Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF OL grades - Week 10
(11-16-2020, 04:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He may have a high ceiling, but how long will it take to get there? For the past 1.5 seasons, he's been arguably the worst starter.

According to Anthony Munoz when asked the question, up to 3 years.

Im not going to question his knowledge of the O-Line positions just wish MJ would figure it out sooner.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't believe so.
Only reason to play Price would be because Hopkins has moved to OG.
But the team likely won't do that.

Because Hopkins sucked as a guard..... guards have to be able to excel in the run game and not just pass protection.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 07:57 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I'm not sure exactly what to think here. I'm really not convinced that ZT & Co. are any kind of talent evaluators.

Price comes out of college as a 1st rd C. Hopkins was an UDFA out of college at OG. Yet this shit show instead of coaching them up decides they're in the League now and were used wrong in college...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Did you miss the games where 1st Rd. Center Price started at Center?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Because Hopkins sucked as a guard..... guards have to be able to excel in the run game and not just pass protection.

Look at the grade Hopkins had at OG that Ocho posted. He was better than I remembered. That said, he should stay at center. He’s the best option there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From PFF_Bengals on Twitter:

Adeniji and Spain did decent given one is a rookie 6th round pick and the other is used to playing OG.

They had ability to play Price and/or Finney instead of Redmond/Jordan, but they chose to stick with Redmond and Jordan anyway.
When I mention Price, I don't mean put him at OG. I would have put Price at C and move Hopkins to LG or RG.

How long is it going to take before the Bengals realize that Redmond and Jordan just are not good and shouldn't be starting?
Do you think they replace one or both of them once Williams, XSF, and/or Hart are back?

I feel like we're going to see Jonah, Spain, Hop, XSF, and Hart when they're all available. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 04:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I feel like we're going to see Jonah, Spain, Hop, XSF, and Hart when they're all available. 

That's what I'd prefer, but I think Jordan stays as starting LG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's what I'd prefer, but I think Jordan stays as starting LG.

.....and you could very well be right. I'd hope they'd look at how Spain has plugged and played literally off the practice squad after arriving from Buffalo and take that into consideration. If I was inclined to start MJ, it'd be with a very short leash.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Look at the grade Hopkins had at OG that Ocho posted. He was better than I remembered. That said, he should stay at center. He’s the best option there.

I saw that, I just remember Hopkins was not very well thought of until he moved to Center because we couldn't really run behind him at guard.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 04:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I feel like we're going to see Jonah, Spain, Hop, XSF, and Hart when they're all available. 

Hopefully Adeniji has made himself difficult to bench. Kid started a RT in college and have experience on both sides. 

One thing I didn't know about Hakeem until recently was that he received an appointment to the Air Force Academy, but got his offer withdrawn due to peanut allergy. 

If he hadn't had the dream of following his brother's foot steps at the Academy he may have pursued bigger schools and gone much earlier in the draft. 

Hell, I wouldn't be mad if they kept him at LT and saw what Jonah could do at RT. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hopefully Adeniji has made himself difficult to bench. Kid started a RT in college and have experience on both sides. 

One thing I didn't know about Hakeem until recently was that he received an appointment to the Air Force Academy, but got his offer withdrawn due to peanut allergy. 

If he hadn't had the dream of following his brother's foot steps at the Academy he may have pursued bigger schools and gone much earlier in the draft. 

Hell, I wouldn't be mad if they kept him at LT and saw what Jonah could do at RT. 

Adeniji played LT his Junior and Senior year, and said that is where he is most comfortable. We'd probably have to move Williams.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They watch the OL a lot closer than the typical fan. That’s for sure. I disagree with them from time to time, but for the most part they usually line up with what the eye test is saying.

Well with that said.. Hart needs to be back at tackle when healthy.. his numbers were above average for tackle  from the last piece I found from PFF online and I believe the last three games he played he averaged higher than any other lineman on the team.  
Reply/Quote
I think Akeem is going to turn into a solid Tackle in this league, you have to like what you have seen from him thus far.
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't believe so.
Only reason to play Price would be because Hopkins has moved to OG.
But the team likely won't do that.

And at this point there is no reason to take Hopkins and move him.

I'd like to think that they can roll with Spain and either XSF, Jordan or Redmond at the other OG spot.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 09:56 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: And at this point there is no reason to take Hopkins and move him.

I'd like to think that they can roll with Spain and either XSF, Jordan or Redmond at the other OG spot.

I think XSF gets his starting spot back and the Bengals stick with Jordan at LG.
I think Spain backs up Jordan and Redmond backs up XSF.
Just my gut feeling, not what I would do.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 12:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well with that said.. Hart needs to be back at tackle when healthy.. his numbers were above average for tackle  from the last piece I found from PFF online and I believe the last three games he played he averaged higher than any other lineman on the team.  

Hart has graded the highest this year. People are relying on his track record, but he seems to be pretty consistent this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:07 AM)corpjet Wrote: According to Anthony Munoz when asked the question, up to 3 years.

Im not going to question his knowledge of the O-Line positions just wish MJ would figure it out sooner.

3 years is expected for a 4th round pick...but the Bengals need someone who can play well sooner than that.
For every year they wait and hope a draft pick finally clicks, it's another year losing a QB on his rookie contract potentially.
And once a rookie QB lands the big payday, the team can no longer pay as much for putting pieces around him.

Jordan can (and should) learn from the bench IMO.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd set Jordan for awhile and play Spain and XFS. And I'd probably give Finney a look to see what he can do. We know what Redmond is and isn't. I wouldn't cut Jordan's playing time to nothing, but Spain would play most snaps....
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 09:54 AM)Bengal Jim Wrote: I think Akeem is going to turn into a solid Tackle in this league, you have to like what you have seen from him thus far.

He could.
With the added IOL help with Spain and Finney, I think it makes sense to keep Adeniji at OT and let him develop there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just the order I'd rank guys:

C: Hopkins; Price
G: Spain, XSF; (Hopkins), Jordan, Redmond, Calhoun.
T: Williams, Hart; Adeniji, Johnson.

Keepers: Williams, Hopkins, Spain, Adeniji
Too early to tell: XSF
Borderline: Hart

No one we have is good enough for us to pass up the chance to get a stud OL at any spot.
Reply/Quote
Hart is still not good. To everybody pointing to his better PFF grades the two weeks before he got hurt. That was the coaching staff changing the scheme and giving him TE or RB help on most pass plays. Makes Hart look better because he can cheat to the inside if he has TE help, he can cheat to the outside if he has RB help to the inside. While that helps him look like a better player, it hampers the offenses because they have to design around his weak play.
Reply/Quote