Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
PFF Grades (AFCCG)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Great. Thank you for posting this. Cincinnati native Hubbard had an outstanding game.
Reply/Quote
I’d be interested to see the chiefs too
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Hubbard had two sacks and damn near ended the game on that last sack as he forced a fumble on Patty.

I am so happy for that guy.  He and Hendrickson were relentless....that seems to be a weekly opinion on the two of them.  They just never stop coming after you.  

I think I heard that between the two of them they had 10 hits on the QB.  Outstanding and a big reason why they won the game.  
Reply/Quote
I do not subscribe to PFF, nor did I see the usual weekly tgread with our top 5 on offense & defense. Though I did see a top 5 overall.

PFF CIN Bengals (@PFF_Bengals) Tweeted:
Highest-graded #Bengals in the AFC Championship game (min. 25 snaps):

1️⃣ Sam Hubbard, EDGE- 80.4
2️⃣ Tee Higgins, WR- 79.1
3️⃣ Trey Hendrickson, EDGE- 78.1
4️⃣ B.J. Hill, DI- 75.4
5️⃣ Logan Wilson, LB- 73.4 https://t.co/Oz1MxHTmSC https://twitter.com/PFF_Bengals/status/1488158253276143619?s=20&t=28oRploPJzIFYE0_vHy-Lw

Passes the eye test to me. If anyone has more info, post away.
Reply/Quote
I have to think something screwy is going on at PFF and they still have not fixed it. They have our pass blocking score 15 points LOWER versus the Chiefs than it was versus the Titans. Riiiggghhhttt......
Reply/Quote
If any one has the OL grades, it would be good to see. Williams was in the top 5 on offense, but it would be good to see the others.
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins got mugged all game and still has the top offensive rating. Good to see.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: If any one has the OL grades, it would be good to see. Williams was in the top 5 on offense, but it would be good to see the others.

Something is pretty weird over there (total/pass block):

Trey: 59.9 / 75.3
Spain: 56.1 / 50.5
Prince: 56.0 / 51.4

Carman: 38.8 / 0.1
Adeniji: 29.6 / 1.8

Sorry but those grades are total horsecrap. The line gave up ONE sack and hits and pressures were not crazy either. Carman and Adeniji overall did their jobs but these kooky ratings make it look like they gave up sacks every snap. Consider PFF rated this line as a unit on pass blocking 15 point higher in the Titans game (9 sacks), where Adeniji gave up 5 sacks but got a 21.2 pass block rating. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:09 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’d be interested to see the chiefs too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
You know what rating is more important and why we are going to celebrate the superbowl finally? It ain't PFF. It's the ratings Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase and Evan McPherson will give the NFL on prime time TV.. end of story.. Last year it was the Tom Brady story. This year it's the JoeyB story and the improbable Bengals!  Who Dey
The reason we didn't win with Andy? One word..Blandy.. He never had a compelling story.. Now we have the single most compelling story the NFL has had for 30 years..Joe Freakin Burrow! Direct from NFL Cental Casting complete with a surgically repaired knee..The New 6 trillion dollar man!  Wink They had the technology to make him bigger, faster, stronger! I wouldn't be shocked if they gave him bionic eyes during knee surgery.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hubbard had two sacks and damn near ended the game on that last sack as he forced a fumble on Patty.

I am so happy for that guy.  He and Hendrickson were relentless....that seems to be a weekly opinion on the two of them.  They just never stop coming after you.  

I think I heard that between the two of them they had 10 hits on the QB.  Outstanding and a big reason why they won the game.  

those two both went off against KC, great job !
Reply/Quote
4 sacks, all in the 4th quarter . . . 3 of the 4 were on 3rd down.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:16 PM)pally Wrote:  

Seems like Hitchens has been in the league since the first Bush administration, lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Something is pretty weird over there (total/pass block):

Sorry but those grades are total horsecrap. The line gave up ONE sack and hits and pressures were not crazy either. Carman and Adeniji overall did their jobs but these kooky ratings make it look like they gave up sacks every snap. Consider PFF rated this line as a unit on pass blocking 15 point higher in the Titans game (9 sacks), where Adeniji gave up 5 sacks but got a 21.2 pass block rating. 
Jackson Carmen had some awful moments.

The play where Joe broke away from Chris Jones and ran for a first down? He just straight up blew by Carman
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:32 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jackson Carmen had some awful moments.

The play where Joe broke away from Chris Jones and ran for a first down? He just straight up blew by Carman

Also had some great moments. The 41 yard Perine TD…thanks to an incredible seal block by Carman.

Also Jessie Bates had an absolutely perfect pass break up on the INT in OT. There is a slow motion shot of his hand going through Tyreek’s hands and causing the deflection. Just a thing of beauty I keep replaying.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:32 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jackson Carmen had some awful moments.

Most snaps were not like that.

The point is that the PFF grades are proven here to be total nonsense. The line got a grade 15 points HIGHER for surrendering NINE sacks than they did for surrendering ONE. Adeniji himself was responsible for 5 sacks and got a 29.6 versus the Titans while against the Chiefs he surrendered one and his grade was a 1.8? Carman went from a 38.8 against the Titans to a 0.1? 

Stuff like this is why PFF has started to become a laughingstock.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hubbard had two sacks and damn near ended the game on that last sack as he forced a fumble on Patty.

I agree. Patty does not like to be hit. He gets rattled and then he poos the bed. They figured that out a few weeks before and applied the same formula in the second half last Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 01:08 AM)BengalB Wrote: I agree. Patty does not like to be hit. He gets rattled and then he poos the bed. They figured that out a few weeks before and applied the same formula in the second half last Sunday.

His nickname should be Bo Callahan
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Something is pretty weird over there (total/pass block):

Sorry but those grades are total horsecrap. The line gave up ONE sack and hits and pressures were not crazy either. Carman and Adeniji overall did their jobs but these kooky ratings make it look like they gave up sacks every snap. Consider PFF rated this line as a unit on pass blocking 15 point higher in the Titans game (9 sacks),  where Adeniji gave up 5 sacks but got a 21.2 pass block rating. 
According to an article on Bengals.com, Carman did alright on running plays:

"The veteran of national title tilts at Clemson responded on Sunday under extreme pressure. His block on a screen pass sprung the Bengals' first touchdown, running back Samaje Perine's 41-yard touchdown.

Then Carman appeared on the game's final, winning drive, where the offensive line took over as running back Joe Mixon picked up 28 of his 88 yards on five carries. Also helping out as the sixth offensive lineman was another rookie, D'Ante Smith.

Pro Football Focus rated Carman and Adeniji as their two worst pass blockers, but had Carman rated the Bengals' second best lineman running the ball in grades that featured wide receivers Tyler Boyd and Ja'Marr Chase 1-2.

But the feeling is mutual. During Pollack's first tenure in Cincinnati in 2018, he went on record as saying he's not a fan of PFF and that he'll do his own grades, thank you very much. On Monday, head coach Zac Taylor gave no clues on what goes on at Super right guard."
Reply/Quote