Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Top 50 released with no Bengals listed.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-nfl-2021

Not sure how this list happens and Bates doesn't make the cut.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We are used to no respect. I like it. Makes the player’s hungry.

Reply/Quote
The list didn't even include Lamar Jackson in the top 50

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Because Bates is good but not a game changer and he doesn't have a track record of being good. He was bad in 2019. (He also plays on a terrible defense.)

Stefon Diggs just led the league in receptions and receiving yards. Ronnie Stanley is one of the best T in the game right now. They are 45 and 46. Bates isn't in that company and they are on the bottom of the list.

Gotta clean up those missed tackles, too. Even last year he missed 12.8% of them after 14.5% in 2019.

- - - - - -
(There's a few guys who seem like odd additions to the list, but that's a list for you.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Surprised Bates didn’t make the list. He’s a PFF darling.

Reply/Quote
You’re talking 50 players from roughly 700 starters in the league. A team that only has 6 wins in the last two seasons is most likely not going to have someone show up on that list.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 07:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-nfl-2021

The only value I see in this list, if I hope we have noone in the top 50 salaries/compensation in 2021 and 2022. If so, we are over paying the player based on this info.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 11:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because Bates is good but not a game changer and he doesn't have a track record of being good. He was bad in 2019. (He also plays on a terrible defense.)

Stefon Diggs just led the league in receptions and receiving yards. Ronnie Stanley is one of the best T in the game right now. They are 45 and 46. Bates isn't in that company and they are on the bottom of the list.

Gotta clean up those missed tackles, too. Even last year he missed 12.8% of them after 14.5% in 2019.

- - - - - -
(There's a few guys who seem like odd additions to the list, but that's a list for you.)

Then put Bates in as one of those odd additions instead lol

Yeah, Bates still needs to clean up his tackling, but pay the man!
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Then put Bates in as one of those odd additions instead lol

Yeah, Bates still needs to clean up his tackling, but pay the man!

Never said don't, just not sure how much yet.

Almost need to see 1 more year of production to know for sure. Hard to know exactly at what level to pay him right now with the ups and downs. Maybe 2020 is the new norm for him, maybe he gets even better, or maybe it was like William Jackson's 2017 and is the anomaly. I sure hope it is one of the first two.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
2 months to go..
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 07:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-nfl-2021

It's a very good list overall. Hard to knock any of those guys really.

As far as Bates goes, it's tough to get any recognition when the coaching staff is just the worst in the business.

Reply/Quote
Not surprising, at all.
Reply/Quote
Typical no Bengals although believe that will change next year.

Shocked they left Lamar Jackson off list but happy to see they showed plenty of love to his college teammate and former Louisville Cardinal
Jaire Alexander.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We're barely a top 50 team right now (yes, that's the joke - don't bother coming at me about the number of teams in the NFL).
Reply/Quote

Cause he plays for a team that won 4 games last year on a almost record setting bad defense.
Reply/Quote
Time for Burrow and the boys to take the field & kick a lil ass so they can make the ever-so-important PFF Top 50 list next year.
Reply/Quote
I opened this list expecting only 1 or maybe 2 safeties on the list, and then concluding that safeties just aren't valued in the NFL like they used to be.

But there are 4 safeties on that list. (6 QBs, 5 RB, 2 TE, 8 WR, 5 tackles, 2 guards, 4 DTs, 5 DEs, 4 LBs, 5 CBs and 4 Safeties)

So they seem to think Bates is, at best, the 5th best safety in the NFL.

Seems wrong.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 12:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You’re talking 50 players from roughly 700 starters in the league. 

This.

And I bet there are more QBs than safeties on that list.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised...

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What a slap in the face. Bates is statistically the best safety in the league with little to no help on the defense he has played in.. How could they rank 4 other safeties above him? Shits getting as bad as the pro bowl now. It's a popularity contest.. I choose the payer chosen NFL 100 when it comes to these lists...
Reply/Quote