Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF Grades vs JAX

Props to the OL last night. Two good games in a row now. That Jonah grade is franchise LT level play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Look at Uzomah stepping up for the game of his life with Higgins out... And yes, Jonah is putting it all together thus far.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I remember seeing Carman come off a block too early that allowed Perine to get stuffed on one play, but other than another penalty (he’s going to need to clean those up) I didn’t notice anything.

Surprised Hopkins is so high. He was really struggling early in the game.

Reply/Quote
I’ve been super impressed with Hendrickson so far. It obviously wasn’t just a case of him cleaning up in New Orleans.

If Ossai’s flash in the preseason is a sign of what’s to come with him we could have a nasty pass rush the next few years.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I remember seeing Carman come off a block too early that allowed Perine to get stuffed on one play, but other than another penalty (he’s going to need to clean those up) I didn’t notice anything.

Surprised Hopkins is so high. He was really struggling early in the game.

Yes, I remember that as well as the penalty.  I would have to watch the game again to see if it persisted, but I remember during the Pitt game, he was on the ground a lot.   This is something that happened a lot at Clemson and a ton during preseason.  I'm not sure if it's just something that is going to be par for the course with him, but he certainly was able to be pretty dominant at Clemson despite this weird part of the package with him.  I was wondering if it affects his PFF score, because I thought he - at least on casual viewing - played better than his grade vs Pitt and also vs Jax.  He certainly has things to clean up, but he didn't stick out like Hopkins has at times this season, and I noticed him blowing open a hole on one of Mixon's nice runs as well.  
Reply/Quote
I thought I remembered seeing Carman make a great play last night. He came off his man and picked up a player coming off the edge.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:03 PM)pally Wrote:

They hate Carman.  There is obvious bias.  The best measure of our OL's performance is how much the fans bytch (or not) about them.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought I remembered seeing Carman make a great play last night. He came off his man and picked up a player coming off the edge.

PFF probably called it a miss and down graded him
Reply/Quote
I was wondering how T Hopkins did...
Reply/Quote
Remember in the offseason when everyone crapped on Quinton Spain?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Remember in the offseason when everyone crapped on Quinton Spain?

Not everyone..... Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought I remembered seeing Carman make a great play last night. He came off his man and picked up a player coming off the edge.

Yep he saved the play on the busted play that Joe got to CJ.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Remember in the offseason when everyone crapped on Quinton Spain?

I wasn't impressed at all by him last year.  He's probably been our best OL this year, though.  

Interesting that as they currently stand with Spain having played an extra 5-1/2 quarters of ball that he has 1 Penalty and 2 pressures allowed compared to Joe Thuney's 2 penalties and 3 pressures allowed.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yep he saved the play on the busted play that Joe got to CJ.

Then told the D lineman to "respect my authoritae"
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: I wasn't impressed at all by him last year.  He's probably been our best OL this year, though.  

Interesting that as they currently stand with Spain having played an extra 5-1/2 quarters of ball that he has 1 Penalty and 2 pressures allowed compared to Joe Thuney's 2 penalties and 3 pressures allowed.

Many of us last year pointed out he came in mid year and we immediately asked him to play out of position multiple times with a revolving cast of people on either side of him. There were times he flashed but stability, especially on an O line, can create another level of effectiveness. 

That said, he is going to cost a pretty good amount of cash this off season.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Many of us last year pointed out he came in mid year and we immediately asked him to play out of position multiple times with a revolving cast of people on either side of him. There were times he flashed but stability, especially on an O line, can create another level of effectiveness. 

That said, he is going to cost a pretty good amount of cash this off season.

If you want good linemen, you have to pay. Pay the man. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If you want good linemen, you have to pay. Pay the man. 

Yeah, just cut XSF and put that money towards Spain.

Reply/Quote
Two weeks in a row PFF has put Carman low but we have only given up 1 or 2 sacks in his two games so have to give him some credit on that...
Reply/Quote