Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF Grades - Divisional Round
(01-23-2023, 02:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: Reader and Taylor-Britt!  Great job!

Reader always seems to be underrated. Ignored by probowl and all pro. Rarely talked about by commentators most of the season. I think he's starting to express the overall disrespect he feels toward Bengals players (who have zero all pros, relative to 6 for KC).

"We came into their home field, they put up 10 freaking points and we got 27 and we're on to KC and that's all that matters," said nose tackle DJ Reader. "You can count us out, you can count around. Bengals ain't this, Bengals ain't that. We just keep showing up and keep playing on Sunday."

Love the Gravedigger. Was a great job he did on his interview with Samson before the game too who also had a great game.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've been hard on CTB, but if he can consistently play like he did yesterday, then we've got a bargain.

I know I've been biased toward CTB since the draft season but did not expect him to take roughly CB1 duties this year. Real steal for a late 2nd rounder. Just think how good we will be next year after a SB win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:16 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I know I've been biased toward CTB since the draft season but did not expect him to take roughly CB1 duties this year. Real steal for a late 2nd rounder. Just think how good we will be next year after a SB win.

Happy we traded up for him as I was sure he would of been taken ahead of us. CTB I thought was a mid 2nd rounder but he is 
playing like a 1st rounder easily right now. Still waiting for Whatever to come in here and tell me according to some sourse he is a 
terrible tackler. Sorry I don't see that at all when watching Cameron Taylor Britt play ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:16 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I know I've been biased toward CTB since the draft season but did not expect him to take roughly CB1 duties this year. Real steal for a late 2nd rounder. Just think how good we will be next year after a SB win.

That's something we often overlook. A 2nd RD pick shouldn't hold the same expectations as when we were picking top 4ish 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's something we often overlook. A 2nd RD pick shouldn't hold the same expectations as when we were picking top 4ish 

Hence, why giving up on Jackson Carman so early was a bit of a mistake.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I remember screaming at Dax Hill on one particular play, but I can’t recall what it was now.

Glad to see him bounce back after that absolutely horrendous performance against Baltimore. Even if it was just a handful of snaps.

Do we know if Flowers is going to be back for KC?

He had great coverage on Knox in the Endzone.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hence, why giving up on Jackson Carman so early was a bit of a mistake.

So true.

Easy to forget Carman could legally drink 3 months when he was drafted by the Bengals. Linemen need more time to learn sound technique (a knock on him when he was drafted) and improve core/stabilizing strength to match up against professional mountains of men. He just turned 23. That age is when a lot of linemen are starting a rookie season
Reply/Quote
Not sure how Burrow grades at an 80. He literally couldn't have played any better...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 06:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure how Burrow grades at an 80. He literally couldn't have played any better...

I was expecting low 90’s. He had the one miss to Hurst that was a tad high, and a kind of scary batted ball, but other than that he was just about perfect.

Reply/Quote
PFF is so flawed, I've literally quit looking at their ratings last year. No point!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 06:53 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: PFF is so flawed, I've literally quit looking at their ratings last year.  No point!

If they gave a summary or explaination why a player graded the way they did it would go a long way. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'd be careful on measuring the rookie OT grades on just one game and in the snow. He is a dominant run blocker from when I remember from Clemson. His issue is speed rushers and his feet. It seems like the snow help may have helped out the old line some, but of course it should have been balanced by the D line of the Buffalo bills, but I still feel for whatever reason the snowman have an issue in the ratings.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He slipped in the snow trying to sack Josh...

He made a couple great plays though in this one. I voted for Mike Hilton for the game ball, dude is just a fantastic tackler.

Love seeing the littlest man on the field taking out the biggest, baddest QB in the NFL built like a Linebacker lol

Hilton was one of many of our home run free agents. I didn't really buy into the whole bringing guys in from winning organizations bringing that winning mentality. But a guy like Hilton proved me wrong big time and I really like the attitude he brings. 

I've really enjoyed his excellent tackling and it has really helped our team and I'm sure a big reason why we are the best tackling team in football. I was just thinking earlier if his size helps him. Where bigger taller guys try to square guys up and tackle higher. Hilton being smaller he's like screw it I'm wrapping them legs up.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 06:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If they gave a summary or explaination why a player graded the way they did it would go a long way. 

they have given explanations. This guy for example 

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 07:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hilton was one of many of our home run free agents. I didn't really buy into the whole bringing guys in from winning organizations bringing that winning mentality. But a guy like Hilton proved me wrong big time and I really like the attitude he brings. 

I've really enjoyed his excellent tackling and it has really helped our team and I'm sure a big reason why we are the best tackling team in football. I was just thinking earlier if his size helps him. Where bigger taller guys try to square guys up and tackle higher. Hilton being smaller he's like screw it I'm wrapping them legs up.

I was reading on one of the Steeler boards last night and they were lamenting the loss of Hilton.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: Reader and Taylor-Britt! Great job!

Reader always seems to be underrated. Ignored by probowl and all pro. Rarely talked about by commentators most of the season. I think he's starting to express the overall disrespect he feels toward Bengals players (who have zero all pros, relative to 6 for KC).

"We came into their home field, they put up 10 freaking points and we got 27 and we're on to KC and that's all that matters," said nose tackle DJ Reader. "You can count us out, you can count around. Bengals ain't this, Bengals ain't that. We just keep showing up and keep playing on Sunday."

So many people I wish they could keep.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 06:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure how Burrow grades at an 80. He literally couldn't have played any better...

He overthrew Hurst on what should have been a TD and failed to hand it to Mixon on a RPO and got creamed as a result. Same series.  Other than that? Not much.  Though he couod have missed some stuff we could not see watching on TV. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 68.0

7th

Mike Hilton was clutch! These PFF ratings are weird!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I need to see Mike Hilton’s grade, because him not being top 5 is absurd.

No doubt! I thought that this was one of the better games I have seen a Bengal's DB play in a playoff game.
I dont understand PFF a lot of the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 08:45 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I was reading on one of the Steeler boards last night and they were lamenting the loss of Hilton.

Hilton was as good there as he is here. They chose not to re-sign him. I have to think it's because he wouldn't play dirty like Tomlin wanted him to.
Reply/Quote