Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers

Pratt's performance against the run was the best i've seen from a Bengals LB in years. Probably since early Burfict. Attacking and sniffing out lanes like a MONSTER.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
At 19 seconds Pratt and Wilson look like mirror images.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Top 5 on Offense:

1.) Joe Burrow- 91.4 What else can you say about Burrow other than the league should be scared to death now that he has adapted to the two deep safety look and can beat you any number of ways.

2.) Tee Higgins- 89.1 I have heard rumblings that Tee was in the coach's ears trying to explain what he was seeing and how they could exploit it. Talk about 150 yards the hard way. No bombs, but one 33 yard reception. Great overall game and much needed, by Tee.

3.) Jonah Williams- 78.5 Total surprise here, but maybe Jonah is feeling better with the injured knee earlier in the season.

4.) Trenton Irwin- 74.6 Only 3 receptions, but they were huge (on 4 targets). So fricking cool to see Burrow and guys so happy for him when he got a game ball.

5.)Joe Mixon- Only 14 snaps, but a strong 70.7. Oddly, he had a 90.0 in the receiving game. Perine had a 69.5 in the pass game. Did they get them mixed up?

Top 5 on Defense:

1.) Germaine Pratt 91.5 Holy shyt! Pratt was dominant and they really needed him to be.

2.) Trey Hendrickson 79.6 Trey really seemed to turn it on in the 2nd half, and helped to seal the win. Great game.

3.) Sam Hubbard 78.3 Loves to beat up the steelers. Great game by the DEs.

4.) Logan Wilson 68.1 Score doesn't seem indicative of his impact. The steelers sure respect him because they rarely challenged him.

5.) BJ Hill 65.8 Solid overall game

Others:

DJ Reader a 46.2 I think PFF doesn't understand his role a lot of the time. The LBs don't have the games they did without Reader occupying the middle.

CTB: 58.6 12 tackles, but one BS penalty probably hurt his score. Rated ahead of Bates and Apple.

Cam Sample: 58.1 Played 32 snaps, did well in his opportunity.

Cordell Volson 41.1 Thought he looked a lot better than that. A measly 14.1 in pass blocking. 55.1 in run blocking

La'el Collins 61.5 with a score over 70 in the run game. Thought this was his best game.

Ted Karras- 55.6 An odd 78.7 in pass blocking, but a 47.3 in run blocking. Wonder how much of that was running in to a really loaded box.

It might take Reader a little more time to get in game shape.He was out for quite a while.We’ll really need him against the Titans. I’m glad he got to in a game before we face the Titans Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:57 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
Pratt's performance against the run was the best i've seen from a Bengals LB in years.  Probably since early Burfict.  Attacking and sniffing out lanes like a MONSTER.

It was a good day to be a bald-headed brother with a big beard. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's going to be interesting to see what the organization thinks regarding Jonah's next contract.

Jonah was worlds better against Pitt. I'd have to pay closer attention but when i re-watched, i only recall him getting knocked off balance once on a spin move. Other than that his balance and footwork were where they were expected to be at the start of the year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:22 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Just from the eye test I don't think Reader had a very good game. Although I think it was to be expected and probably gonna take him some games to get back into it.

Where did people see the game ball to Irwin? He deserved it for sure and he really did make some big plays for us last night the catch and run down the sideline was very nice.

It is very difficult for a fan to evaluate a NT having a good game. Many plays require the NT to contain 2 olineman, preventing one from getting to the next level thus keeping the LBs clean.  Pratt and Wilson having good games and PFF scores seems to reveal that the dline did a great job, especially on duos.

Game balls went to Irwin, Tee, Perine, Hubbard, Trey, Burrow, and Stanley Morgan.  Pratt may get a delayed game ball after coaches watched the tape.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 312974968_428773389435575_65381946765548...e=63822E25]

Reply/Quote
Pratt played great! No doubt Reader probably helped the linebackers by being on the field.

I follow PFF but it just doesn’t seem to gel with the eye test. I thought the whole O line played well and that might have been Collins’s best game. ? Tough to see how Reader and Collins were so low.

Doesn’t matter. Just feels great to beat shitsburg! Who Dey
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The people that wanted to just give up on Jonah baffled me. Two bad games coming off a dislocated knee.

The guy has shown flashes over his career and has been an at least average player. Hes only 25.

Jonah was objectively and subjectively terrible this year both before and after his injury and has given up the most sacks in the league. 

That said he played really well this week and it was exactly what he and the team needed. If he plays close to that the rest of the way no one will remember the first half of his season.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 09:16 PM)TheFan Wrote: Jonah was objectively and subjectively terrible this year both before and after his injury and has given up the most sacks in the league. 

That said he played really well this week and it was exactly what he and the team needed. If he plays close to that the rest of the way no one will remember the first half of his season.

That gut is getting bigger, though. He has needed to hit the gym since before he was here and every year, that gut keeps getting bigger but his arms and his chest don't. The physical difference between him and Rieff last year was night and day. I had hoped that some of Rieff's conditioning regime was copied by Jonah but no such luck.

[Image: sqd1jcye70281.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...6938f2b3eb]

Spain and Hopkins.
Last snaps in the NFL were as starters in the Super Bowl and no one wants either.
Billy Price and Cedric Ogbuehi have jobs.
That's how bad this O-line was last year.
Williams was the best leftover of THAT.
Hit the gym, dude. Don't make that SB loss the highlight of your career. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 09:58 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That gut is getting bigger, though. He has needed to hit the gym since before he was here and every year, that gut keeps getting bigger but his arms and his chest don't. The physical difference between him and Rieff last year was night and day. I had hoped that some of Rieff's conditioning regime was copied by Jonah but no such luck.

[Image: sqd1jcye70281.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...6938f2b3eb]

Spain and Hopkins.
Last snaps in the NFL were as starters in the Super Bowl and no one wants either.
Billy Price and Cedric Ogbuehi have jobs.
That's how bad this O-line was last year.
Williams was the best leftover of THAT.
Hit the gym, dude. Don't make that SB loss the highlight of your career. 

I got a lot of flack for posting something similar about Jonah early in the season.  Got the old:  "Linemen don't look athletic" garbage like people used to say about John Kruck in baseball.  But this isn't baseball.  You can't hide the guy at first base.  Left tackles have to be extremely athletic and I feel like Jonah lost some of his quickness and has been getting killed by both speed and power rushers.  

I am willing to give him the rest of the season to right the ship due to his knee injury.  I dislocated my kneecap once and it fricking sucked.  To come back and play right after that with a brace was some hero shit and we don't beat shitsburgh if he doesn't have the really good game that he and most of the line did.  

All that being said, I do think the guy needs to get stronger.  When you aren't the biggest or longest, you have to have some special trait.  Jonah's was supposed to be technique and smarts.  Might want to work on strength.  He is in his prime, and there is no reason he couldn't add some real strength in offseason.  
Reply/Quote
This is Jonah walking into last week's game in Pitt. I don't see the pot-bellied out of shape player others see:
[Image: tyg153ltncmra6dsgn2d.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is Jonah walking into last week's game in Pitt. I don't see the pot-bellied out of shape player others see:

People see what they want to see. I remember at the beginning of last year the coaches raving about how Williams had transformed his body and gotten bigger and stronger.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Top 5 on Offense:

1.) Joe Burrow- 91.4  What else can you say about Burrow other than the league should be scared to death now that he has adapted to the two deep safety look and can beat you any number of ways.

2.)  Tee Higgins-  89.1  I have heard rumblings that Tee was in the coach's ears trying to explain what he was seeing and how they could exploit it.  Talk about 150 yards the hard way.  No bombs, but one 33 yard reception.  Great overall game and much needed, by Tee.

3.)  Jonah Williams-  78.5  Total surprise here, but maybe Jonah is feeling better with the injured knee earlier in the season.  

4.)  Trenton Irwin-  74.6  Only 3 receptions, but they were huge (on 4 targets).  So fricking cool to see Burrow and guys so happy for him when he got a game ball.

5.)Joe Mixon-  Only 14 snaps, but a strong 70.7.  Oddly, he had a 90.0 in the receiving game.  Perine had a 69.5 in the pass game.  Did they get them mixed up?

Top 5 on Defense:

1.) Germaine Pratt 91.5  Holy shyt!  Pratt was dominant and they really needed him to be.  

2.) Trey Hendrickson 79.6  Trey really seemed to turn it on in the 2nd half, and helped to seal the win.  Great game.  

3.)  Sam Hubbard 78.3  Loves to beat up the steelers.  Great game by the DEs.  

4.)  Logan Wilson 68.1  Score doesn't seem indicative of his impact. The steelers sure respect him because they rarely challenged him.

5.)  BJ Hill 65.8  Solid overall game

Others:

DJ Reader a 46.2  I think PFF doesn't understand his role a lot of the time.  The LBs don't have the games they did without Reader occupying the middle.  

CTB:  58.6  12 tackles, but one BS penalty probably hurt his score.  Rated ahead of Bates and Apple.  

Cam Sample:  58.1  Played 32 snaps, did well in his opportunity.  

Cordell Volson 41.1  Thought he looked a lot better than that.  A measly 14.1 in pass blocking.  55.1 in run blocking

La'el Collins 61.5 with a score over 70 in the run game.  Thought this was his best game.  

Ted Karras-  55.6  An odd 78.7 in pass blocking, but a 47.3 in run blocking.  Wonder how much of that was running in to a really loaded box.

Must of had Mixon and Perine mixed up. I think Ted got that grade in run blocking cause we only ran the ball to eat 
clock and to make the scum use their time outs. They knew we were going to run it and Heyward is damn good at 
stopping the run. Considering who they were going against both Ted and La'el had a very good outing like you say,
could of been La'el's best game considering. He was great against the Panthers but they don't have a Twatt.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is Jonah walking into last week's game in Pitt. I don't see the pot-bellied out of shape player others see:

Me neither.

(11-23-2022, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: People see what they want to see. I remember at the beginning of last year the coaches raving about how Williams had transformed his body and gotten bigger and stronger.

Yep.

[Image: E1B0gF6XMAIWSab.jpg]

[Image: E1B0gGJXEAE5eiF?format=jpg&name=large]

Reply/Quote

If you get a uniform pic from this season and compare it to last season you will see what we are talking about.  Volson, Karras, and Kappa look like they could bench a fricking house, jonah looks soft.  It's true.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 03:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Me neither.

Yep.

[Image: E1B0gF6XMAIWSab.jpg]

[Image: E1B0gGJXEAE5eiF?format=jpg&name=large]

I sincerely believe those pics were from before last season.  Seriously, we need to get pre-game pics from last year and this year in uniform.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 03:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If you get a uniform pic from this season and compare it to last season you will see what we are talking about.  Volson, Karras, and Kappa look like they could bench a fricking house, jonah looks soft.  It's true.  

[Image: 316403193_6553514417998822_7025749446543...e=63A5D36E]

^^^^^Almost every time they show the o-line walking to the line when going from right to left on the TV screen.

LOL at "see what you want to see" . . . Like I want to see THAT out of shape millionaire. If you have any other ideas why he leads the league in most sacks given up, let's hear them.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Hopefully last week was an indicator that Jonah's knee is better. That injury was leaving him unable to anchor and much slower pivoting.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 04:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: [Image: 316403193_6553514417998822_7025749446543...e=63A5D36E]

^^^^^Almost every time they show the o-line walking to the line when going from right to left on the TV screen.

LOL at "see what you want to see" . . . Like I want to see THAT out of shape millionaire. If you have any other ideas why he leads the league in most sacks given up, let's hear them.
TJ WATT

MYLES GARRETT

PLAYING THROUGH INJURY

MICAH PARSONS

JOE BURROW

Reply/Quote