Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades vs 49ers
(10-31-2023, 07:51 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I know he likes the interchangeability (is that even a word?) in his safeties, but it's time to put Battle in at SS and Hill at FS and let them gel. Nick Scott is ST material. If Lou insists on keeping that interchangeability...try Tyson Anderson in place of Scott. At least with Anderson, you have a chance at a turn over.

You'll probably see less Jordan Battle against the Bills. So far they have been using him as the box safety against run heavy teams (a little at linebacker against Arizona's heavy 3TE packages). Against the Bills I expect alot more cover 2 and Nick Scott single high so they can move Hill around more. 

Right now they are rotating Scott and Battle to get the best matchups for Daxton Hill. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was down at Lake Cumberland out on a boat, so I did not get to see the game until last night. I wasn't focused on him, but Carter seems to have put up a pretty good number.

Talking about Yoshi, yeah, he scored his second touchdown, but did anyone pay attention to the following kickoff? Yoshi is running down the right side of the field, hangs a left to go after the returner and absolutely launches himself to wrap the guy up and secure the tackle. That was one of the best open field tackles I've seen in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 08:46 AM)Synric Wrote: You'll probably see less Jordan Battle against the Bills. So far they have been using him as the box safety against run heavy teams (a little at linebacker against Arizona's heavy 3TE packages). Against the Bills I expect alot more cover 2 and Nick Scott single high so they can move Hill around more. 

Right now they are rotating Scott and Battle to get the best matchups for Daxton Hill. 
Which I sorta don't get. Battle had a knack for INTs in college. Anderson had a nice preseason. Scott has more upside than either of those guys? Right now?! So far this season, I have seen Battle make a few nice plays, whereas the only ones I remember from Scott have been negative. Blown coverages, poor tackling, etc. I know the coaches know infinitely more than we fans do, so I am cool w whatever they decide, but the quicker Battle "gets up to speed" the better. In the meantime, MORE TYSON ANDERSON PLEASE!
Reply/Quote
Jonah has saved his career
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 08:46 AM)Synric Wrote: You'll probably see less Jordan Battle against the Bills. So far they have been using him as the box safety against run heavy teams (a little at linebacker against Arizona's heavy 3TE packages). Against the Bills I expect alot more cover 2 and Nick Scott single high so they can move Hill around more. 

Let me explain it like this.

The 49ers like to run horizontally and throw inside RB and TE screens alot of stacked tighter formations. Having a safety that is big enough to play in thr box scrap take on backside blockers or blow up TEs and WRs screen blocking. Daxton Hill could probably do it but not as well as Jordan Battle. Having Hill flying around against play action and screaming downhill against the run is best suited for him. 

The Bills are different they spread out. Dalton Kincaid is more of a big inside receiver so Hill will get a good amount of coverage reps against him inside while also blitzing (best Blitzer on the roster right now). When Hill is down the other safety rotates back single high and you probably aren't going to want Battle running down the post with Stephon Diggs especially since there isn't another QB in the NFL that can stretch the field like Josh Allen.

Really it's all about trying to maximize Daxton Hill on the back end of the defense. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jonah making you all eat that crow

Jonah moving to the right was a good move for him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was down at Lake Cumberland out on a boat, so I did not get to see the game until last night. I wasn't focused on him, but Carter seems to have put up a pretty good number.

Talking about Yoshi, yeah, he scored his second touchdown, but did anyone pay attention to the following kickoff? Yoshi is running down the right side of the field, hangs a left to go after the returner and absolutely launches himself to wrap the guy up and secure the tackle. That was one of the best open field tackles I've seen in a long time.

Yoshi to my eye has been good on ST's all year. I think he has shot of becoming a very good WR in the next few years. I also think he will bulk up, he has room to add muscle mass without losing his speed and quickness. I am excited for his future.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 10:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Jonah moving to the right was a good move for him. 

I agree. I hope we sign him in the offseason, but if we do not, he will yield a 3rd round comp. pick in 2025.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 10:10 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Jonah has saved his career

I dont know about saving his career.  He had been an OK at LT.   Jacksonville nearly traded for him at 12.6 million so there were already other teams that liked him.  I do think Jonah is making himself a lot of money showing he can play both tackle positions.  He is going to get paid in the offseason.  I think he looks much better as a RT than LT.
Reply/Quote

Im just not a big fan of Scott.  He is a big step down from Vonn Bell.  I think Battle needs more reps
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 10:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yoshi to my eye has been good on ST's all year. I think he has shot of becoming a very good WR in the next few years. I also think he will bulk up, he has room to add muscle mass without losing his speed and quickness. I am excited for his future.

Yes, and if anyone taped the game, it's worth it to re-watch his tackle on that kickoff.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jonah making you all eat that crow
Crow is tasting like a true delicacy at this point
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 07:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The way he turned and came back attacking for that TD pass was great.

Loved that.  He's a really savvy and instinctive player.  Has a bright future I believe.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 10:10 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Jonah has saved his career

You're right.  I know the injury factor figured strongly in his poor performance, but he has looked better on the right and meshed well when he gets needed support.

Hopefully he stays here and gives us a stable line.
Reply/Quote
Grades for the rest of the OL?
Reply/Quote
im watching the jt osullivan qb school video

OBJr is getting destroyed by Bosa. Maybe to be expected? Volson got put on his butt a couple times too when pass protecting

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
The best you can hope for against guys like Bosa, Garrett, Watt, etc is to just merely survive. Brown did give up a ton of pressures, but at the end of the day he did just enough.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 07:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: im watching the jt osullivan qb school video

OBJr is getting destroyed by Bosa. Maybe to be expected? Volson got put on his butt a couple times too when pass protecting

The second time down, Volson got tangled up with Brown's feet.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 07:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: im watching the jt osullivan qb school video

Volson actually had a pretty good game...but you don't want to hear that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote