Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades vs Pittsburgh
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Good to see the kids showing well on defense.  If Murphy keeps it up, it looks like a very good draft class.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Good to see the kids showing well on defense.  If Murphy keeps it up, it looks like a very good draft class.

seems like an outlier game. I mean, Carter and Volson apparently played well

but yea, it'd be nice for Murphy to develop

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Good to see the top 3 defenders are our top 3 rookies from the 2023 draft. Now if we can just get our offensive rookies rolling, maybe we can build some momentum going into 2024.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Good to see the top 3 defenders are our top 3 rookies from the 2023 draft. Now if we can just get our offensive rookies rolling, maybe we can build some momentum going into 2024.

You have to actually play them…

Charlie Jones played 4 snaps. I believe Yoshi played 14. And Yoshi could have very well of had a deep shot TD had Browning actually seen him.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Good to see the top 3 defenders are our top 3 rookies from the 2023 draft. Now if we can just get our offensive rookies rolling, maybe we can build some momentum going into 2024.

We have rookies on offense?

Reply/Quote

He had a really good game against Cam last season, too. Kind of a head scratcher.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: seems like an outlier game. I mean, Carter and Volson apparently played well

but yea, it'd be nice for Murphy to develop

Carter had the strip, and Murphy played pretty well. I know I saw a couple of bad clips on Volson, so that one is a head scratcher.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
He had a really good game against Cam last season, too. Kind of a head scratcher.

Well, that explains his grade then. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Good to see Murphy make some plays yesterday/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Im starting to wonder if Reader isn't getting washed or if he isn't hurt a bit.

The run defense has been a major problem this year and the guy is 30 years old.

I was all for bringing him back, but maybe it's time to get younger at the position via free agency.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 10:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im starting to wonder if Reader isn't getting washed or if he isn't hurt a bit.

I was all for bringing him back, but maybe it's time to get younger at the position via free agency.

And/or the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 10:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im starting to wonder if Reader isn't getting washed or if he isn't hurt a bit.

We all know the deal as fans, some guys only have so many years in them to play NFL ball before father time creeps in. I don't know if that is the case with Reader but it wouldn't be surprising if accurate. I've liked having him on the Bengals so it's a bummer if his best days of ball are nearing an end.
Reply/Quote

(11-27-2023, 05:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, that explains his grade then. 

In the first game of Volson's career, Heyward pretty much ragdolled him, made him look like a Jr. High bench warmer.  I'm sure that Cordell took that to heart and has since made it his mission to have his best days facing Heyward going forward.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 10:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the first game of Volson's career, Heyward pretty much ragdolled him, made him look like a Jr. High bench warmer.  I'm sure that Cordell took that to heart and has since made it his mission to have his best days facing Heyward going forward.

Going forward? Hopefully not. He should be replaced next season

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 12:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Going forward? Hopefully not. He should be replaced next season

Some of you keep saying that, but if the team were not set on him being the starting LG, one would think that Cody Ford or Jackson Carman would have already replaced him by now.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I like seeing those grades in the 70's from our inside 3 on the OL. Seems like Cappa and Karras and Volson have had some low games this year. Pretty impressive from Volson considering who he was guarding. 
Reply/Quote

Surprised Volson had that good of a grade, he had some pretty embarrassing moments in this game as did Jonah.

Love seeing our rookie's taken in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round coming around and getting some good grades.

Really liked what I saw of DJ Turner and Jordan Battle all season pretty much except a few plays to learn from which is pretty good
for rookies. Myles Murphy is starting to come along and we just need to keep giving him snaps and he could be great some day.

You cannot teach MM's skills, his athleticism is off the charts. If he can get some moves and play disciplined he has just what you 
want in a pass rusher and he is already a good run stopper.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised Volson had that good of a grade, he had some pretty embarrassing moments in this game as did Jonah.

Love seeing our rookie's taken in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round coming around and getting some good grades.

Really liked what I saw of DJ Turner and Jordan Battle all season pretty much except a few plays to learn from which is pretty good
for rookies. Myles Murphy is starting to come along and we just need to keep giving him snaps and he could be great some day.

You cannot teach MM's skills, his athleticism is off the charts. If he can get some moves and play disciplined he has just what you 
want in a pass rusher and he is already a good run stopper.

I expect to see steady improvement from Battle and Murphy over time.

They may sneak up on concerned fans and end up being solid players once they physically mature and gain experience.
Reply/Quote
He (Volson) had a really good game against Cam last season, too. Kind of a head scratcher.

Volson really didn't start "Coming on" until the Tampa (Game 12) last year.  From then on, Volson was one of our best OL.  I think he for one needs to be out there the entire pre-season getting reps so we're not having to wait until the second half of the season for him to start "Coming on."
Reply/Quote