Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades
Our QB threw for over 370 yards with 0 sacks and very little pressure. Our RBs ran for 166 yards at over 5 YPC. If grading low on PFF is a result of that; I'll gladly take it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He made a great play chasing Watson to the sideline on 2nd and goal.

PFF grades are misleading. Just like Ben Baby thinks he missed his gap, but he says it wasn’t his gap. These are the types of disconnect between analyst and player that lead to funky grades.

He also made a nice stuff on David Johnson, behind the line, late in the game.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Our QB threw for over 370 yards with 0 sacks and very little pressure. Our RBs ran for 166 yards at over 5 YPC. If grading low on PFF is a result of that; I'll gladly take it.

Where was this "very little pressure" when Burrow was at the helm? 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Where was this "very little pressure" when Burrow was at the helm? 

Easier when you’re playing the 31st rank defense in the league.

Also, Burrow did hold the ball a little long sometimes. I think we forget that while he may be amazing, he was also a rookie and learning on the job.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Easier when you’re playing the 31st rank defense in the league.

Also, Burrow did hold the ball a little long sometimes. I think we forget that while he may be amazing, he was also a rookie and learning on the job.

Eh, Burrow also had guards like Jordan and Redmond out there...

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, Burrow also had guards like Jordan and Redmond out there...

Burrow ain’t untouchable. He made plenty of rookie mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Burrow ain’t untouchable. He made plenty of rookie mistakes.

Ofc he did, but 48 sacks allowed is not just rookie mistakes. That’s atrocious OL play.

Actually, only 32 of them were against Burrow. So that’s 16 against Finley and Allen in just 5.5 games. Terrible.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

Just like theLL said few days ago. If we go into next season with Spain,Hop,XSF as our interior Oline we're asking for trouble. 

We have to temper our elation over the Oline being "ok" now and confusing that with good. We were awful with a capital A and it's just fools gold believing it's all good now.

We still need at least 2 if not 3 upgrades on our 2021 Oline.

This x 100
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: easily Jesse Bate's worst game of the season.  He was credited with 4 missed tackles

I can't believe that is Pratt's grade.  Thought the guy looked very good.  Bynes looked OK, but has no range.  

Sims?  He just belongs with the name:  BOTTOM 5 on his jersey.  Can we PLEASE see Winston Rose?  I think WJIII is going to miss this game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Especially that Pratt grade. After what was probably the best game of his career against Pittsburgh.

Yeah...Wow - What a terrible grade!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:45 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Phillips since returning has been the best defensive player on the team.

Dead on....and you can see the dramatic fall off when Sims is on the field.  Phillips could allow us to let WJIII go, but they still need to draft at least one fairly high for quality depth.  
Reply/Quote
I don't get the Pratt love at all. I think he's been mostly bad. Pre-snap he stands there flatfooted with his arms dangling by his side unprepared and slow to react. misses tackles, takes the wrong hole, is bad in coverage, etc. i mean he's been better than the garbage the last couple years by damn, we need an upgrade or he needs to improve.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair, that's by far his worst game.

As to the OP, some of those scores on defense are ugly!

And although Turner seems to be completely lost in such matters, Spain has been a really good mauler on short yardage on the right side.  That is a big asset for a RG.  Hart has actually been a fairly stout run blocker as well.  No surprise the rushing attack takes off (even had a respectable night against pitt) when the right side of the line is settled.  And they did that with Gio and Perine. 

I did the wrong long shot bet yesterday.  Drew Sample with the Bengals winning was a $1400 payoff on a $10 bet.  Perine had the same bet winning $1250 on a $10 bet.  Damn.  Should have done both.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Where was this "very little pressure" when Burrow was at the helm? 

This is not the same line Burrow had. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 04:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And although Turner seems to be completely lost in such matters, Spain has been a really good mauler on short yardage on the right side.  That is a big asset for a RG.  Hart has actually been a fairly stout run blocker as well.  No surprise the rushing attack takes off (even had a respectable night against pitt) when the right side of the line is settled.  And they did that with Gio and Perine. 

I did the wrong long shot bet yesterday.  Drew Sample with the Bengals winning was a $1400 payoff on a $10 bet.  Perine had the same bet winning $1250 on a $10 bet.  Damn.  Should have done both.  

Yeah, you should've...lol.

Anyone else see Bobby Hart running over, and I mean sprinting, to help up Allen after that late keeper? He was even shoving dudes to get to Allen. Yeah, he's replaceable, but these are things you like to see when a team is out of the hunt. I think the "losing the locker room" stuff was BS.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: easily Jesse Bate's worst game of the season.  He was credited with 4 missed tackles

I find that Spain assessment very surprising....thought he played well especially in the run game.

While i have doubts sometimes in his pass pro there is no way we have 2 consistently better guards than him.  I think he's worth carrying over to next year.
Reply/Quote
I know Bates had a rough game, but he’s PFF’s 4th highest graded defensive player for the season.

Absolutely ridiculous he didn’t get voted to the Pro Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know Bates had a rough game, but he’s PFF’s 4th highest graded defensive player for the season.

Absolutely ridiculous he didn’t get voted to the Pro Bowl.

Playing on a 4 win team will do that to you.

Dude is playing better than anyone expected, I said at the start of the year I could see him being top 5 never anticipated him being the best safety in the league.

Team needs to make sure and get him an extension sooner rather then later.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, you should've...lol.

Anyone else see Bobby Hart running over, and I mean sprinting, to help up Allen after that late keeper? He was even shoving dudes to get to Allen. Yeah, he's replaceable, but these are things you like to see when a team is out of the hunt. I think the "losing the locker room" stuff was BS.

He’s s good teammate from what I’ve seen. Doesnt mean he’s a good tackle, but I like his spirit.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Playing on a 4 win team will do that to you.

Dude is playing better than anyone expected, I said at the start of the year I could see him being top 5 never anticipated him being the best safety in the league.

Team needs to make sure and get him an extension sooner rather then later.

I remember that 5 not so bold predictions thread we had before the season, and I actually thought Bates becoming a top 10 safety was the least likely...

I’m certainly glad I was wrong on that one. I knew he was good, but I didn’t think he’d be this good. He’s definitely been one of the few bright spots on that side of the ball.

Reply/Quote