Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades
I can't remember the last time we had so many players who did so well

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Somebody will be along shortly to say "It was against Tennessee"
Reply/Quote
It was against Tennessee... a team that was in the AFC championship last year. :) Who dey!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody will be along shortly to say "It was against Tennessee"

Which amazes me because they were 5-1 and a missed fg from OT with Pittsburg. Its not like we played the damn Jets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow. The O-line pass block grades are not good.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:18 AM)thillan Wrote: Wow. The O-line pass block grades are not good.

Care to share?
Reply/Quote
That Auden Tate grade...

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:18 AM)thillan Wrote: Wow. The O-line pass block grades are not good.

Did you expect our OL missing 4 starters to have a great day? I was shocked they did as well as they did. Burrow bailed them out many times, 1st game I saw him make numerous little moves in the pocket to buy more time and then how he escaped the one rush numerous times was fun to watch.

I love hoe Joe seems to always have hos eyes up looking to make a play downfield versus tuck and run for his life.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
There is no way in hell they are right. Price had the best center play I have seen in 20 years on this team an spain looked beyond great yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:28 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: There is no way in hell they are right. Price had the best center play I have seen in 20 years on this team an spain looked beyond great yesterday. 

Seriously? Billy Price has one decent game and he’s better than Rich Braham now? C’mon people...

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously? Billy Price has one decent game and he’s better than Rich Braham now? C’mon people...
Sorry 15 years. Does that make you feel better. It was the best play at center since Braham. Jesus I thought you could see my point. Must have googled Brahams last year played to see if it fit in that 20 year window.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:28 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: There is no way in hell they are right. Price had the best center play I have seen in 20 years on this team an spain looked beyond great yesterday. 

I think they looked great in real time but I’d be willing to bet that if we went and rewatched the All-22, we would see quite a bit to pick on. It was still a pleasantly surprising performance from the backups and I am very happy with what we saw, but I’m sure there was plenty of mistakes made that just weren’t capitalized on.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:39 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Sorry 15 years. Does that make you feel better. It was the best play at center since Braham. Jesus I thought you could see my point. Must have googled Brahams last year played to see if it fit in that 20 year window.

Kyle Cook had some damn good games before he got injured and his career declined.
Reply/Quote

Because the pass blocking wasn't good. I said it in another thread, I need to watch it back but Burrow had to make guys miss far more than just the one play people keep fawning over. The idea this back up line was amazing is premature, especially with as bad as the Titans pass rush actually is. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:39 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Sorry 15 years. Does that make you feel better. It was the best play at center since Braham. Jesus I thought you could see my point. Must have googled Brahams last year played to see if it fit in that 20 year window.

Well, I don’t think he’s better than Hopkins either, but that’s at least a much less egregious statement.

Price was solid. But let’s not get carried away. I think the scarlet tinted glasses might be coming into play here a bit for some people...

Reply/Quote
I thought yesterday was the perfect balance of rookie Burrow and pro Burrow. What I mean by that is that he showed his elusiveness when needed, but threw it away or for a check down when needed as well. Other than the INT that we luckily escaped thanks to the refs, he played another great game.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:41 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think they looked great in real time but I’d be willing to bet that if we went and rewatched the All-22, we would see quite a bit to pick on. It was still a pleasantly surprising performance from the backups and I am very happy with what we saw, but I’m sure there was plenty of mistakes made that just weren’t capitalized on.

The bad snaps alone should disqualify it from “best game in 20 years.”

Reply/Quote

Kyle Cook was a very underrated C for the Bengals. He was better than Price was yesterday.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:41 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think they looked great in real time but I’d be willing to bet that if we went and rewatched the All-22, we would see quite a bit to pick on. It was still a pleasantly surprising performance from the backups and I am very happy with what we saw, but I’m sure there was plenty of mistakes made that just weren’t capitalized on.
You may be correct Goose.
Reply/Quote

This is how it always is.
People are quick to dismiss PFF as garbage, but PFF analyzes every player on every play MUCH closer than the fans do during a game. Watching the All-22, focusing on a specific individual, and rewatching the same play over and over like they do will uncover things that simply are not observed during live TV broadcasts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote