Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Week 1 Grades - Ravens @ Bengals
Our best offensive lineman was TJ Johnson and he graded out well below 'average'.

Ced was horrible at 36.7 overall. Average is 70.

We only had 1 offensive player rate over average and that was AJ Green.

Our offensive line average grade was 44.83.

All 4 of Daltons interceptions came when he faced no pressure.

Mixon was good in the receiving grade but a 49.4 overall.

On defense Minter had an 84.4 overall. He was good in run defense too. Kirkpatrick and Dennard had above average grades. Kirkpatrick may be becoming a really good CB.

Vigil had a 47.8 which is bad.

Atkins was really solid too.

Lawson had an 81.3 grade for his pass rushing which is good.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/11/16287578/bengals-week-1-pro-football-focus-grades-defense-andy-dalton-ravens
Reply/Quote
I hate our offensive line so much. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Too bad they don't do coaching grades. I'd like to see that in black and white. As badly as the Bengals were outplayed, they were outcoached way more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Boling even played below average.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our best offensive lineman was TJ Johnson and he graded out well below 'average'.

Ced was horrible at 36.7 overall. Average is 70.

We only had 1 offensive player rate over average and that was AJ Green.

Our offensive line average grade was 44.83.

All 4 of Daltons interceptions came when he faced no pressure.

Mixon was good in the receiving grade but a 49.4 overall.

On defense Minter had an 84.4 overall. He was good in run defense too. Kirkpatrick and Dennard had above average grades. Kirkpatrick may be becoming a really good CB.

Vigil had a 47.8 which is bad.

Atkins was really solid too.

Lawson had an 81.3 grade for his pass rushing which is good.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/11/16287578/bengals-week-1-pro-football-focus-grades-defense-andy-dalton-ravens

It doesn't count as pressure when the defense pushes the OL into Dalton's face? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The two tipped interceptions I really don't put on Dalton they were simply good plays by defenders.. The last interception and the one in the endzone were horrible decisions.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: The two tipped interceptions I really don't put on Dalton they were simply good plays by defenders.. The last interception and the one in the endzone were horrible decisions.

I feel the same way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Vigil another guy i wasnt a fan , plays kinda soft n misses a few tackles that look routine. Yes we all hate the oline except for giggles n piano man
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:27 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Vigil another guy i wasnt a fan , plays kinda soft n misses a few tackles that look routine.  Yes we all hate the oline except for giggles n piano man

The missed tackles at time were an issue but he made some decent plays too. That is a guy  I think by the end of the year can be a solid starter. He made a heads up play diving under that tipped ball for the int.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boling even played below average.

An average OL is going to look worse when the players around him are worse. An average OL is going to look much better if the players around him are better
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: The two tipped interceptions I really don't put on Dalton they were simply good plays by defenders.. The last interception and the one in the endzone were horrible decisions.

It appears Andy telegraphs his throws to me.  It seems like year after year he has a problem with batted balls.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:44 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: It appears Andy telegraphs his throws to me.  It seems like year after year he has a problem with batted balls.

This falls into the nit picking thing. Suggs got some serious air and the one to Green was a great play with the guy jumping up and reaching behind himself to get a finger on it. All Qb's get balls tipped.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:44 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: It appears Andy telegraphs his throws to me.  It seems like year after year he has a problem with batted balls.

The one tipped that was thrown to AJ was read by the LB as Andy basically looked solely at AJ.

The second one that went high in the air was on CedO or coaching or both. It was a 3 step dropback quick pass, and Ced himself did a 3 step drop. That allowed Suggs to get a run & jump at him as soon as Andy was throwing. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

(09-11-2017, 04:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I feel the same way.

Eh....they aren't as on him as the other two but they still are on him. Have to put the ball where either your guy gets it, or no one gets it. Can't give a guy a chance to make a play by tossing it low enough for them to reach or in one case...bouncing it off of a DL's helmet. Get it up in the air and let Green and Eifert go up and get it over shorter defenders.

Yes, the guys on D made a few athletic plays on those balls, but Andy especially in the red zone is usually really smart about putting the ball where his guy gets it or no one gets it...so it is a little on him for throwing it low enough for them to make a play.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
PFF is the worst with OL grading sometimes.
Reply/Quote
ITs pretty shocking how many people think nick vigil is good. Does anyone actually watch the guy against 1's on tape? He has decent instincts when the ball is snapped, but from there is pretty bad, he needs to add about 30 pounds to his frame. Did anyone see him get absolutely destroyed in the hole on that 3rd down run. He gets pushed around like a rag doll out there. There's no way on earth he should be starting in NFL games at this point
Reply/Quote
Danny woodhead abused vigil in the pass game, until he got hurt. Vigil looked worse than Rey M in pass coverage. The INT was being lucky in the right spot he didn't even have to move to catch it. Just not seeing what people see in vigil
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Eh....they aren't as on him as the other two but they still are on him. Have to put the ball where either your guy gets it, or no one gets it. Can't give a guy a chance to make a play by tossing it low enough for them to reach or in one case...bouncing it off of a DL's helmet. Get it up in the air and let Green and Eifert go up and get it over shorter defenders.

Yes, the guys on D made a few athletic plays on those balls, but Andy especially in the red zone is usually really smart about putting the ball where his guy gets it or no one gets it...so it is a little on him for throwing it low enough for them to make a play.

You can't just throw it above people the D lines reach all the time, that is not how trajectory works. They are called throwing lanes for a reason and that is because you have to be open though them especially when making short to intermediate throws. By your logic no drag route could ever be completed because you can't throw a drag with an upward angle impossible of being tipped. On the Suggs tip it is on the offensive line to cut a guy who constantly jumps making him less interested in leaving his feet. On the one to Green those guys get paid to make plays too and that guy made a hell of a play.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can't just throw it above people the D lines reach all the time, that is not how trajectory works. They are called throwing lanes for a reason and that is because you have to be open though them especially when making short to intermediate throws. By your logic no drag route could ever be completed because you can't throw a drag with an upward angle impossible of being tipped. On the Suggs tip it is on the offensive line to cut a guy who constantly jumps making him less interested in leaving his feet. On the one to Green those guys get paid to make plays too and that guy made a hell of a play.

Absolutely, part of your job as an olineman is to keep your man's hands down and out of the passing lanes.  There's more to it than just occupying space.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
How is Geno rated that low?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote