Collins:
Overall = 64.8
PB = 27.3
RB = 95.1
Sacks = 1
Hits = 2
Hurries = 2
Penalties = 1

Collins was the worst pass blocker, followed by Williams.
Williams was the worst run blocker, followed by Volson.
Team having much better success running right vs left.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quite the mixed bag.
Reply/Quote
why attack Volson when the tackles cant pass block for shit?
Reply/Quote
Looks like PFF agreed with most other sources also on the sacks - 3 on the line 3 on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: why attack Volson when the tackles cant pass block for shit?

Dallas has players on the Edge and their DT's are mediocre.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: why attack Volson when the tackles cant block for shit?

That sure seemed to be the strategy, eh?
Lawrence, Fowler, and Parsons were having a field day.

With that said, the Cowboys also don't really have any IDL worth a damn, so there probably wasn't much to try to attack Volson anyway.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Williams:
Overall = 45.9
Pass Block (PB) = 51.6
Run Block (RB) = 37.9
Sacks = 1
Hits = 1
Hurries = 1
Penalties = 0

Volson:
Overall = 66.8
PB = 87.6
RB = 55.4
Sacks = 0
Hits = 0
Hurries = 0
Penalties = 0

Karras:
Overall = 68.4
PB = 70.1
RB = 73.5
Sacks = 0
Hits = 0
Hurries = 3
Penalties = 1

Cappa:
Overall = 67.8
PB = 63.7
RB = 75.0
Sacks = 1
Hits = 0
Hurries = 0
Penalties = 1

Collins:
Overall = 64.8
PB = 27.3
RB = 95.1
Sacks = 1
Hits = 2
Hurries = 2
Penalties = 1

Collins was the worst pass blocker, followed by Williams.
Williams was the worst run blocker, followed by Volson.
Team having much better success running right vs left.

Well, looks like Volson is getting much better in pass protection, that is a good thing as Marv would say.

Saw La'el getting beat by Parsons a few times on Gameday before Parsons looked to get hurt. Kind of understandable.

Parsons is the type that would give La'el lots of trouble but La'el is a great run blocker against these types.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That sure seemed to be the strategy, eh?
Lawrence, Fowler, and Parsons were having a field day.

With that said, the Cowboys also don't really have any IDL worth a damn, so there probably wasn't much to try to attack Volson anyway.

Right this actually makes me feel a bit better that Volson may only be a liability against elite interiors. In terms of Collins he also has had a run of elite rushers, but he still is not great (some of it seems to be communication for him still). My actual biggest concern right now is Jonah, he hasn't been good against anyone and that is scary.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right this actually makes me feel a bit better that Volson may only be a liability against elite interiors. In terms of Collins he also has had a run of elite rushers, but he still is not great (some of it seems to be communication for him still). My actual biggest concern right now is Jonah, he hasn't been good against anyone and that is scary.

Agreed.

I was least concerned with Williams going into the season.
He's been a pretty solid pass protector the past couple years.

I haven't watched close enough to see if he's changed up something to make himself less effective, if he's having a more difficult time with Volson next to him compared to Spain, or what.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed.

I was least concerned with Williams going into the season.
He's been a pretty solid pass protector the past couple years.

I haven't watched close enough to see if he's changed up something to make himself less effective, if he's having a more difficult time with Volson next to him compared to Spain, or what.

Both tackles have done really bad at getting sold the rusher is going to run the arc and then hitting a move back to the inside. I think that is one reason Burrow has looked SO uncomfortable in the pocket. When you get beat around the arc the QB can step up and the slide left or right back under the tackle. When you get beat wide then inside the rusher comes free with a direct line and it forces the QB to try and go back and over the tackle which often times results in the QB running into the tackle. We have seen that second one play out quite a few times the last two weeks. 

I think it's time to tell the tackles to slow play the arc and at least give Burrow a chance to slide up because getting beat so bad inside is essentially a game ender. 
Reply/Quote
Did we try running directly at Parsons much? It seems with how quickly he gets upfield it could create some areas to attack.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Both tackles have done really bad at getting sold the rusher is going to run the arc and then hitting a move back to the inside. I think that is one reason Burrow has looked SO uncomfortable in the pocket. When you get beat around the arc the QB can step up and the slide left or right back under the tackle. When you get beat wide then inside the rusher comes free with a direct line and it forces the QB to try and go back and over the tackle which often times results in the QB running into the tackle. We have seen that second one play out quite a few times the last two weeks. 

I think it's time to tell the tackles to slow play the arc and at least give Burrow a chance to slide up because getting beat so bad inside is essentially a game ender. 

Yep. You can still give the QB time if they have a pocket to step into.
They don't have that right now.
Everyone is coming right into Burrow and he's trying (having?) to make plays with his legs to compensate.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Jonah needs to improve desperately or else we are screwed!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. You can still give the QB time if they have a pocket to step into.
They don't have that right now.
Everyone is coming right into Burrow and he's trying (having?) to make plays with his legs to compensate.

Yea, there has been very little pocket formed over the last two weeks. The other thing will be one tackle gets beat wide on the same play the other gets beat inside which basically cuts him down in half as he can't slide up or over. It really is a mess. I almost wonder if they shouldn't be adding some straight sprint out stuff to the playbook and just move everything in a way where they aren't setting a pocket at all really. 
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams is playing himself right out of a new contract.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, there has been very little pocket formed over the last two weeks. The other thing will be one tackle gets beat wide on the same play the other gets beat inside which basically cuts him down in half as he can't slide up or over. It really is a mess. I almost wonder if they shouldn't be adding some straight sprint out stuff to the playbook and just move everything in a way where they aren't setting a pocket at all really. 

That would require an expansion of the playbook.
Do we think Taylor is capable of that?
Hilarious

As one of the reporters said (can't recall if it was Rapien, Goodberry, or someone else), this offense becomes extremely predictable, even going back to previous years.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:00 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Jonah Williams is playing himself right out of a new contract.

I mean how the **** do we keep whiffing on these first round draft picks? Williams was almost a "can't miss" OL prospect. 

There is zero development going on with the Bengals and their picks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean how the **** do we keep whiffing on these first round draft picks? Williams was almost a "can't miss" OL prospect. 

There is zero development going on with the Bengals and their picks. 

It's not even whiffing on Williams, I don't think.
He played well the previous two seasons.

I think a lot has to do with the blocking assignments and being (too) worried about the green LG next to him. He seems to be trying to do too much and/or thinking too much.

Williams had always been a technically sound player who has the athleticism to mirror.
He was good with Spain next to him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right this actually makes me feel a bit better that Volson may only be a liability against elite interiors. In terms of Collins he also has had a run of elite rushers, but he still is not great (some of it seems to be communication for him still). My actual biggest concern right now is Jonah, he hasn't been good against anyone and that is scary.

This is what alarms me as well. I expected him to take another jump this year. It's been the opposite.

To the OP, some pretty terrible numbers mixed with decent, but Volson's grade is encouraging. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's not even whiffing on Williams, I don't think.
He played well the previous two seasons.

I think a lot has to do with the blocking assignments and being (too) worried about the green LG next to him. He seems to be trying to do too much and/or thinking too much.

Williams had always been a technically sound player who has the athleticism to mirror.
He was good with Spain next to him.

You may be right about worrying about the green LG. Something is definitely up, because he has been trending up ever since he started playing. Until last week.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote