Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades vs Seahawks
(10-16-2023, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd like for them to address center in FA or early in the draft and move Karras to LG...and don't let Pollack touch the pick.

Probably need a RT in the first round. I still say trade Tee to a team like Carolina or Chicago (whoever has their 2nd) and take a Guard there. Should have your pick as the top of the second round is a high spot to take an IOL.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd like for them to address center in FA or early in the draft and move Karras to LG...and don't let Pollack touch the pick.

Like Duke has been any better at picking OL in the last decade or so?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like Duke has been any better at picking OL in the last decade or so?

Yeah, I really do not think Pollack even has much say when it comes to draft picks. Tobin always goes BPA, and they have their board. 
Reply/Quote
By the way, some pass stats after 6 games:

252 dropbacks
14 sacks good for 16th in NFL
42 total pressures for a 16.6% pressure rate, good for 9th in the NFL
10 dropped passes (5th most in the NFL)
59.8% of passes On Target (24th in the NFL)
15.2% of passes classed as Bad Throws (22nd in the NFL)
63% overall completion pct.

These stats tell a story of dropped balls and inaccurate throws being the primary issue. As Burrow gets healthier and more fully up to speed I expect both the Bad Throw and On Target numbers to move big time in the right directions. The drops are for the receivers to work out.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 05:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: By the way, some pass stats after 6 games:

252 dropbacks
14 sacks good for 16th in NFL
42 total pressures for a 16.6% pressure rate, good for 9th in the NFL
10 dropped passes (5th most in the NFL)
59.8% of passes On Target (24th in the NFL)
15.2% of passes classed as Bad Throws (22nd in the NFL)
63% overall completion pct.

These stats tell a story of dropped balls and inaccurate throws being the primary issue. As Burrow gets healthier and more fully up to speed I expect both the Bad Throw and On Target numbers to move big time in the right directions. The drops are for the receivers to work out.

Those are pretty decent numbers for an offensive line blocking for a severely hampered QB. But it seems like a lot of that must be due to Burrow getting the ball out of there in a split second and for very few air yards. As he drops deeper and throws more long balls I’m interested to see how those numbers fluctuate.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
So why did Burrow get tbagged all of sunday if the pass blocking was this good?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good to see Hilton have a good game...he needed it.

I'd be OK with Cam Sample getting some more snaps. Also, I think it could be time to have a conversation about Karras. Guy has not been good this year.

Karras is a better G than C. 

CTB also got beat on Seattle's TD, IIRC. 

I think all 3 OL slots should be considered in the draft. 

1) OT: Jonah FA, no depth (Ford, Carman, Smith)
2) OG: Volson shaky, mediocre depth (Scharping, Ford) 
3) C: shaky starter with no proven depth..

But we could also need a starting WR (or two), RB, and TE. And DT/NT. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:36 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: So why did Burrow get tbagged all of sunday if the pass blocking was this good?

He didn't, for the most part. He just sucked after the 2nd drive. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:36 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: So why did Burrow get tbagged all of sunday if the pass blocking was this good?

Because he didn’t. Basically he was just off in the second half more than anything else. 
Reply/Quote
YTD:

QB Burrow: 66.4
RB Mixon: 63.4
WR1 Chase: 86.7
WR2 Higgins: 57.3
WR3 Boyd: 62.1
TE I Smith: 39.2
LT Brown Jr: 60.5 (1 sack, 2 penalties)
LG Volson: 48.2 (3 sacks, 0 penalties)
C Karras: 65.5 (5 sacks, most in league; 1 penalty)
RG Cappa: 60.9 (0 sacks, 2 penalties)
RT J. Williams: 67.6 (2 sacks, 0 penalties)

Chase + mediocrity + Smith & Volson stinking.
Reply/Quote
Surprised Irv Smith is even that high. Other than drawing a single flag he’s done absolutely nothing positive.

Reply/Quote
Gotta admit,Cody Ford’s grade was a surprise to me.I thought he was solid in there.
Hoping Brown gets healthy during the bye.We’ll need all hands on deck and at 100% when we face S.F. after the bye.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wonder why Hubbard didn't grade highly? Dude was possessed the last couple of drives.

He was playing against a backup RT all game he should have been making plays all game long. Hubbard gets a long leash since he is from here, he really is just a guy nothing special. Needed an upgrade here for a long time at the very least give a younger guy snaps at Hubbard's spot. He is a high motor guy that cannot finish the sack.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:58 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He was playing against a backup RT all game he should have been making plays all game long. Hubbard gets a long leash since he is from here, he really is just a guy nothing special. Needed an upgrade here for a long time at the very least give a younger guy snaps at Hubbard's spot. He is a high motor guy that cannot finish the sack.

Horrible take.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah Mike has had a rough year until yesterday. Great RZ interception that turned the tide back in our direction, had some nice tackles
like he usually does. Cam Sample was a beast, he might be the dude to rest our Ends if Ossai and Murphy don't step up. Carter was 
getting no push from what I saw in the middle, thankfully BJ Hill was, same with DJ.

Need to add a Center in FA or the Draft early next year and maybe move Karras to LG if Volson doesn't improve because yeah, Ted 
hasn't been playing near as good this season.

So true, wasn't for this until now though honestly with how bad Volson has been. Surprised his grades were as high as they were.

Why wait till next year try to swing a deal before the trade deadline ends. But if we cannot find a team to trade with then I agree get one in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Horrible take.

He is nothing special at all he was left unblocked so many times last year because it takes him 3 sec to process wtf to do go after QB or guard the edge. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He didn't, for the most part. He just sucked after the 2nd drive. 

After the Burrow int he got gun shy and misfired he needs to learn to shake an int off like a cornerback shrugs off a competition or deep ball. Coaches should have a talk with him as well to get his head in right place....Oh wait our OC is in the skybox and our head coach is calling plays and watching the game...That is why Burrow is always alone on the bench. We will fix it next week adapting in real-time is something we do not do on this offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good to see Hilton have a good game...he needed it.

I'd be OK with Cam Sample getting some more snaps. Also, I think it could be time to have a conversation about Karras. Guy has not been good this year.

Hard to tell if he is being spread too thin trying to help out guards and getting to a linebacker or if he is regressing. Blocking schemes running the ball and passing need to be looked at closely over the next two weeks. The simpler the scheme the better IMO we have talent on the o-line 4 vets that have had really good years and a second-year guy that has given up one sack this year that is not killing us even though I would take an upgrade in a trade in next few weeks if we could get one at LG or center to move Karras over to LG.

Pretty sure our O-line coach is trash though so I do not expect much.
Reply/Quote
Keep up the big hits on the WR, TE Dax it has been a minute since our FS has hit folks like that. Try to get your head out of the way even though you led with the shoulder. But will take a flag or two if we have too as long as we win the game.
Reply/Quote
Nice game by Cappa and welcome back Hilton.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote