Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades vs Seahawks
Volson’s grade is stunning to me. My head is bleeding from scratching it so hard…
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:58 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He was playing against a backup RT all game he should have been making plays all game long. Hubbard gets a long leash since he is from here, he really is just a guy nothing special. Needed an upgrade here for a long time at the very least give a younger guy snaps at Hubbard's spot. He is a high motor guy that cannot finish the sack.

Do you even watch?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Logan Wilson not being graded above a 60 is another head scratcher....

- 11 tackles (9 solo)
- 2 tackles for loss
- 1 sack
- 1 QB hit

Some of those grades didn't match up with what my eyes saw, but Wilson I do recall missing multiple tackles. A couple he got saved on where another guy came and immediately made the tackle after, but he had already slid off, was on the ground, and the runner wasn't.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes the PFF scores look weird, as usual.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you even watch?

Yes I got NFL game pass with condensed and all 22 how bout you?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you even watch?

His best year was 8.5 sacks he is decent against the run. But he had 6 sacks even a 2-sack year. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen Bengals fans call players bums that had 6 sack years at DE. He has never had a double-digit sack year in 6 seasons he is on pace this year, but I see him getting wore down from the number of reps he gets in a game. He will most likely fall off and end up wore out like last year and have around 8 sacks if we are lucky. He does not turn the corner at the top to get to the QB he gets pushed up field and is no longer a threat most of the rushes I see him run. Him and Bj did have a nice stunt if they did that more often, he might be more effective. 

He needs to get rotated in and out to keep him fresh, but it seems we have depth everywhere but LDE even though Sample and Miles back him up on depth chart at LDE. He turned the corner nicely in this game at least once maybe this will be a breakout year for him. I hope so we just need more production from the LDE spot sack wise.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Some of those grades didn't match up with what my eyes saw, but Wilson I do recall missing multiple tackles. A couple he got saved on where another guy came and immediately made the tackle after, but he had already slid off, was on the ground, and the runner wasn't.

That would make sense. I guess I wasn't watching him close enough. I was tending the smoker some here and there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good to see Hilton have a good game...he needed it.

I'd be OK with Cam Sample getting some more snaps. Also, I think it could be time to have a conversation about Karras. Guy has not been good this year.

If there's an opportunity to address in the draft, I think they could.
But 1) I don't they'd even consider a change this year as long Karras is healthy, as the only other alternatives are Hill and Scharping (who is new to C position), and 2) we saw Pollack take Billy Price in 2018, so his drafting of C's is questionable at best.

Bengals won't have enough early draft picks to get all their needs, unfortunately.
Possible positions needing upgraded based on who stays:
TE
1T
RT
WR
3T
RB

Adding C to the mix just will make it even harder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 12:04 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Why wait till next year try to swing a deal before the trade deadline ends. But if we cannot find a team to trade with then I agree get one in the offseason.

Well that would be ideal, getting a Center before the trade deadline.

(10-17-2023, 12:06 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: He is nothing special at all he was left unblocked so many times last year because it takes him 3 sec to process wtf to do go after QB or guard the edge. 

Disagree, Hubbard is about the best run stopping Edge in the NFL, that is special. He has a certain job to do that isn't just 
rushing the passer like Hendrickson. He has to stay disciplined with the running QB's and when he goes after the QB he is 
effective. Hendrickson and Hubbard are about the best Ends in the league at what they do, Trey knocking the ball out and 
Hubbard recovering it.
Reply/Quote
Props to Volson for only allowing one pressure, albeit a sack.
He's now at 3 sacks and 15 total pressures allowed, which is on pace for ~8-9 sacks and ~40-45 pressures for the regular season, which is high.
However, this might finally be the turning point where he starts performing like a solid starter. Fingers crossed it is, but I won't get overly hopeful.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 12:30 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: His best year was 8.5 sacks he is decent against the run. But he had 6 sacks even a 2-sack year. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen Bengals fans call players bums that had 6 sack years at DE. He has never had a double-digit sack year in 6 seasons he is on pace this year, but I see him getting wore down from the number of reps he gets in a game. He will most likely fall off and end up wore out like last year and have around 8 sacks if we are lucky. He does not turn the corner at the top to get to the QB he gets pushed up field and is no longer a threat most of the rushes I see him run. Him and Bj did have a nice stunt if they did that more often, he might be more effective. 

He needs to get rotated in and out to keep him fresh, but it seems we have depth everywhere but LDE even though Sample and Miles back him up on depth chart at LDE. He turned the corner nicely in this game at least once maybe this will be a breakout year for him. I hope so we just need more production from the LDE spot sack wise.

You obviously do not understand the scheme they are playing in. Hendrickson is the hammer, Hubbard is the anvil. You seem to want him to play undisciplined and just rush the passer like Dunlap, which is why he fell out of favor with Lou.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yes the PFF scores look weird, as usual.

I can't even pay attention to PFF anymore. Their numbers are so off what I see when I watch it's like we're watching different games. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 01:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Props to Volson for only allowing one pressure, albeit a sack.
He's now at 3 sacks and 15 total pressures allowed, which is on pace for ~8-9 sacks and ~40-45 pressures for the regular season, which is high.
However, this might finally be the turning point where he starts performing like a solid starter. Fingers crossed it is, but I won't get overly hopeful.

Lmao why do this to yourself? Lol one good game, and now Volson is suddenly becoming a good player? jeez

dont get emotionally invested in volson. He stinks but can have an occasional good game. Just like Jackson Carman

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 10:57 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao why do this to yourself? Lol one good game, and now Volson is suddenly becoming a good player? jeez

dont get emotionally invested in volson. He stinks but can have an occasional good game. Just like Jackson Carman

The biggest play that stands out for me regarding Volson's pass blocking is this play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOWBiMkQ6g4&t=374s
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 10:57 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao why do this to yourself? Lol one good game, and now Volson is suddenly becoming a good player? jeez

I literally said I'm NOT getting my hopes up...

"However, this might finally be the turning point where he starts performing like a solid starter. Fingers crossed it is, but I won't get overly hopeful."

All I am saying is it might happen.
I personally don't think he's worth much of a damn at all and I wanted to end the experiment this past offseason and bring in someone like Dalton Risner.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote