Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades (Divisional round)
(01-23-2022, 08:21 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: No, its just common sense.  Pollack's line isnt any better than Turners last year and thats with Turner not having the same talent Pollack has to work with.  Its absolutely ridiculous to claim Pollack is responsible for this team making it to the AFC Championship game when they gave up 9 sacks yesterday on top of the 55 in regular season.  The O line is horrible under Pollack.   Polllack has little to do with this team making it to the AFC Championship.

This is an unpopular take, but it does have some merit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I could've sworn that I saw Mixon blow a block. Shocked
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:27 PM)Synric Wrote: He wasn't in the box so it's considered delayed blitz.

Meh, I consider that an outside blitz. There was no delay on the blitz, bit it's OK to disagree. The folks at PFF didn't but it on Prince and apparently they didn't but it on Adeniji either.

My point was, folks are just saying "prince's fault" because.. Do they understand that Tennessee had a 3 man front. That 3 tech is the guard's responsibility especially with an outside delayed blitz coming. 

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:21 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: No, its just common sense.  Pollack's line isnt any better than Turners last year and thats with Turner not having the same talent Pollack has to work with.  Its absolutely ridiculous to claim Pollack is responsible for this team making it to the AFC Championship game when they gave up 9 sacks yesterday on top of the 55 in regular season.  The O line is horrible under Pollack.   Polllack has little to do with this team making it to the AFC Championship.

Does any credit go to coaching for the job our backup RT did on Maxx Crosby in the wildcard game?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Pollack is not the reason we are in the AFC Championship game.  This line is horrible.

Hard for a butcher to make the floor scraps look like a nice steak.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Billy Price had a lower grade last year. Think it might have even been against Tennessee…

He deserves a big thank you card for bringing BJ Hill to us

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Too many people here are prisoners of the moment and lose focus of the big picture.

"But, but, but I SAW Carman pancake a guy once"

Whoopdie ***in' do. I'm pretty sure the coaches also saw it. In fact, they saw it . . . and he still couldn't keep the job. If he wasn't a high drafted rookie, I'm of the belief that XSF would have been activated and Carman cut/Practice Squad because of the urgency of the playoffs. But since he still has so much upside as a rookie, they know that he would be picked up minutes after hitting the waiver wire.

Adeniji had a bad game against a stud defense. He won't have another game like that for the rest of the way unless he faces Aaron Donald without any help, but Donald's team mates aren't as impressive as Simmons' team mates and neither is Chris Jones' team mates. Buffalo could cause a problem as they are pretty solid across the board but the toughest defenses are now out of the playoffs with the Tampa loss earlier today.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Numbers don't add up.  Just credits 7 sacks.  Titans got nine. The one missing has to be when Adeniji and Prince stood still and looked at each other while a Titans DE just ran between them untouched.

How can Carman be worse than Adeniji? Just saying? 
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:13 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Numbers don't add up.  Just credits 7 sacks.  Titans got nine. The one missing has to be when Adeniji and Prince stood still and looked at each other while a Titans DE just ran between them untouched.

How can Carman be worse than Adeniji? Just saying? 

I'm not sure, but I think PFF sometimes attributes the sack to the QB. Just because a QB gets sacked doesn't mean someone gave it up. 

As to Adeniji...just gotta trust the coaches, but I hope RG is priority 1 this off season. 

Reply/Quote
The defense rocked this out and the #'s certainly show it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is an unpopular take, but it does have some merit.

Your take does have merit.  Pollack doesn't walk on water.  He has been fired from several jobs I suppose for a reason.  I do like his style of coaching better than Turner.  He has had a little bit better talent to work with considering Reiff vs Hart and Spain vs. MJ but has not had overwhelming results as Joe has taken a beating all year long.  However, I'm not sure Turner or Pollack can improve this line? Being from KY, I know one thing, you just can't turn a mule into Secretariat.  Lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
I’ll be interested to see Chido’s grade from this one. Probably his worst game as a Bengal. But tbf there’s not much any CB could have done on that one handed TD by AJ Brown.

He’ll definitely need to be much better next week though.

Reply/Quote