson are credited together with 4 sacks, 3 hits and 14 pressures.

Yeah those stats are a little one-sided...it was clear enough watching the game too.

We're talent deficient on that side of the line, but in all theory this group should improve as the season goes on. More game time as a line will only help.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:08 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah those stats are a little one-sided...it was clear enough watching the game too.

We're talent deficient on that side of the line, but in all theory this group should improve as the season goes on. More game time as a line will only help.

100 snaps too. That's A LOT of snaps.
Reply/Quote

Gotta wonder too if Williams would have been better if not having to worry about the guy to his right.

Maybe it's worth trying Scharping at LG soon if Volson has another dud or two and not wanting to put Carman out there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Everyone graded higher than a 54 overall how many times was this true last season? I thought the line looked better than the stats indicated.

If our bar is last year we are in trouble,  but if we do that, we had more sacks on avg than last year that is not good
Reply/Quote