Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF Grades - Divisional Round
(01-23-2023, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Happy we traded up for him as I was sure he would of been taken ahead of us. CTB I thought was a mid 2nd rounder but he is 
playing like a 1st rounder easily right now. Still waiting for Whatever to come in here and tell me according to some sourse he is a 
terrible tackler. Sorry I don't see that at all when watching Cameron Taylor Britt play ball.

I saw a quote on twitter earlier where CTB is just in love with the town as well and can't stop bragging about it to his friends back home. Hope this turns into a career long run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I need to see Mike Hilton’s grade, because him not being top 5 is absurd.

Hilton was flying around everywhere disrupting. Surprised he's not higher.

And CTB sure seems to be shaping up to be a good un. 
Reply/Quote
Funny seems PFF causes more debate than
Officials have. It has faced much criticism this year from multiple ends,
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:25 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I saw a quote on twitter earlier where CTB is just in love with the town as well and can't stop bragging about it to his friends back home. Hope this turns into a career long run.

I can attest to this as I talk to one of his best friends a good bit. Also, as someone from the same area, who has been to Cincy a good bit, it is like Chicago compared to Montgomery Al.
The best thing about Cam is just how much he has bought in. He just loves the game, opportunity and his teammates. He’s the guy that is going to text a coach after a game asking how he could’ve played a certain route better. He’s definitely not going to just collect a check and that rubs off on people.
I think Dax Hill is the same but the main difference I see between the two is that Dax is scared of messing up, CTB isn’t scared of anything and just hyper aggressive
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 07:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hilton was one of many of our home run free agents. I didn't really buy into the whole bringing guys in from winning organizations bringing that winning mentality. But a guy like Hilton proved me wrong big time and I really like the attitude he brings. 

I've really enjoyed his excellent tackling and it has really helped our team and I'm sure a big reason why we are the best tackling team in football. I was just thinking earlier if his size helps him. Where bigger taller guys try to square guys up and tackle higher. Hilton being smaller he's like screw it I'm wrapping them legs up.

Bringing in guys from winning organizations is big, for example Trey Hendrickson who is in his 6th season has never not been in the playoffs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hilton was flying around everywhere disrupting. Surprised he's not higher.

And CTB sure seems to be shaping up to be a good un. 

We as fans tend to focus on big plays/impact plays.  It is impossible to watch every guy on every play in real time. PFF has it's flaws, but they are grading every guy on every snap. We are not. 

Again, I think comparing guys on the same team/within the same pisition group is more useful than on different teams. Team schedules vary wildly in quality. PFF treats degree if difficulty as equal, it is not.Both within the same game or with schedule variance. 

But they pass the smell test for me. They rate Burrow & Chase as our best offensive players and Reader, Hendrickson, and Pratt as our best defenders. That tracks with what I saw. 
Reply/Quote
PFF grades for the Bengals suck. I actually like PFF but no way some of the “low grades” can be possible from a team with a 10 game winning streak. They lose credibility. It’s unrealistic. I’m not talking about the top players but our bottom players are trash grades. That’s inconceivable. This team had 2 penalties for 9 yards. No turnovers and 1 sack. The epitome of clean.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I need to see Mike Hilton’s grade, because him not being top 5 is absurd.

Count me in. Hilton is an absolute difference maker on the field. Lot of respect for his play and attitude.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Carman had a 76 in pass blocking.  Wow, first start in NFL at LT and he grades a 76 at LT in 42 pass blocking snaps.  I don't think Jonah registered a 76 all season?  

And CTB, just wow.

Hilton and Bates grade...you must not get points for confusing the other team's QB and forcing him to hold the ball, check it down, or run.  But that is exactly what the secondary did.  
Reply/Quote
All I can say is if Carman can keep doing this against the Chiefs, we have a good problem at LT, and Jonah might get traded.

I’m so happy that Carman is turning it around. Frank Pollack is doing something we didn’t think we would see this fast, a DEEP offensive line.
Reply/Quote
You need to remember just how completely Turner screwed the line up in his short tenure. Everyone from his era has either had to go or be extensively worked with to get the bad taught habits out. I’m not surprised that it has taken Pollack a couple of years to flush the system.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: You need to remember just how completely Turner screwed the line up in his short tenure. Everyone from his era has either had to go or be extensively worked with to get the bad taught habits out. I’m not surprised that it has taken Pollack a couple of years to flush the system.

For the record, our OL splits, Turner fired in Jan of 2021. 

1) Jonah Williams. 2019 draft. 2 Turner years. Hurt for all of one.   
2) Volson. No Turner exposure. 
3) Karras. No Turner exposure. 
4) Cappa. No Turner exposure. 
5) Collins. No Turner exposure. 
6) Adeniji. 1 Turner year.
7) Scharping. No Turner exposure. 
8) Carman. No Turner exposure. 
9) Smith. No Turner exposure. 
10) T. Hill. No Turner exposure. 
--------------
11) Prince. 1 year of Turner (sat out 2020/COVID). 
Reply/Quote
Turner with the o-line and I remember how bad they were in just a little over a half of a season under Terybl Austin as DC. After a decade of Zimmer/Guenther, it took them years to recover from playing those 2 1/2 to 3 months under that idiot's scheme of "let them get open then try to jump in front of them for the INT".

I don't know if PFF existed then but if they did, those might be the worst defensive PFF numbers in Bengals history.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have access to the full OL numbers? Grades & pass/run splits?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Does anyone have access to the full OL numbers? Grades & pass/run splits?

Yes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes

Wanna share them?  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: For the record, our OL splits, Turner fired in Jan of 2021. 

1) Jonah Williams. 2019 draft. 2 Turner years. Hurt for all of one.   
2) Volson. No Turner exposure. 
3) Karras. No Turner exposure. 
4) Cappa. No Turner exposure. 
5) Collins. No Turner exposure. 
6) Adeniji. 1 Turner year.
7) Scharping. No Turner exposure. 
8) Carman. No Turner exposure. 
9) Smith. No Turner exposure. 
10) T. Hill. No Turner exposure. 
--------------
11) Prince. 1 year of Turner (sat out 2020/COVID). 

It shows what they had to do - in essence we cleaned out the cupboard and restocked it to get rid of the Turner produce. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 11:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Wanna share them?  

Oh, I don't have access. I'm just saying someone does. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Full grades and blocking grades

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:15 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
Full grades and blocking grades

Muchos gracias. 
Reply/Quote