Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades
(11-02-2020, 05:45 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I think Larry Moore was our back up center, and he went down either that game or the next game.

Ghiaciuc
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry but giving anyone a 19.8 on pass protection on a day when they not only gave up no sacks but also not a lot of pressures and provided a clean pocket most of the time shows PFF OL scores are not trustworthy. 19.8 basically means you were a turnstile.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This is how it always is.
People are quick to dismiss PFF as garbage, but PFF analyzes every player on every play MUCH closer than the fans do during a game. Watching the All-22, focusing on a specific individual, and rewatching the same play over and over like they do will uncover things that simply are not observed during live TV broadcasts.

And they have at least 2 and sometimes 3 people look at it to confirm the grade. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody will be along shortly to say "It was against Tennessee"

They're damn good on offense...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I don’t think he’s better than Hopkins either, but that’s at least a much less egregious statement.

Price was solid. But let’s not get carried away. I think the scarlet tinted glasses might be coming into play here a bit for some people...

Lets we forget, Burrow is also an OSU alumnus.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 06:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm sorry but giving anyone a 19.8 on pass protection on a day when they not only gave up no sacks but also not a lot of pressures and provided a clean pocket most of the time shows PFF OL scores are not trustworthy. 19.8 basically means you were a turnstile.

They are probably putting some really heavy weight on the bad snapping and missed blitz pickups. I know that Clowney came through untouched right up the middle, which is a cardinal sin and was likely attributed to Price. There was also another block that Price missed in the second quarter, but it was picked up the RB. It was another A gap blitz. I don't remember much else that they could have dinged him for, he seemed to do okay out there. I don't have my NFL Gamepass anymore, but someone who does might be able to shed some more light onto it with the All-22 film.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 05:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Most older fans don't need to google Rich Braham's name to know he played within the last 20 years.

Either you're too young to remember, or you're a more recent fan (take your pick).  Regardless, there's no need to insult those of us that are old enough, and long tenured fans to actually remember 2005.

PS Your point still stinks whether you change the year from 20 to 15 to 10.  Billy Price played ok yesteray.  We've had other centers play better than ok at times.  There is no way Billy Price put up the best performance from a center in years.  That take comes from (super) recency bias, or ignorance.

First let me apologize if my comment was taken as an insult. I did not mean for it to be. I try not to be one of the people that do that. Secondly I have been a fan since the 90s so not as long as most of you but I just wasn't born any earlier. I was just trying to say we have all been on here complaining about the center position for years. Since Ghiaciuc I do believe. I thought Price had 2 very good games in a row. It would be nice if it continued and we would have one less long term hole to fill.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My only problem with PFF, and they’ll same the same thing, is they don’t know exactly what the players are being coached to do. They have to make educated guesses, but the proof is in the pudding, by the end of the year they generally have the best players rated the highest. Which is why they break the numbers into tiers. The number might not be exactly right to the decimal point, but the tiers are generally accurate.

They also don't consider quality of opponent.  When you play in the AFC North (at least this year), you face some tough teams in Cleveland, pitt, and Baltimore. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 06:59 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Lets we forget, Burrow is also an OSU alumnus.

Yeah, but it was LSU that made him great. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 07:00 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They are probably putting some really heavy weight on the bad snapping and missed blitz pickups. I know that Clowney came through untouched right up the middle, which is a cardinal sin and was likely attributed to Price. There was also another block that Price missed in the second quarter, but it was picked up the RB. It was another A gap blitz. I don't remember much else that they could have dinged him for, he seemed to do okay out there. I don't have my NFL Gamepass anymore, but someone who does might be able to shed some more light onto it with the All-22 film.

There was ONE bad snap not multiple and the miss on Clowney was already identified as being on Calhoun. I saw the whole game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 06:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm sorry but giving anyone a 19.8 on pass protection on a day when they not only gave up no sacks but also not a lot of pressures and provided a clean pocket most of the time shows PFF OL scores are not trustworthy. 19.8 basically means you were a turnstile.

PFF just lost all cred to me after seeing that rating. One of the dumbest things Ive seen in a long time honestly. 19.8? Haha, I give PFF a 0.01 overall rating for that kind of stupidity and blindness.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, but it was LSU that made him great. Tongue

Theeeee Louisiana State University.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 04:52 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Vonn Bells play was impressive. He has been struggling this year so it was nice to see him come finally alive and make a difference out there. The Titans are a really good team minus having no pass rush all year, this is by far ZTs biggest win.

I know the fans are in the "it's one game", but Vonn was coming in to a completely new defense, and it seems to me that he is asked to do a lot more coverage work than in the box stuff.  He is adapting and if he comes on strong, he could be a huge missing piece to this defense.  We just need Hubbard back and Lawson to step up and get more pressure from the edges then it will start to look like a playoff caliber defense.  I think the back end has largely done a really good job given the lack of pass rush.  Ask the Titan's DBs how hard that is....
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:40 AM)Joelist Wrote: There was ONE bad snap not multiple and the miss on Clowney was already identified as being on Calhoun. I saw the whole game. 

There were two other bad snaps outside the fumble that Burrow's reactions saved from being a potentially much larger problem.  
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know the fans are in the "it's one game", but Vonn was coming in to a completely new defense, and it seems to me that he is asked to do a lot more coverage work than in the box stuff.  He is adapting and if he comes on strong, he could be a huge missing piece to this defense.  We just need Hubbard back and Lawson to step up and get more pressure from the edges then it will start to look like a playoff caliber defense.  I think the back end has largely done a really good job given the lack of pass rush.  Ask the Titan's DBs how hard that is....

Lawson is currently a top 10 disruptor according to Next Gen Stats
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 05:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ghiaciuc

Ghiaciuc:  Pronounced "Guy-CHECK", latin for:  "One who stands and is moved as he were on roller skates".  
Reply/Quote