Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Predicts RYAN JENSEN WILL SIGN WITH US!
(02-27-2022, 04:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's played just about as well at OG than he has at C.

Not from what I have seen, disagree here Ocho.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 11:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Actually, it might mean that, depending on how the rest of FA goes with TE and the defense.
Bengals need RT, RG, and LG addressed first and foremost since the guys who currently would be starting in those spots are Carman, Adeniji, and Prince.
Do you really believe any of those guys is better than Hopkins right now?
I don't.

Again, just because the Bengals have other spots they need to take care of, it doesn't mean they also cant upgrade at center too if the opportunity is there.  And why would you suggest something as ridiculous as putting Carman, Adeniji or Prince at center?  Nobody has suggested anything like that but you.   If we can get Bozeman, Jones, Karras or Jensen, would that be an improvement to the O-line at the center position?  Yes 

If we can get Bozeman, Jones or Karras for the same amount of money or less than Hopkins 7.1 million per year, should we do it?  Again, yes,  absolutely.  You improve the line for Burrow while spending the same amount of money you would have payed Hopkins and his 50 something PFF grade.

(02-26-2022, 11:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you're gonna use PFF ratings, use the better numbers please. Stop using the full season numbers since we know he was recovering from injury the first half of the season and played way worse. Also, please separate out the pass block and run block numbers. His run blocking brings his total grade down.

You want us to ignore run blocking because Hopkins cant get any push when we try to run it and it makes him look bad because it brings his PFF down?  LOL, did you really just say that?  Run blocking counts in the NFL too.   Teams do try to run the ball including the Bengals.  Its an important part of an NFL offense.  If he cant run block and we need a 3rd or 4th and 1 like we did in the Super Bowl, what do you think is going to happen?  I think we all watched the result.  Thats who you want on the O-line?  How about we get a free agent that can both pass block well and run block.  Wouldnt the line be better if we did?  And again, if we can get Bozeman, Jones or Karras for the same amount of money, shouldnt we do it? Yes
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 11:10 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Again, just because the Bengals have other spots they need to take care of, it doesn't mean they also cant upgrade at center too if the opportunity is there.  And why would you suggest something as ridiculous as putting Carman, Adeniji or Prince at center?  Nobody has suggested anything like that but you.   If we can get Bozeman, Jones, Karras or Jensen, would that be an improvement to the O-line at the center position?  Yes 

If we can get Bozeman, Jones or Karras for the same amount of money or less than Hopkins 7.1 million per year, should we do it?  Again, yes,  absolutely.  You improve the line for Burrow while spending the same amount of money you would have payed Hopkins and his 50 something PFF grade.

You want us to ignore run blocking because Hopkins cant get any push when we try to run it and it makes him look bad because it brings his PFF down?  LOL, did you really just say that?  Run blocking counts in the NFL too.   Teams do try to run the ball including the Bengals.  Its an important part of an NFL offense.  If he cant run block and we need a 3rd or 4th and 1 like we did in the Super Bowl, what do you think is going to happen?  I think we all watched the result.  Thats who you want on the O-line?  How about we get a free agent that can both pass block well and run block.  Wouldnt the line be better if we did?  And again, if we can get Bozeman, Jones or Karras for the same amount of money, shouldnt we do it? Yes

If you read my post correctly, you would see that I mentioned LG, RG, and RT specifically. I made no mention of putting any of those players at C.

As for ignoring run blocking for Hopkins, I'm bringing it up because 1) I thought everyone agreed pass blocking for Burrow was the priority over run blocking?, and 2) people are posting the single grades, which doesn't show the breakdown of pass block vs run block. So someone assumes that if someone has, for example, a 55 grade, they must be bad. But in reality, they could be good in either pass block or run block and bad in the other. That's all I was trying to say. I thought that was obvious.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pacman claims this is in the works…

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/adam-jones-bengals-ryan-jensen-free-agency

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pacman claims this is in the works…

His source could be anybody and he could be full of shit, but he also could still have some legit connections and this could be a legit source!

LOVE IT! 

This would go A LONG WAY in fixing our offensive line!

Give Burrow a line with our weapons and he'll win a lot of championships!
Reply/Quote
My Super Bowl loss misery is transitioning to the excitement of OL rumors. Please, please, please let us land at least one good FA OL. We'd still have the draft available to us as well to improve the OL.
Reply/Quote
Does Pac share an agent with Jensen or have a friend of the agent. It's huge if true still need 3 more OL if we could match what Chiefs did last season we would be team to beat in the NFL assuming we bring back Bates.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 11:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My Super Bowl loss misery is transitioning to the excitement of OL rumors. Please, please, please let us land at least one good FA OL. We'd still have the draft available to us as well to improve the OL.

Yes sir!

It's AMAZING that this front office sees how close we are and is doing what it takes to build the roster in ways to put us in the best position to get back to the Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
Welp, rumor verified (sort of) by former Bengals star Adam "Pacman" Jones.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/adam-pacman-jones-says-little-birdie-told-him-bengals-are-signing-ryan-jensen-in-free-agency/ar-AAUt6JL?ocid=msedgntp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pacman claims this is in the works…

This better come to fruition damn it.

Hate it when these things are said and it doesn't come about. I am sick of it man. Whatever

But if it happens I will give Adam props for saying it first. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This better come to fruition damn it.

Hate it when these things are said and it doesn't come about. I am sick of it man. Whatever

But if it happens I will give Adam props for saying it first. Mellow

So true, I don't want a Joe Thuney 2.0 where we hyped up him needing to be on the Bengals with nothing actually happening for the OL other than a Reiff signing.

That's on us as the fans though for playing fantasy GM and having wishful thinking.
Reply/Quote
Seems kind of a rich deal, for just an above average Center, past the age of 30. However, it is PFF making the contract prediction. But, why in the heck is PFF making contract predictions, anyway??

Imagine a scenario where a player is negotiating with a team, team offers 3 yr deal worth $8M/per. Player says "But PFF says I'm worth $10M/per? Team might say, well then have PFF sign your checks..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So true, I don't want a Joe Thuney 2.0 where we hyped up him needing to be on the Bengals with nothing actually happening for the OL other than a Reiff signing.

That's on us as the fans though for playing fantasy GM and having wishful thinking.

No doubt, I got blue ballz from so many times being teased. Mellow

(03-01-2022, 03:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems kind of a rich deal, for just an above average Center, past the age of 30.  However, it is PFF making the contract prediction.  But, why in the heck is PFF making contract predictions, anyway??

Imagine a scenario where a player is negotiating with a team, team offers 3 yr deal worth $8M/per.  Player says "But PFF says I'm worth $10M/per?  Team might say, well then have PFF sign your checks..

Bozeman is younger and might be the better grab. Agreed that is too rich for Jensen. Still Jensen is pretty damn good and
would love it if we got him and a couple other FA O-lineman like Daniels and Morgan Moses while bringing back Spain or
adding Laken Tomlinson to boot.

A line of Jonah - Tomlinson - Jensen - Daniels - Moses 

BOOM. No one could say that the FO didn't put out their best effort then...
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, I got blue ballz from so many times being teased. Mellow

Bozeman is younger and might be the better grab. Agreed that is too rich for Jensen. Still Jensen is pretty damn good and
would love it if we got him and a couple other FA O-lineman like Daniels and Morgan Moses while bringing back Spain or
adding Laken Tomlinson to boot.

A line of Jonah - Tomlinson - Jensen - Daniels - Moses 

BOOM. No one could say that the FO didn't put out their best effort then...

If only....
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:58 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: If only....

Hey, we got adequate cap space to do so if this is all we concentrated on besides bringing back our own. No excuses. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, we got adequate cap space to do so if this is all we concentrated on besides bringing back our own. No excuses. Mellow

I think it's definitely possible, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I expect 1 top 50 signing and 1 top 100.. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:01 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I think it's definitely possible, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I expect 1 top 50 signing and 1 top 100.. 

Cannot blame you.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:01 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I think it's definitely possible, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I expect 1 top 50 signing and 1 top 100.. 

Normally, I'd agree and I can't blame you for being skeptical, but, like I said, I think now that Mike Brown has experienced the what it's like to have a team this good and experience this much success that he'll open his wallet and let the football people make the decisions and do what it takes to bring in good players. That's especially true for linemen because he knows protecting Burrow is protecting his wallet.

(I know he "experienced" the success of the 80s and early 90s, but it was a different time and wasn't all under his control.)

After being disappointed being a Bengals fan most of my life and just having no pride in football in the area, you're damn right I'm getting my hopes up!
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Normally, I'd agree and I can't blame you for being skeptical, but, like I said, I think now that Mike Brown has experienced the what it's like to have a team this good and experience this much success that he'll open his wallet and let the football people make the decisions and do what it takes to bring in good players. That's especially true for linemen because he knows protecting Burrow is protecting his wallet.

(I know he "experienced" the success of the 80s and early 90s, but it was a different time and wasn't all under his control.)

After being disappointed being a Bengals fan most of my life and just having no pride in football in the area, you're damn right I'm getting my hopes up!

Yeah, it is different now. The FO opening up their wallets in Free Agency on the Defense paid off. 

The Superbowl just put the emphasis on what this team needs, no excuses, we have the dough and can afford at least 2 top tier
FA O-lineman and if we really wanted could add 4 upgrades and bring back our own as long as the OL remains the main priority.

We don't have a lot of holes if we just bring back our own.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it is different now. The FO opening up their wallets in Free Agency on the Defense paid off. 

The Superbowl just put the emphasis on what this team needs, no excuses, we have the dough and can afford at least 2 top tier
FA O-lineman and if we really wanted could add 4 upgrades and bring back our own as long as the OL remains the main priority.

We don't have a lot of holes if we just bring back our own.

Yep.

I'd like to find a way to keep Bates, but, if it comes down to Bates or offensive line, I'm going o-line every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Burrow proved how good he really is and how he can carry this team, and I think Mike Brown and the front office, like everyone else that knows anything about football, sees that but knows we just need to protect him.
Reply/Quote