Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - Week 14
Don't know how many times I need to say it, but I'm going to continue to shout it from the mountaintops.

GET WILCOX INVOLVED AND GET HIM INVOLVED EARLY.

When Mitchell Wilcox jumps in a pool, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Mitchell Wilcoxed.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:41 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Don't know how many times I need to say it, but I'm going to continue to shout it from the mountaintops.

GET WILCOX INVOLVED AND GET HIM INVOLVED EARLY.

When Mitchell Wilcox jumps in a pool, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Mitchell Wilcoxed.

The boogeyman checks under his bed for Mitchell Wilcox.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 06:10 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Disappointed with grade on CTB.Thought he should have graded higher.I’m glad we have him.If he keeps improving,he has a bright future.

The raw numbers sadly back up CTB's grade.  He's allowed a 105.6 passer rating when targeted and has 6 missed tackles for a Missed Tackle % of 13.3%.  

He's shown some flashes and should continue to improve, but he hasn't really arrived, yet.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:38 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Not sure what to think here. Absolutely his leadership and locker room presence will be commended especially with a couple young guys they've groomed into the DB rotation, not to mention Bates having alot to do with this much improved defense as he's already got 3 picks this year. Remember, the knock on him last year was his inability to hold onto the ball.

On the flip, he may see just how special this team is and just knowing when you have a special QB like Burrow that your team will annually be in the playoff hunt at the minimum. But is the offer the Bengals made him still on the table or do they need to totally renegotiate?

Don’t know where he stands but unfortunately most of our free agents will want the money if it’s their second contract. Winning a Super Biwl enhances their value and for most crosses one off the bucket list.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: The raw numbers sadly back up CTB's grade.  He's allowed a 105.6 passer rating when targeted and has 6 missed tackles for a Missed Tackle % of 13.3%.  

He's shown some flashes and should continue to improve, but he hasn't really arrived, yet.  

The question is actually whether CTB has improved over time as he has played. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: The raw numbers sadly back up CTB's grade.  He's allowed a 105.6 passer rating when targeted and has 6 missed tackles for a Missed Tackle % of 13.3%.  

I think in the main you are correct.  But I am gonna quibble with a couple of the "missed" tackles.  Like drops, I think those get mischaracterized a lot. A couple of CTB's were plays where he made the tackle but failed to get the guy short of the stick, or had to really gamble to try & stop him short. I don't really consider either type of play a missed tackle. 

On the first, you bring the guy down. Or help to. That is not a miss.  On the second, you could play it safe and make a tackle, but doing so gives up a first. So instead, you go for broke to try to force a punt.  In most cases, that's the smart play.  Unless you are last man or give up a huge chunk as a result of the gamble, that is the play I want him to make. From memory I can put 2-3 plays of CTB in the second category, and one in the first. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 07:34 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think in the main you are correct.  But I am gonna quibble with a couple of the "missed" tackles.  Like drops, I think those get mischaracterized a lot. A couple of CTB's were plays where he made the tackle but failed to get the guy short of the stick, or had to really gamble to try & stop him short. I don't really consider either type of play a missed tackle. 

On the first, you bring the guy down. Or help to. That is not a miss.  On the second, you could play it safe and make a tackle, but doing so gives up a first. So instead, you go for broke to try to force a punt.  In most cases, that's the smart play.  Unless you are last man or give up a huge chunk as a result of the gamble, that is the play I want him to make. From memory I can put 2-3 plays of CTB in the second category, and one in the first. 

"Missed Tackles" are plays where the defender completely fails to get the ball carrier on the ground or out of bounds.  I don't know any stat service that counts getting drug as a missed tackle unless it results in a TD.  Plays like the one against JuJu where he failed to get him down short of the line to gain aren't counted as missed tackles.  
Reply/Quote
As to CTB: I've stated how I wasn't the biggest fan on the pick, but I thought he looked pretty good this past game. Shows what I know.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Goodberry liked CTB’s game against the Browns.

https://youtu.be/oDuh7mo87dA

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:13 PM)Whatever Wrote: "Missed Tackles" are plays where the defender completely fails to get the ball carrier on the ground or out of bounds.  I don't know any stat service that counts getting drug as a missed tackle unless it results in a TD.  Plays like the one against JuJu where he failed to get him down short of the line to gain aren't counted as missed tackles.  

Fair enough, though that does not address situation #2. 

As for stat services, I heard Garrett got credit for a sack on Chase, on an obvious run play. Let us just say I di not inherently trust the judgments of a service that is so glaringly wrong on a play. Drops, sacks, missed tackles: they show poor judgment. 
Reply/Quote