Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF Scores-wildcard
Every one of our highest rated players came from the 2020 and 2021 draft classes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I had a feeling Burrow would grade well. It wasn't flashy or "impressive", but given the conditions he did what had to be done -- avoid turnovers.
Reply/Quote
How do they put those stats together?
Reply/Quote
This inspired me to look back at the 2020 class.

Bengals 2020 draft:

Burrow 1 (1)
Higgins 2 (33)
Wilson 3 (65)
Davis-Gaither 4 (107)
Kareem 5 (147)
Adeniji 6 (180)
Bailey 7 (215)

Perfectly reasonable to wonder if this is the strongest Bengals draft class ever. All of them have made a difference, and six are on the team now.
Reply/Quote
But I heard Burrow was “mediocre.” :ninja:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:31 PM)wanga Wrote: How do they put those stats together?

They subjectively grade players on every play on a scale from -2 to +2 (0 being average) and then aggregate into a 0-100 score.
Reply/Quote
Cheers
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:31 PM)wanga Wrote: How do they put those stats together?

Throw darts at numbers written on the wall. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b5bbbd064d1dc05b0a...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Not surprised Cam Sample is that high. It was a night and day difference with him sealing the edge as opposed to Hendrickson.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:28 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I had a feeling Burrow would grade well. It wasn't flashy or "impressive", but given the conditions he did what had to be done -- avoid turnovers.

Yeah, I wouldn't say he was particularly 'on it' yesterday, the offence went nowhere most of the 2nd half. But he led the drives which mattered and critically committed no turnovers. Nothing close to one either I don't think. Similarly to how he was in the playoffs last year to a point, not always an offence which moved the ball, but they didn't give it away much either.

(01-16-2023, 06:32 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: This inspired me to look back at the 2020 class.

Bengals 2020 draft:

Burrow 1 (1)
Higgins 2 (33)
Wilson 3 (65)
Davis-Gaither 4 (107)
Kareem 5 (147)
Adeniji 6 (180)
Bailey 7 (215)

Perfectly reasonable to wonder if this is the strongest Bengals draft class ever. All of them have made a difference, and six are on the team now.

A dream draft that one right? Franchise QB. A very strong WR#2. Wilson is a gamechanger. Davis-Gaither plays well. Maybe the best Bengals draft ever yes.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not surprised Cam Sample is that high. It was a night and day difference with him sealing the edge as opposed to Hendrickson.

Carter played well too. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Carter played well too. 

Yep. He’s really come on in the last few weeks.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not surprised Cam Sample is that high. It was a night and day difference with him sealing the edge as opposed to Hendrickson.

No doubt, best game from Cam Sample of his career. Dude was playing like a beast last night.
Reply/Quote
ADG also had one of the best games of his career as our new special teams Ace...4 tackles and the first INT

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Was really impressed with Sample and Carter last night. Nice recognition by the defensive staff to get Cam more reps to help stuff the run. Baltimore was picking on Trey before that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Dax Hill got less than a 10...
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I wonder if Dax Hill got less than a 10...

Smh I'm so glad for him that they won. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:26 PM)phil413 Wrote: Smh I'm so glad for him that they won. 

I know it's his rookie year, but should we be worried? Did cincy draft a lemon?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know it's his rookie year, but should we be worried? Did cincy draft a lemon?

I'm concerned about him too. It is his rookie year but we aren't even playing him at the position he's supposed to be taking over next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:43 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm concerned about him too. It is his rookie year but we aren't even playing him at the position he's supposed to be taking over next year.

I wouldn’t worry yet. Leon Hall had a rough rookie year then ended up having a really good career
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote