Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Draft Grades
(04-28-2024, 12:01 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: Just think about this draft.

If Mims had more tape and experience he's probably a top 10-12 pick.
Jenkins could have went in the 30s and no one would have batted an eye.
Burton is a top 15 talent and the 4 best wr in this draft.
Jackson was the most talented nose available when they took him.
Newton was projected to be a late 1st or early 2nd by some going into last season.
The 2 te's were great values that help rebuild a room that has desperately needed it,
Matt Lee was projected as high as the 4th round at times during the draft process.

I just can't understand why fans wouldn't be loving this draft. Loaded with talent, upside and fills depth and needs.

Yep. It has potential.

That said, I'm not a fan of the If this happened, 1st Round pick. The reality is, those things didn't happen and it's hard to be a 1st Round pick.

Pro Bowl talent comes from different rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lee is actually a well above average athlete.

[Image: GHyPap0WIAA8kCd?format=jpg&name=large]

Edit: Damn, Eraserhead erasing posts. LOL

Posts? It was one dude. wtf ? LOL

Yeh,, I didn't word it the best. He's "athletic" but it doesn't always translate with his movement skills. He's also not as physically strong right now as you would like. But those are things he'll have time to work on. He'll be the backup and eventually become a starter. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep. He just doesn't have a jacked body.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 10:59 PM)CottonHill Wrote: That’s somewhat true but we most certainly were not a good team last year. Last place in the division. Also, the chiefs, lions, ravens, eagles all play plenty of rookies. They just draft the right ones and they are normally the obvious choices as opposed to trying to outsmart everyone.

LMAO Joe started like 5 games fully healthy. I hope there’s a DVD out of the season for you. I’ll get it for your birthday. Message Board genius there will be 4 starters out of this group at some point.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:42 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO Joe started like 5 games fully healthy. I hope there’s a DVD out of the season for you. I’ll get it for your birthday. Message Board genius there will be 4 starters out of this group at some point.

If we get 2-3 quality starters, it's a good draft.

I could see 4-5 of these guys starting one day. The quality part is tbd.
Reply/Quote
In my opinion, we had a very good draft! I liked 9 of the 10 picks and if that 1 player is over being injured and lives up to his billing then yeah for us!
In all honesty, I lost steam after we drafted Mims! The rest of the draft was just extra stuff.. B+ is about right.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: In my opinion, we had a very good draft! I liked 9 of the 10 picks and if that 1 player is over being injured and lives up to his billing then yeah for us!
In all honesty, I lost steam after we drafted Mims! The rest of the draft was just extra stuff.. B+ is about right.

This draft gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in my nether region. 3 thumbs up! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 01:01 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: This draft gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in my nether region. 3 thumbs up! ThumbsUp

You a dirty boy!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 01:03 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You a dirty boy!  Cool

Nah dude,, I cleaned up.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 01:05 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: Nah dude,, I cleaned up.  Ninja

I hope you threw that sock away.... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If we get 2-3 quality starters, it's a good draft.

I could see 4-5 of these guys starting one day. The quality part is tbd.

And Jackson will be a rotational guy and Mc!achlan too
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
We really crushed this draft. We needed to do some serious roster construction. And I think we did.

RT of the future and Trent Brown insurance. Fixed our need for long term RT.
A couple DTs that very well might be a future starting tandem. Fixed our DT depth.
Stole the top talent out of Alabama that won a national championship with Georgia and was the leading receiver on the team that also had McConkey and AD Mitchell. Fixed our need for more premier WR talent.
Added two guys that could be complete TEs. Fixed our TE depth.
Hendrickson threatens to retire so that threw a curveball. I really wanted a LB but DE became a higher priority so I’m not mad at adding a super athletic SEC pass rusher as an insurance policy late in the draft. Fixed our need for DE depth. On top of Trey being a buttface Sample and Ossai are free agents next year.
Two competitive versatile DBs that Lou loves. Fixing our DB depth.
A C that can keep the QB clean. Karras and Hill are free agents next year.

We had our starters pretty much locked and loaded heading into the draft. I’m 100% behind how they used the draft to try to build a team for prolonged success.
Reply/Quote
I've heard B+ being tossed around by various posters. That seems about right. A good draft but not excellent. Heck, if we get 2 starters out of this draft it would be great. Still excited about the UDFA pool.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 03:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

That’s lovely, especially because we only had 6 picks in the top 149.
Reply/Quote
This has been a really solid and focused off-season. You never get everything that you want... but everything pretty much makes sense.

Now let's have a healthy and happy training camp before week 1 and hopefully the contract sideshows disappear into the abyss.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 02:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We really crushed this draft. We needed to do some serious roster construction. And I think we did.

A couple DTs that very well might be a future starting tandem. Fixed our DT depth.
Stole the top talent out of Alabama that won a national championship with Georgia and was the leading receiver on the team that also had McConkey and AD Mitchell. Fixed our need for more premier WR talent.
Hendrickson threatens to retire so that threw a curveball. I really wanted a LB but DE became a higher priority so I’m not mad at adding a super athletic SEC pass rusher as an insurance policy late in the draft. Fixed our need for DE depth. On top of Trey being a buttface Sample and Ossai are free agents next year.

We had our starters pretty much locked and loaded heading into the draft. I’m 100% behind how they used the draft to try to build a team for prolonged success.

We had a good draft and I think we got some good players. Especially Mims. But we can’t just be like, oh Hendrickson might retire so don’t worry we addressed it with a 6th round DE. All good, bye Trey!

We used a 1st on Murphy and he can’t even replace what Hendrickson brings. I think the most we can say is we got a RT who can play if need to, due to injury. We got a couple DT that we needed, hopefully they can help stop the run. We got a couple TE- we’ll see but we needed to fill that position. We got a WR who should be starting #3. He should beat out Andrei and Jones. And the rest is a giant question mark, odds are they are all back ups or irrelevant in a couple years.

Every fan base thinks they got better after this weekend. And they did. But did they get better than their competitors?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 02:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We really crushed this draft. We needed to do some serious roster construction. And I think we did.

The Bengals 2024 draft was precise and exact and daring. . You had to be impressed. They also ventured out of their comfort zone. They gambled on Mims ( not many starts) they gambled on Burton ( immaturity signs) and All ( injuries). But Mims doesn’t have to start yet. Burton despite immaturity loves ball and the immaturity doesn’t affect his football effort. He’ll be mentored in his immaturity. All is just the most boom or bust of them all. He and Burton could both end up as steals of the draft.Throw out the peripheral stuff and focus just on football and both top 50 players in this draft.

I mentioned several times the Bengals are like a poker player that folds too early and at poker nights never loses too much or wins too much. When he’s got a great hand he goes for it but everybody folds because they know he’s got the goods. But not this time. I was impressed. They seemed to have run an impressive draft. Their exactness was impressive.

Reply/Quote
Realistically, barring injury, Burton might be the only guy we see much of this season.
Burton will be WR3/4 in the offense.

Jenkins (and likely Jackson) will be in the rotation this season, but that will limit snaps.

Mims won't see much time on the field in games at all as long as the Browns are healthy.

This was a draft primarily to develop for next year's departing guys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Realistically, barring injury, Burton might be the only guy we see much of this season.
Burton will be WR3/4 in the offense.

Jenkins (and likely Jackson) will be in the rotation this season, but that will limit snaps.

Mims won't see much time on the field in games at all as long as the Browns are healthy.

This was a draft primarily to develop for next year's departing guys.

I think this is the best objective synopsis I’ve seen. I think it’s a B not B-. But it has a potential to be much much better. https://atozsports.com/cincinnati/bengals-2024-nfl-draft-class-final-grades/

Reply/Quote