Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades for Texans
Can anyone share? I'm curious about the O-Line especially.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 03:55 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Can anyone share?    I'm curious about the O-Line especially.

OBJ - 55.4 overall grade
Volson - 65.7 overall
Karras - 62.7 overall
Cappa - 48.4 overall
Williams - 56.2 overall
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OBJ - 55.4 overall grade
Volson - 65.7 overall
Karras - 62.7 overall
Cappa - 48.4 overall
Williams - 56.2 overall

dont think cappa is fully recovered from last season's injury

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:40 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: dont think cappa is fully recovered from last season's injury

Im all for excuses but this is a bad one. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im all for excuses but this is a bad one. 

a week 18 injury? Idk. I can see it lingering. 

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: a week 18 injury? Idk. I can see it lingering. 

He said he would have suited up for the Super Bowl if we would have won the AFCG. He's also had some good games this year. I just chalk it up to a bad day.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He said he would have suited up for the Super Bowl if we would have won the AFCG. He's also had some good games this year. I just chalk it up to a bad day.

He also said he was starting this season the healthiest he has ever been since playing football at any level. I'm thinking he got injured early this season and we didn't hear about it. 
Reply/Quote
Cappa has been terrible this year. He was our best lineman last year. I don't get it.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:07 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Cappa has been terrible this year.  He was our best lineman last year.   I don't get it.

Im saying it has to be the lingering injury he suffered in week 18

or maybe he just fell off a cliff. But Im leaning towards the prior

Reply/Quote
Cappa's second year under Pollack, did folks think he'd improve?

Look what he's doing to Zeus.

Pretty sure Pollack said: "See I told you I could make Volson our best olineman!!"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He also said he was starting this season the healthiest he has ever been since playing football at any level. I'm thinking he got injured early this season and we didn't hear about it. 

Kiss of death
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cappa's second year under Pollack, did folks think he'd improve?

Pretty sure Pollack said: "See I told you I could make Volson our best olineman!!"

Pollack has to go.  There is no reason for this line to not be better.  What is Bill Callahan making in Cleveland?  Write him a fat check to jump ship in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Pollack has to go.  There is no reason for this line to not be better.  What is Bill Callahan making in Cleveland?  Write him a fat check to jump ship in the offseason.

Hell, make him co-coordintaor with his son if you have to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 07:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hell, make him co-coordintaor with his son if you have to.

Not a bad idea
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Kiss of death

Like a QB saying 17-0 season, or a RB saying 2k rushing yards, or a DE saying sack record before the season starts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cappa's second year under Pollack, did folks think he'd improve?

OBJ was good until the Texans, then got bullrushed into Joe all game. His worst game by far.
Reply/Quote
Surprised by Cappa's grade.

I would think that giving up 3 sacks would make it much lower than that.
Reply/Quote

(11-14-2023, 08:25 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: OBJ was good until the Texans, then got bullrushed into Joe all game. His worst game by far.

People online have been posting clips of OBJ not being able to anchor at all vs Houston. Which has never been a problem for him (he struggles more with speed). Guys that know more about OL play than me seem to think he re-aggravated his groin.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Pollack has to go.  There is no reason for this line to not be better.  What is Bill Callahan making in Cleveland?  Write him a fat check to jump ship in the offseason.

I really don't understand what happened with the team trying to get Callahan here. He was the #1 target by Zac when Zac was putting together his staff. Washington refuses to let him go. Then we get to 2020 where Jim Turner did absolutely nothing to keep his job yet we let Callahan just stroll up to Cleveland. At some point, Callahan's contract is going to end and there's zero reason for us to not go after him.

He's also stated that he really wants to coach with his son. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 08:25 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: OBJ was good until the Texans, then got bullrushed into Joe all game. His worst game by far.

And I think the most frustrating part is that the Texans are not normally a good pass rushing team but against our line they played much better. Think it was a distressing step backwards for this group.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote