Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF Grades vs the Colts
(12-12-2023, 01:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote:

Freakin' awesome, I always knew he had it in him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote:

It's almost as if Karras and Cappa knew what they were talking about when they said he'd turn into a top guard in the league.....
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 09:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's almost as if Karras and Cappa knew what they were talking about when they said he'd turn into a top guard in the league.....

Well, what they were saying was ''He's not even close to being decent, but maybe someday . . . ''
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 07:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know Hudson had the TD, but I partially blame him for the pick. Bad throw by Jake, but bad effort by Tanner to knock it down.

Team played a great game, ran the ball and stopped a great running team.

Tanner was trying to catch it. It happens
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 09:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's almost as if Karras and Cappa knew what they were talking about when they said he'd turn into a top guard in the league.....

This OL has certainly improved. But the staff and whole team needs to be ready at the beginning of the season. If the OL plays like this in September we aren’t in this shape.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good to see Orlando up there, too.

KC fans will be down bad this week.

I was thinking the same thing about Orlando. Hopefully it's a sign his groin his healing.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 09:22 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well, what they were saying was ''He's not even close to being decent, but maybe someday . . . ''

What they said was he was going to be a top 5 guard in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 10:01 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: This OL has certainly improved. But the staff and whole team needs to be ready at the beginning of the season. If the OL plays like this in September we aren’t in this shape.
This is my gripe. Where is THIS offensive line weeks 1-5? I get not wanting to get guys hurt in meaningless PS games, but that's the one position group that absolutely needs work on the field, as a group, ASAP. Practice reps aren't the same, when the opposing DLine is instructed to not hit the QB or to ease up before contact. I don't care about the vanilla play calling, I just want guys to get in work so they can hit the ground running Week 1 and not Week 4. Play the starting OLine for a series or two game 1. Then again G2. Rest them Week 3. Have them ready to run people over Week 1 of the regular season.
Reply/Quote
Two things amaze me about this:

1. Jake Browning, I never dreamed (from what little we had seen) he was capable of turning in these kind of performances. Just hope it will continue to some large degree.

2. How much better the Oline has performed these last few games. When you look at the basic disasters we've had for a large chunk of the prior parts of this season. I believe the change in play calling/scheme has been beneficial. Them not being in shotgun all day makes a difference.
Reply/Quote

Did anyone notice on the long TD pass to Brown, Volson was way down field not far from Brown when he crossed the goal line. Will we see Volson pulling to lead backs in the future?

Great news is the entire OL is playing better, in 2024 we have at least 4 of the 5 back who are now used to playing together.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 12:12 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: This is my gripe. Where is THIS offensive line weeks 1-5? I get not wanting to get guys hurt in meaningless PS games, but that's the one position group that absolutely needs work on the field, as a group, ASAP. Practice reps aren't the same, when the opposing DLine is instructed to not hit the QB or to ease up before contact. I don't care about the vanilla play calling, I just want guys to get in work so they can hit the ground running Week 1 and not Week 4. Play the starting OLine for a series or two game 1. Then again G2. Rest them Week 3. Have them ready to run people over Week 1 of the regular season.

I discussed and cussed with someone very informed but not an employee of the Bengals yesterday. He said the OL needed time together. Bull crap 4 were hold overs. Pollack is a weak link. It took them to the 10 Th game for good grief

Reply/Quote

Eh, I reserve judgement going forward.  Everyone was hyped when Volson started putting it all together towards the end of last season and he face planted hard out of the gate this year.  I would like to not have to worry about LG for at least the next couple of years, but the guy has been horribly inconsistent.  
Reply/Quote

Please it’s been 3 weeks

I’m happy he’s playing well, but you implying he’s a top guard in the league is embarrassing

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 03:28 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Jake Browning, Chase Brown and Tanner Hudson leading the offense just like we all predicted

I feel many predicted JB, Chase, and T would lead us. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Volson looks good for the same reason the rest of the line are looking good. The line is getting to play under center more and getting to run block and block down more - this allows them to attack the defense and also helps them get in a groove for the game. In other words this system with better run-pass balance and more balance also between under center and shotgun is not hanging the OL out to dry like we were doing with the extreme imbalance to shotgun and extreme lack of run carries.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 08:10 PM)pally Wrote: he's finally past the year mark on the knee and the back has at least calmed down

Did he injury it on Haloween last year? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good to see Orlando up there, too.

KC fans will be down bad this week.

Crazy how they aren’t saying shit right now lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 03:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Volson looks good for the same reason the rest of the line are looking good. The line is getting to play under center more and getting to run block and block down more - this allows them to attack the defense and also helps them get in a groove for the game. In other words this system with better run-pass balance and more balance also between under center and shotgun is not hanging the OL out to dry like we were doing with the extreme imbalance to shotgun and extreme lack of run carries.

Exactly

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 12:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did anyone notice on the long TD pass to Brown, Volson was way down field not far from Brown when he crossed the goal line. Will we see Volson pulling to lead backs in the future?

Great news is the entire OL is playing better, in 2024 we have at least 4 of the 5 back who are now used to playing together.

Yes.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Please it’s been 3 weeks

I’m happy he’s playing well, but you implying he’s a top guard in the league is embarrassing

Reading is fundamental Frank...If that's what you comprehended from what I wrote, THAT"S embarrassing.
Reply/Quote