Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Predicts RYAN JENSEN WILL SIGN WITH US!
(02-25-2022, 05:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I predict my poop will be brown

(02-25-2022, 05:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Unless you drink grape soda.

(02-25-2022, 07:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Or if you eat the All Crunchberries cereal.  You'll be saying 'Merry Christmas' to your bowl, and not the cereal bowl. 

(02-25-2022, 10:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: As a 6 year old, 5 or 6 of of the green ones of these in a row can freak you out before you flush the next day.

Just sayin'.

[Image: IMG_7432.jpg]

It’s all that Blue-1 artificial food coloring. It makes things fun on both ends.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pro Football Focus has Ryan Jensen signing with us!

I've been stressing about people picking tackles because, first and foremost, I've been saying that we need to protect what's right in front of Burrow, especially in this division.

Jensen blocked for Tom Brady as his first line of defense and he was the highest-paid center at one point, so I'm l think he's definitely worth it.

He'll be 31 by next season so I doubt he'll command a big contract but we have cap room and he'd definitely be worth it.

Releasing Hopkins would also free up cap space to make giving him a nice contract even more manageable.

Do you want him here?

I say we bring him in.

Oh yeah, Jensen, Daniels or Bozeman would be fantastic for our Center situation.

Add in Norwell, Scherff at RG along with Morgan Moses or one of the Browns, Trent or Duane at RT and BOOM.

Job done to open up the Draft. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 11:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It’s all that Blue-1 artificial food coloring. It makes things fun on both ends.

You wouldn't want to see my stuff after St. Patrick's Day Johnny.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 11:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, Jensen, Daniels or Bozeman would be fantastic for our Center situation.

Add in Norwell, Scherff at RG along with Morgan Moses or one of the Browns, Trent or Duane at RT and BOOM.

Job done to open up the Draft. Mellow

Our team would be incredible to watch behind that line!

Popcorn
Reply/Quote
If anyone is interested in things PFF has "predicted" previously:
Pro Football Focus predicts Bengals to sign Patriots OL Joe Thuney
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Last year it was Thuney linked to us at this time of year.

Jensen would be a welcome addition and a nice upgrade but I'm not going to get excited over any FA until they are actually signed.

Boy, do I remember the talk about Thuney signing with the Bengals. At the time, some posters had me convinced it was a done deal. Ohio native, we were going to get him at a discount. 

With that as a lesson, I think I will temper expectations this time around.
Reply/Quote

Or eat Lucky Charms.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 10:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: As a 6 year old, 5 or 6 of of the green ones of these in a row can freak you out before you flush the next day.

Just sayin'.

[Image: IMG_7432.jpg]

Those burned my throat. Hated them.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown should also know that out of all the OL performance in the playoffs (and SB specifically), C was one of the better spots.
RG, RT, and LG will have more focus than C initially, I think.
There's only unproven/bad players at those spots, currently, so they need addressed before C and LT.

That’s really not saying a lot. The last Bengals offensive snap Hopkins blocked air and didn’t attempt to help Spain until it was too late. A Veteran center could help tremendously with this line.
Reply/Quote

Or eat a lot of Oreos.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 03:23 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Those burned my throat. Hated them.

You weren't supposed to swallow them whole. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 11:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Hopkins had a PFF of 51.4 in regular season and a PFF 57.0 in post season. Both of those are bad.  Not Adeniji bad but bad none the less.  Just because we need to address the RG spot doesnt mean we cant also upgrade the C and LG positions too.

Actually, it might mean that, depending on how the rest of FA goes with TE and the defense.
Bengals need RT, RG, and LG addressed first and foremost since the guys who currently would be starting in those spots are Carman, Adeniji, and Prince.
Do you really believe any of those guys is better than Hopkins right now?
I don't.

If you're gonna use PFF ratings, use the better numbers please. Stop using the full season numbers since we know he was recovering from injury the first half of the season and played way worse. Also, please separate out the pass block and run block numbers. His run blocking brings his total grade down.

Some tidbits of info for those that like to use PFF and believe in their ratings:

After the Bye week in regular season:

In the first 3 playoff games:

Including the Super Bowl, Hopkins had a PFF pass blocking grade of 72.3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 11:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Actually, it might mean that, depending on how the rest of FA goes with TE and the defense.
Bengals need RT, RG, and LG addressed first and foremost since the guys who currently would be starting in those spots are Carman, Adeniji, and Prince.
Do you really believe any of those guys is better than Hopkins right now?
I don't.

If you're gonna use PFF ratings, use the better numbers please. Stop using the full season numbers since we know he was recovering from injury the first half of the season and played way worse. Also, please separate out the pass block and run block numbers. His run blocking brings his total grade down.

Some tidbits of info for those that like to use PFF and believe in their ratings:

After the Bye week in regular season:

In the first 3 playoff games:

Including the Super Bowl, Hopkins had a PFF pass blocking grade of 72.3.

Yeah, he played pretty dang good once he was over the injury.

I could live with keeping Hop at Center as long as we take care of the right side of the Line with a top Guard like Daniels,
Tomlinson, Norwell or Scherff and a top Tackle like Moses or Trent or Duane Brown. The problem with Hop is that he just 
hasn't played well at Guard which makes Daniels the best option along with adding 2 more options.

I like Trey Hill if he can cut down on the penalties, but he is all potential and isn't proven at all.
Reply/Quote
I can live with Trey as center, but. RG neeeds improvement more than any other spot

It all comes down to best available pick/FA though, and for the right price
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 04:09 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: That’s really not saying a lot.  The last Bengals offensive snap Hopkins blocked air and didn’t attempt to help Spain until it was too late.  A Veteran center could help tremendously with this line.

from what i've read (i'm no expert) that was more on spain/ donald being one of the best defenders of all time. Apparently spain was supposed to force donald inside to get help from hopkins, he just got beat that bad.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 09:05 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: from what i've read (i'm no expert) that was more on spain/ donald being one of the best defenders of all time. Apparently spain was supposed to force donald inside to get help from hopkins, he just got beat that bad.

Spain picked the wrong time to practically whiff. Donald though looked like he’d have made that play on Jon Hannah or Gene Upshaw. He was not going to be denied. Donald knew he’d be doubled teamed and smartly took the outside rush. Spain had to get some push on him and just didn’t. Burrow had a lot of options with just a second more time. But the OL has to get much better plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
So I'd love to upgrade at Center...but...we'd still have major issues at RT and RG.

Hopkins is probably average to below average.

The guys we started at RT and RG in the SB probably shouldn't even be in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 11:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he played pretty dang good once he was over the injury.

I could live with keeping Hop at Center as long as we take care of the right side of the Line with a top Guard like Daniels,
Tomlinson, Norwell or Scherff and a top Tackle like Moses or Trent or Duane Brown. The problem with Hop is that he just 
hasn't played well at Guard which makes Daniels the best option along with adding 2 more options.

I like Trey Hill if he can cut down on the penalties, but he is all potential and isn't proven at all.

He's played just about as well at OG than he has at C.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Wow, I didn't know that happened. I am going to try it this week!

Any other suggestion for fun (yeah, I know asparagus makes your pee smell)?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 01:26 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I can live with Trey as center...

...but can Joe Burrow?
Reply/Quote