Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - Week 14
(12-12-2022, 01:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone besides me have their heart skip a beat when Hilton went out?

yep, and was shocked but elated to see him come back. 

Would also add that hoping the defense can keep Reader, Wilson, and Pratt together somehow. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When we win the Super Bowl this year, do you think Bates will take less money to stay with Cincy?

I wouldn’t think so.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
It will be very interesting to see what kind of deal Pratt gets this offseason. I would love for it to be from the Bengals. Keep that 2 headed monster of him and Logan together.

People like to bash PFF -- sometimes I'm one of them -- but these lists match my perceptions.  No surprises with the top 5 on either side of the ball, although Pratt being ahead of Wilson is interesting.

Speaking of Big Game Germaine, I don't see the Bengals signing both him and Wilson.  They don't value the position in relation to others, and they can't pay everybody.  I will be sorry if Pratt and Bates leave, but that's why we have ADG and Hill.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oof that Carter pick looks bad so far.

Yeah, he is still a rook and played a lot of end in college. But I am not a huge fan of drafting guys & switching their positions. 

ZT usually whiffs at least one early (Day 1 or 2) pick each draft.

2019 it was Sample in Rd 2 (Jonah in Rd 1 and Pratt in Rd 3).

2020 was a clean sweep HR (Burrow, Higgins, L. Wilson, ADG in Rd 4), though picking 1st each round makes it easier. 

2021 it was Carman in Rd 2 (Chase Rd 1, Ossai Rd 3). Not giving up on Ossai yet. Coming off injury. Playing inside more. Relatively new to football. Made a big play vs KC. I do give credit for recognizing the mistake and finding Volson.

2022 it looks like it could be Carter (Hill Rd1, CTB Rd 2). Too early to tell.  I think he has been relatively better lately after a horrid start. 
Reply/Quote
never understood why Hurst racked up such low pff scores. It is just from blocking?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: never understood why Hurst racked up such low pff scores. It is just from blocking?

It’s the hair. Ginger bias. Just ask Andy…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:55 PM)SladeX Wrote: It’s the hair. Ginger bias. Just ask Andy…

PFF loves Andy this year. Check it out
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:56 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: PFF loves Andy this year. Check it out

Andy’s old now. Got some grey. Rising scores correlate to increasing grey.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Raise your hand if you thought LC would be the weak link of our Oline this year...

Put your hand down liar!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: never understood why Hurst racked up such low pff scores. It is just from blocking?

Mid to high 60s is perfectly fine. Good even. Cappa, Karras, Awuzie, BJ Hill, Bell, and Bates are all in that range. 

Low 60s to high 50s is where the trouble starts, flashing yellow. Low to mid 50s would be flashing red. Under 50 is straight red (for a starter). IDK how PFF does it, but that is kind of how it breaks out for me. 

Low to mid 70s is green light all the way. High 70s is like borderline pro-bowl. 80s is a pro-bowl level dude in my view. Though it may vary by position. Gotta be harder for DBs to win as often. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Mid to high 60s is perfectly fine. Good even. Cappa, Karras, Awuzie, BJ Hill, Bell, and Bates are all in that range. 

Low 60s to high 50s is where the trouble starts, flashing yellow. Low to mid 50s would be flashing red. Under 50 is straight red (for a starter). IDK how PFF does it, but that is kind of how it breaks out for me. 

Low to mid 70s is green light all the way. High 70s is like borderline pro-bowl. 80s is a pro-bowl level dude in my view. Though it may vary by position. Gotta be harder for DBs to win as often. 

thankfully LC is a good run blocker

because his pass protection?... yea, not so much
Reply/Quote
Disappointed with grade on CTB.Thought he should have graded higher.I’m glad we have him.If he keeps improving,he has a bright future.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Raise your hand if you thought LC would be the weak link of our Oline this year...

Put your hand down liar!!

I feel like this is something I heard from Dallas fans. Not saying I believed it or wasn't optimistic but yeah, this feels familiar. 

Reply/Quote
Just remember you are looking at PFF "scores", which are low on the trustworthy scale and not used by real teams/coaches.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Reader has been in full beast mode this season.

Reply/Quote
Two guys the Bengals can't win the Superbowl without: Burrow and Reader.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 10:23 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Two guys the Bengals can't win the Superbowl without: Burrow and Reader.

They can't win a game without the former.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 10:49 PM)jason Wrote: They can't win a game without the former.

This is the one place this team is at the back of the line. When Jackson gets hurt, Huntley comes in with little to no drop off. When Watson gets hurt, the Browns trot out Brissett who is able to win games for them. Of course Shitsburgh is a mess right now, but when Burrow gets hurt the best we can come up with is Brandon Allen. They really need to upgrade the #2 QB on this roster.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When we win the Super Bowl this year, do you think Bates will take less money to stay with Cincy?

Nope he’ll be more valuable as an important locker room guy on a Super Bowl team.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:08 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nope he’ll be more valuable as an important locker room guy on a Super Bowl team.

Not sure what to think here. Absolutely his leadership and locker room presence will be commended especially with a couple young guys they've groomed into the DB rotation, not to mention Bates having alot to do with this much improved defense as he's already got 3 picks this year. Remember, the knock on him last year was his inability to hold onto the ball.

On the flip, he may see just how special this team is and just knowing when you have a special QB like Burrow that your team will annually be in the playoff hunt at the minimum. But is the offer the Bengals made him still on the table or do they need to totally renegotiate?
Reply/Quote