Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Rankings
(09-09-2019, 04:35 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Let's keep in mind they threw the ball 56 times yesterday. You're gonna give up a few hurries and an occasional sack throwing the ball that much.

56 thrown passes plus sacks = 61 drop backs

Yep, hard for any OL to protect that many attempts
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: form off the street to starting LT....     andre did better than expected.

Right, he was serviceable. But I’ve seen a couple people talking about how “great” he played. I don’t agree with that.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 56 thrown passes plus sacks = 61 drop backs

Yep, hard for any OL to protect that many attempts

Think it was 56 drop backs 51 pass attempts.

Reply/Quote
Before we get all hot and bothered about however PFF scores our guys, let us remember that they loved Christian Westerman and thought that John Jerry was our best OG through the preseason. Take it all with a grain of salt.
Reply/Quote
Trey Hopkins was the highest rated center of the week

C TREY HOPKINS, CINCINNATI BENGALS
Hopkins had an impressive start to the 2019 campaign for the Bengals, allowing just one hurry from 59 pass-blocking snaps at center. He was also on the field for 16 run-blocking snaps, producing a PFF run-blocking grade of 75.2 on the day.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:03 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Before we get all hot and bothered about however PFF scores our guys, let us remember that they loved Christian Westerman and thought that John Jerry was our best OG through the preseason. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Well, they also favorably rated Hopkins (which I agreed with) when everyone was claiming he sucked...

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:10 PM)pally Wrote: Trey Hopkins was the highest rated center of the week

Love it! Hopkins has been a great story for us the last couple years.

Reply/Quote
Geno (86.5) and Hubbard (88.1) made the all defense team

DI GENO ATKINS, CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Bengals almost shocked the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, and once again Geno Atkins was a force on the defensive interior. On the field for 22 pass-rushing snaps for the Bengals’ defense, Atkins racked up a hit and four hurries. Meanwhile, his lone solo tackle of the game resulted in a defensive stop.

EDGE SAM HUBBARD, CINCINNATI BENGALS
Hubbard moved around the defensive front like he usually does and consistently brought pressure. From 19 pass-rushing snaps, he racked up two sacks and two hits and added a further five tackles resulting in a defensive stop on the day.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:10 PM)pally Wrote: Trey Hopkins was the highest rated center of the week

Hopkins had an impressive start to the 2019 campaign for the Bengals, allowing just one hurry from 59 pass-blocking snaps at center. He was also on the field for 16 run-blocking snaps, producing a PFF run-blocking grade of 75.2 on the day.

I'm going to have to go back and she who that OSU homer was that kept calling Trey garbage after he was named the starter and say "Nanny-nanny-boo-boo".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm going to have to go back and she who that OSU homer was that kept calling Trey garbage after he was named the starter and say "Nanny-nanny-boo-boo".

There was more than one person saying he sucked this preseason. I just didn’t see that at all...

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was more than one person saying he sucked this preseason. I just didn’t see that at all...

Me either, and I was impressed with Trey last season too. I thought he played better than Price. He's been a nice surprise.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Love reading those kind of grades.
Reply/Quote

WOW, that says something right there.  I know it is one game but still.  Maybe move Price to RG?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
As an extra bonus, Huber was the punter on the team of the week too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, he was serviceable. But I’ve seen a couple people talking about how “great” he played. I don’t agree with that.

He was more than serviceable for playing out of position not playing much and playing that defense... come on man
Reply/Quote
According to some of the "experts" on here Price should
Have been starting over Hopkins at C.
How did that turn out so far?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't like to throw around the word Beast very often but it applies to Sam Hubbard yesterday.

BEAST! Mellow

I know I'm a homer, but in hindsight it's funny that people were shocked when team with Zeke Elliot, Mike Thomas, Joey Bosa, Lattimore, Sam Hubbard, Curtis Samuel, and others beat Alabama and Oregon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:05 PM)jason Wrote: I know I'm a homer, but in hindsight it's funny that people were shocked when team with Zeke Elliot, Mike Thomas, Joey Bosa, Lattimore, Sam Hubbard, Curtis Samuel, and others beat Alabama and Oregon.
Well they were on there 3rd string QB  and they play in the MAC 10. Also I'm a no shit OSU hater and still bitter over 2003.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
PUT PRICE AT RIGHT GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPKINS IS OUR DAMN CENTER
Reply/Quote
Nice on Hopkins. I don't recall seeing him have any bad plays.

On this many pass attempts, IF you block them all and don't give up a sack or pressures...it's a big thing. They basically did 2 games worth of pass blocking.
Reply/Quote