Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you hit your panic button this draft?
(04-27-2021, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hendrickson is a good player by any metric you want to use. Better than Lawson, IMO.
Ogunjobi is 1000 times better than 2020 Atkins.
Reader being healthy is huge. No he's not a pass rusher, but he can occupy blockers.
Plus Mike Hilton.

Yes, we could use a pass rusher, but I also expect the line to be better than last year, even if we don't take a guy.

Hendrickson isn't better than Lawson. Hendrickson played on a good Defensive line last season while Lawson played on ours. Yet Lawson was still top 10 in pressures and sacks created. Lawson> Hendrickson
Larry being better than Atkins is a silly argument because Geno was hurt last season. Even so Larry doesn't compare to in prime Geno which is what this Defense ultimately needs to replace.
Reader being back is huge but he isn't a game changer and same can said for his back up Tupo.
Mike Hilton come on that is a Hobson level argument bro. He is good Nickle but if that's our answer to improving the pass rush then where in serious trouble.

Even if we improved from last year pass rush by a little that isn't saying much. Going from 32nd in the league to 28th is know where close to being good and is far from the problem being solved.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 11:10 PM)J24 Wrote: Mike Hilton come on that is a Hobson level argument bro. He is good Nickle but if that's our answer to improving the pass rush then where in serious trouble.

How is bringing up Mike Hilton a “Hobspin” level argument? He’s one of the better blitzing DB’s in the league. Last year he had 3 sacks, 8 TFL, and 5 QB hits. And that was in only 12 games.

No one said he’s the answer, but he’ll help. The problem is this is a pretty weak draft for EDGE. At least at the top. I’m hoping the boards falls our way and the BPA is a pass rusher in the 4th. My ideal scenario for our first 4 picks is WR, OT, OG, EDGE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:56 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: have to ask why Carter?  because we traded up for him ? he was dominate, 2nd in Heisman, 23 tds senior year, consensus all american.. and we needed a RB .  Getting hurt after the fact does not impact the draft pick especially since he was healthy in college. 

Sorry Dude.  He was terrible in the NFL.  I've never seen a RB go down as easily as Carter.  He NEVER broke a tackle.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 11:54 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Sorry Dude.  He was terrible in the NFL.  I've never seen a RB go down as easily as Carter.  He NEVER broke a tackle.

In the NFL?  Of course he went down easily -- he was essentially trying to run on one knee.  But in college, he was a pure stud.  Always made the first guy miss (or flat-out trucked them).  Generally took 2-4 guys to bring him down.  Didn't have the elusiveness of Sanders/Dickerson/Payton, but was a more powerful runner and had that 2nd gear in space.  Good receiver out of the backfield, too.  Basically Emmet Smith.  My favorite thing about Ki-Jana is that he always fell forward when tackled, picked up an extra 1-2 yds on nearly every play.  Loved the pick at the time, was gutted when he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How is bringing up Mike Hilton a “Hobspin” level argument? He’s one of the better blitzing DB’s in the league. Last year he had 3 sacks, 8 TFL, and 5 QB hits. And that was in only 12 games.

No one said he’s the answer, but he’ll help. The problem is this is a pretty weak draft for EDGE. At least at the top. I’m hoping the boards falls our way and the BPA is a pass rusher in the 4th. My ideal scenario for our first 4 picks is WR, OT, OG, EDGE.

If our major plan to rebuild the pass rush is Mike Hilton then we're screwed.
 Its a strong edge/DL draft in the 2nd/3rd RDs it would be smart for the Bengals to trade down in the first and get multiple picks so they can  draft multiple lineman in this draft.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 07:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We ran 11 personnel 76% of the time last season, so yes, any WR that can’t play on the outside (the slot is Boyd’s) is not a smart pick, imo.

There are several that can play outside.  There are undersized guys that can play outside.  There are 6'4 guys that can play outside.  

When it comes to WR, give me guys that can score and make plays from wherever they are lined up.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:25 AM)J24 Wrote: If our major plan to rebuild the pass rush is Mike Hilton then we're screwed.
 Its a strong edge/DL draft in the 2nd/3rd RDs it would be smart for the Bengals to trade down in the first and get multiple picks so they can  draft multiple lineman in this draft.

Lets face it this team is not going to be good this year, so they might as well start building the offensive line to give Burrow a chance to have a healthy career.  I would rather they build the team the right way so that if we hit on draft picks we could potentially be Super Bowl contenders in 3-4 years.  First things first though and that is protect Burrow on his surgically repaired knee, because without a QB nothing else really matters does it.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:25 AM)J24 Wrote: If our major plan to rebuild the pass rush is Mike Hilton then we're screwed.

Couldn’t disagree more. There are no pass rushers in this class that are worth not adding one of Chase, Sewell, or Pitts. If they come out of round 1 without any of those guys it’s a huge blown opportunity.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to be pretty nervous if Leatherwood is the only 1st-2nd round graded OT left on the board to start Round 2.

I want Chase, but it's a calculated risk. Unless the team is more concerned with the interior.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Couldn’t disagree more. There are no pass rushers in this class that are worth not adding one of Chase, Sewell, or Pitts. If they come out of round 1 without any of those guys it’s a huge blown opportunity.

Their isn't a big difference between between Chase vs the other Wrs that are projected to go early in this draft and same could be said for Sewell vs the other OTs. 

Also Jaelan Phillips is 100% worth a top 10 draft pick(assuming the Medicals cleared) and would dramatically improve our pass rush.
J24

Reply/Quote
Quote:When do you hit your panic button this draft?

in 3 years
Reply/Quote