Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF OL grades - Week 10
(11-16-2020, 06:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s certainly strange. Price had one halfway decent game (and that’s being generous) vs Tennessee and people were saying he should start to “see what we have” because Hopkins “isn’t the future” or some such.

FIK is still rocking his Billy Price avatar as I type this...lol

The thing that folks miss is the C helps the QB with the line calls. Although Price did ok blocking he missed at least one call that allowed a blitzer to run straight up the middle and sack Joe. It was one of the few sacks that Joe didn't have a hand in creating. 

We need a starting 5 and let them play together the rest of the season. I think it should be

Williams
Spain
Hopkins
XSF
Adeniji
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing that folks miss is the C helps the QB with the line calls. Although Price did ok blocking he missed at least one call that allowed a blitzer to run straight up the middle and sack Joe. It was one of the few sacks that Joe didn't have a hand in creating. 

We need a starting 5 and let them play together the rest of the season. I think it should be

Williams
Spain
Hopkins
XSF
Adeniji

I think this is the best 5 we can roll out there.  
Reply/Quote
That would be my 5 going forward as well. I’m sure Tuner will want his BFF Hart back in there when he’s ready though.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY for the info

I do wish (not just you) would not give comments based on a player's draft position. To me once they make the team whether a free agent or a high pick, it is irrelevant to performance unless I am the owner giving a PR to Tobin or  team's GM. The Pats have a free agent CB playing lights out, we have high draft picks underperforming, but has nothing to do with them being drafted higher, it has to do with them not doing their job.

I understand the higher picks make more money, but the players don't give or earn respect on draft position, they earn it on performance results from each other and the coaching staff.

While I understand the take on draft position, I only brought it up because a late round draft pick is not expected to be even be decent as a rookie, if ever. On the flip side, I expect a 1st round draft pick to come in as a rookie and be a quality starter. I expect a Day 2 draft pick to take 1-2 years before becoming a quality starter at their position.

Any player can play well, and any player can play poorly. However, I just expect that if you're going to take a player earlier in the draft, it's because you expect their ceiling (and floor) to be higher than picking someone later, and as such expect them to become a better player quicker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That would be my 5 going forward as well. I’m sure Tuner will want his BFF Hart back in there when he’s ready though.

Probably.  I'll give Hart credit - he's played much better this season.  But I think now's the time to see if you have anything in Adeniji.  He played admirably yesterday against a good defense.  I'd like to see him replicate that over a larger sample size though.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would anyone want to move Hopkins from Center? He's our best lineman at his position.

I only mentioned sliding Hopkins to OG as a temporary move until we get some other starter(s) back, which should be this week or next week.
Just a temporary move.

Am I wrong to think that Price at C with Hopkins at OG is better than Jordan/Redmond at OG and Hopkins at C?

Maybe it doesn't really matter because all of Price, Redmond, and Jordan are bad.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing that folks miss is the C helps the QB with the line calls. Although Price did ok blocking he missed at least one call that allowed a blitzer to run straight up the middle and sack Joe. It was one of the few sacks that Joe didn't have a hand in creating. 

Williams
Spain
Hopkins
XSF
Adeniji

I'd be fine with that.

I think if we're going to be realistic, the team will probably keep Jordan at LG, put XSF at RG, and put Hart back at RT once XSF and Hart are both healthy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 07:10 PM)MickMack Wrote: Probably.  I'll give Hart credit - he's played much better this season.  But I think now's the time to see if you have anything in Adeniji.  He played admirably yesterday against a good defense.  I'd like to see him replicate that over a larger sample size though.

Hart has been better, but he’s struggled against every team with a dominant pass rusher (Chargers, Browns). I doubt he would have played any better than Adeniji did yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 07:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd be fine with that.

I think if we're going to be realistic, the team will probably keep Jordan at LG, put XSF at RG, and put Hart back at RT once XSF and Hart are both healthy.

Mind boggling to me that you'd keep Jordan in over Spain, but it wouldn't surprise me.  
Reply/Quote
Hart was grading higher before he was hurt.. need him back at Tackle
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't believe so.
Only reason to play Price would be because Hopkins has moved to OG.
But the team likely won't do that.
I'm not sure exactly what to think here. I'm really not convinced that ZT & Co. are any kind of talent evaluators.

Price comes out of college as a 1st rd C. Hopkins was an UDFA out of college at OG. Yet this shit show instead of coaching them up decides they're in the League now and were used wrong in college...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

Williams
Spain
Hopkins
XSF
Adeniji
I'm with you bfine, trouble is: given 8 weeks with Jim Turner a Pro Bowl line would look like a warm pile of shit.

That man has got to go...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bobby Hart trajectory!

So do u buy into PFF ratings that much?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From PFF_Bengals on Twitter:

Adeniji and Spain did decent given one is a rookie 6th round pick and the other is used to playing OG.

They had ability to play Price and/or Finney instead of Redmond/Jordan, but they chose to stick with Redmond and Jordan anyway.
When I mention Price, I don't mean put him at OG. I would have put Price at C and move Hopkins to LG or RG.

How long is it going to take before the Bengals realize that Redmond and Jordan just are not good and shouldn't be starting?
Do you think they replace one or both of them once Williams, XSF, and/or Hart are back?

I want Redmond gone bad ! I'm sick to death of his two drive killing penalties per game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:16 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So do u buy into PFF ratings that much?

They watch the OL a lot closer than the typical fan. That’s for sure. I disagree with them from time to time, but for the most part they usually line up with what the eye test is saying.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I want Redmond gone bad ! I'm sick to death of his two drive killing penalties per game. 

It’s insane. And there seems to be no sign of him cleaning that part of his game up either.

I’d be interested to see how many games he’s had out of all his starts that he didn’t have at least one penalty. I’m guessing not many.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:16 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So do u buy into PFF ratings that much?

Everyone:

"Depends if they agree with me or not"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Everyone:

"Depends if they agree with me or not"

Nah. I never bash them or question their validity even when I disagree with them. Although it’s usually just thinking a guy should have been a little higher or lower. I hardly ever think they’re completely off.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s insane. And there seems to be no sign of him cleaning that part of his game up either.

I’d be interested to see how many games he’s had out of all his starts that he didn’t have at least one penalty. I’m guessing not many.

And if it's driving us insane how is it not driving ZT and co. to go off ?

I'd of told him a long time ago your next false start pack your bags. It's just unacceptable
Reply/Quote
All of you capping on Jordan are forgetting a couple big factors.. dude is only 22 (23 end of Jan). That means he was 21 last year. He is still growing into his body!

Now unless you are a first round OL, odds are it will take a couple years to get it all down. Technique, foot work, diet hands knee bend. He needs to really dedicate himself to mastering that footwork.

What he needs most is a good Mentor and someone to stay after him on that footwork. Show him how its done. This could be where Spain helps the most if he is inclined like that. We need a vet or two on that line.
Reply/Quote