Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers
[quote='Forever Spinning Vinyl' pid='1282282' dateline='1669232246']

[Image: 316403193_6553514417998822_7025749446543...e=63A5D36E]

^^^^^Almost every time they show the o-line walking to the line when going from right to left on the TV screen.

LOL at "see what you want to see" . . . Like I want to see THAT out of shape millionaire. If you have any other ideas why he leads the league in most sacks given up, let's hear them.

It's not only the gut but look at his arms vs Volsen's. Wow. Big difference. He is doing better though so hopefully the knee is feeling better.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:57 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
Pratt's performance against the run was the best i've seen from a Bengals LB in years.  Probably since early Burfict.  Attacking and sniffing out lanes like a MONSTER.

Thanks for this BTG. Yeah, Pratt was great in this game. Might have to think about giving him an extension too.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 04:46 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: [quote='Forever Spinning Vinyl' pid='1282282' dateline='1669232246']

[Image: 316403193_6553514417998822_7025749446543...e=63A5D36E]

^^^^^Almost every time they show the o-line walking to the line when going from right to left on the TV screen.

LOL at "see what you want to see" . . . Like I want to see THAT out of shape millionaire. If you have any other ideas why he leads the league in most sacks given up, let's hear them.

It's not only the gut but look at his arms vs Volsen's. Wow. Big difference. He is doing better though so hopefully the knee is feeling better.

Yeah, technique trumps ARM size all day, every day:

[Image: USATSI_8290949-1024x716.jpg]

[Image: sptn_will_hernandez_1030-scaled.jpg]

This was when Whitworth was around 332 pounds, while Will Hernandez is 335. Who's the better blocker?

Exactly. Also, Volson outweighs Jonah by like 30 pounds and is a bigger human (longer wingspan, taller), so the arm thing is a silly, "doesn't hold water," argument/notion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't understand people making a big deal out of an O-lineman's weight unless it is the problem.

The problem with Jonah has been his knee, not his weight, he has been injured.

We don't want our OL being lightweights either.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 07:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't understand people making a big deal out of an O-lineman's weight unless it is the problem.

The problem with Jonah has been his knee, not his weight, he has been injured.

We don't want our OL being lightweights either.

Weight . . . I'm not so concerned. A slowly growing belly over 4 years? Yeah. It's easier to get these guys off balance with a simple cut back or spin move and that gut can't be good for a guy with problems staying healthy.

Look at the pic of Whit above. At no time as a Bengal have I seen Williams where his chest was bigger than his gut. I don't remember seeing Whit with a gut bigger than his chest. I was going to compare the two earlier as polar opposites. Whit was a LG that moved to LT . . . Williams looks like a future LG that's playing LT.

PFF before the season started. Collins at #13 . . . Williams at Honorable Mention after #32 and an injured Becton
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-offensive-tackle-rankings-tiers

This one had him at #31
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-32-nfl-offensive-tackles/

I don't know where he's currently ranked this season.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 08:36 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Weight . . . I'm not so concerned. A slowly growing belly over 4 years? Yeah. It's easier to get these guys off balance with a simple cut back or spin move and that gut can't be good for a guy with problems staying healthy.

Look at the pic of Whit above. At no time as a Bengal have I seen Williams where his chest was bigger than his gut. I don't remember seeing Whit with a gut bigger than his chest. I was going to compare the two earlier as polar opposites. Whit was a LG that moved to LT . . . Williams looks like a future LG that's playing LT.

PFF before the season started. Collins at #13 . . . Williams at Honorable Mention after #32 and an injured Becton
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-offensive-tackle-rankings-tiers

This one had him at #31
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-32-nfl-offensive-tackles/

I don't know where he's currently ranked this season.

I get your points here FSV. Jonah ain't no Whit that is for sure. I just like seeing him playing better the last game.

It would be different if he was still playing like he was against the Stains but he isn't. Just throwing this out there...

Volson at LT could be a thought next year if we don't pick up Jonah's option or Draft a LT in the first round at 32. Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 07:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This was when Whitworth was around 332 pounds, while Will Hernandez is 335. Who's the better blocker?

Not sure what point you're trying to make here when he was talking about conditioning, not just weight.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 08:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure what point you're trying to make here when he was talking about conditioning, not just weight.

Arm size.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 03:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Arm size.

Even though you still seem to be missing the main point of conditioning.... you saw two guys with nearly identical arm length (2/8" difference) side-by-side in the same picture and decided your counter point would be posting two guys in two different pictures taken at two completely different angles and vastly different distances, with one of the guys having 3" longer arms than the other?

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 10:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even though you still seem to be missing the main point of conditioning.... you saw two guys with nearly identical arm length (2/8" difference) side-by-side in the same picture and decided your counter point would be posting two guys in two different pictures taken at two completely different angles and vastly different distances, with one of the guys having 3" longer arms than the other?

I was showing that arm size doesn't = OL ability.

I can't believe how much that went over your head; I was fairly explicit in my post...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 10:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:

I was showing that arm size doesn't = OL ability.

I can't believe how much that went over your head; I was fairly explicit in my post...

You were showing something that wasn't really the point of what you were replying to. Nobody claimed arm size = OL ability. Just that Jonah didn't look like he was working out/in shape. As I have said for a third time now, it was mostly about conditioning and you latched onto a minor bit and then used the most mismatched "evidence" for it. The reason the picture was posted was to talk about his gut because someone else said they hadn't seen it. Even if the point was arm size, you didn't show anything because two completely different photos taken at completely different angles, at completely different distances, with completely different arm lengths, with one of the guys being shiny covered in sweat... Is not even close to a comparison between two guys in the exact same photo at the same angle with same arm lengths.

I can't believe how much that went over your head; they were fairly explicit in their post... (See, I can be condescending too.)

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: TJ WATT

MYLES GARRETT

PLAYING THROUGH INJURY

MICAH PARSONS

JOE BURROW

Fair points, all....But I do believe putting on bad weight sure has not helped him and he doesn't look very strong.  You might ask why I say that about strong...for one, if you are going to be a huge lineman over 300 lbs,  I would expect your arms to look a bit more intimidating.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 10:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You were showing something that wasn't really the point of what you were replying to. Nobody claimed arm size = OL ability. Just that Jonah didn't look like he was working out/in shape. As I have said for a third time now, it was mostly about conditioning and you latched onto a minor bit and then used the most mismatched "evidence" for it. The reason the picture was posted was to talk about his gut because someone else said they hadn't seen it. Even if the point was arm size, you didn't show anything because two completely different photos taken at completely different angles, at completely different distances, with completely different arm lengths, with one of the guys being shiny covered in sweat... Is not even close to a comparison between two guys in the exact same photo at the same angle with same arm lengths.

I can't believe how much that went over your head; they were fairly explicit in their post... (See, I can be condescending too.)

Quote:It's not only the gut but look at his arms vs Volsen's. Wow. Big difference

That was the line I was referring to; even bolded it. Again, don't know how anyone could miss that, as I was quite explicit.

You're condescending 99% of the time, so that's par for the course for you: big deal ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
OK, which one of you assbags gave this thread three stars? Seriously? All the work I put in to copying the numbers and trying to add some humor? Is it because it went off the rails and became a debate about Jonah?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: OK, which one of you assbags gave this thread three stars?  Seriously?  All the work I put in to copying the numbers and trying to add some humor?  Is it because it went off the rails and became a debate about Jonah?

You're going to debate Jonah's gut size and how it affects his play and you're going to like it. 

Fun post btw. I do enjoy seeing the PFF numbers.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 10:53 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're going to debate Jonah's gut size and how it affects his play and you're going to like it. 

Fun post btw. I do enjoy seeing the PFF numbers.

I laughed way too hard at this...

I read that in Judge Smails voice "You'll get nothing and like it!".   Hilarious

And FWIW, I would like to see a Jonah XL addition that puts on about 20 lbs of good weight and mostly in the gas tank (ass).  That is what moves guys and prevents you from being moved.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 10:44 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That was the line I was referring to; even bolded it. Again, don't know how anyone could miss that, as I was quite explicit.

You're condescending 99% of the time, so that's par for the course for you: big deal ThumbsUp

C'mon fellas!  Let's save the venom for who deserves it!!!

Here is a list in case you need help identifying who deserves it:

The steelers (all and always)
steelers fans (ditto)
The city of pittsburgh (disgusting)
Former steelers
Former steeler coaches
Fat, unemployed individuals that think because they root for a team that has won six championships (though most of those players are dead from horse steroid abuse and most were won when TVs were black and white) that they are somehow "winners".  Wait, I already did that one (#2).  Sorry, my bad.
Roger Goodell- a steeler at heart and a complete assbag
Any TV announcer not named Kevin Harlan or Chris Collinsworth 
Any parent that buys a kid steeler gear (that's abuse)
Any female steeler fan that has extensive plastic surgery (that's not fair, just accept that God didn't create hot female steeler fans....No such thing.
DeShawn Watson

I think that covers it?
Reply/Quote
I did rate the thread 5 stars Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 11:14 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I did rate the thread 5 stars Wink

I would blame Fred, but he hasn't been around for a while?  Banned?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 11:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would blame Fred, but he hasn't been around for a while?  Banned?

Yeah, we talked about it last month; I had mentioned that Fred has had these little bannings here and there and he'd be back soon...

… then someone said that he posted (as a joke, but still something you shouldn't post) an image of a Klansman or something, that was swiftly taken down.

It was either Nicomo or Faulk, but they responded, "don't think he's coming back after that," and I'd tend to agree with that notion.
Reply/Quote