Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades (Divisional round)
Grind it out lunch pail win. This is not a finesse team despite the big passing numbers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Imagine if we signed a right guard instead of Waynes.. never liked that signing. Oh well.
Reply/Quote
It appears on the sack folks are attributing to Prince may have been Adeniji getting it wrong (around 20 seconds of this video) . 

https://youtu.be/TUU3iSNBE00

The RB is to the left of the QB in case Tenn blitzes from that side (#48), but instead the blitz comes from the right side. This is most likely Prince's responsibility as his first move is that direction, he then feels the interior lineman coming clean as Adeniji was blocking down instead of out. So he tries to get a piece of the olineman but it is too late as he's going after Joe clean as Adenii is chasing him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
More inconsistencies with PFF and their random grading system

Williams 4 pressures 2 sacks 57.0 rating
Adeniji 4 pressures 3 sacks 21.0 rating

If he had a poor win rate, post that. Don't just leave a 36 point discrepancy with your only difference listed is one sack.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: More inconsistencies with PFF and their random grading system

Williams 4 pressures 2 sacks 57.0 rating
Adeniji 4 pressures 3 sacks 21.0 rating

If he had a poor win rate, post that. Don't just leave a 36 point discrepancy with your only difference listed is one sack.

You have to pay for the in depth stuff. That tweet was just sharing overall grades.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still think Prince should have been charged for a sack.

Agree 100% I saw clean sheet wtf. He had a sack in the 2nd quarter I believe, but will have to go back and watch.

I don’t understand how Carman could play any worse than Adeniji though. What the hell.
Reply/Quote
What was Evan's grade?

Had to be perfect.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still think Prince should have been charged for a sack.

(01-23-2022, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From what I saw the Titans d-line was running all sorts of stunts.  Seemed like they were looping or twisting or something almost every pass play.  So I don't know how PFF can say what lineman was responsible for which defender.

One time Prince just stood there and watched a guy fly inside when there was no blocker to pick him up.  I did not re-watch the game to concentrate just on the offensive line, but from just that one play i am pretty sure the PFF rankings are off.

What I saw was pressure from EVERY point along the line.  Mostly on the inside but also from the edges.

I don't kow if it was brilliants calls/scheme by the Titans Defensive Coordinator or if those D-linemen were just that superior to our blockers, but they got absolutely abused.  Everyone is crying about 9 sacks but it was actually 11 if you count the 2 times Burrow got taken down that were wiped out by a penalty and a time out.

The only sack that was instant looked like his fault. Prince barely touched the guy and Adeniji was blocking inside... So our RT was standing there blocking nothing. How PFF did not blame him is weird. You would think the OL should be blocking during plays

It makes you wonder how hard it will be to block great interior rushers like Aaron Donald in a Rams v Bengals Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I trust coach Pollack but if Adeniji is starting over Carman next week I may stop trusting him.  I mean how could Carman do worse??

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think that remark was in reference to Titans fans calling us a finesse offense all week leading up to the game.

I bet the guys trying to tackle Chase (and Uzomah to a lesser degree) yesterday disagree… LOL

Mixon dished out some punishment on a run to the left... picked up a 1st down on the play after being hit 5 yards short.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still think Prince should have been charged for a sack.

I know I saw him give up one.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:49 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I trust coach Pollack but if Adeniji is starting over Carman next week I may stop trusting him.  I mean how could Carman do worse??

Pretty disappointing Carman can’t unseat Adeniji or Prince.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pretty disappointing Carman can’t unseat Adeniji or Prince.

The thing is we've seen Carman play a decent amount.  He doesn't look bad at all im not sure what Pollack sees in Adeniji over him.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:50 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: The thing is we've seen Carman play a decent amount.  He doesn't look bad at all im not sure what Pollack sees in Adeniji over him.  

A lot of coaches place the most stock in what they see in practice. The unfortunate side is there are some players who don't practice the best but are better in real game situations. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:50 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: The thing is we've seen Carman play a decent amount.  He doesn't look bad at all im not sure what Pollack sees in Adeniji over him.  

Carman is physically stronger than Adeniji, but he seems to struggle with his hand placement a lot. Before yesterday Adeniji had been a bit more consistent, even though Carman flashes with the occasional pancake here and there.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears on the sack folks are attributing to Prince may have been Adeniji getting it wrong (around 20 seconds of this video) . 

https://youtu.be/TUU3iSNBE00

The RB is to the left of the QB in case Tenn blitzes from that side (#48), but instead the blitz comes from the right side. This is most likely Prince's responsibility as his first move is that direction, he then feels the interior lineman coming clean as Adeniji was blocking down instead of out. So he tries to get a piece of the olineman but it is too late as he's going after Joe clean as Adenii is chasing him.

Protection is still inside out. 

The Titans had someone lined up over Adeniji's shoulder which means his first responsibility is that A Gap which he works to first then tries to get back to the B gap at the snap. Isaiah Prince even if he recognizes the blitzing DB from the slot still has to work B to C. Its possibly Adeniji's fault but more likely it should have been Prince to B pass to Adeniji and Prince to pick up the delayed blitzer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:49 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I trust coach Pollack but if Adeniji is starting over Carman next week I may stop trusting him.  I mean how could Carman do worse??

From what we've seen with Carman, he has a number of assignment errors in his play.  When researching why Wyatt Davis, who was drafted by the Vikings, never saw the field this year, what I found was that he was a disaster when it came to his assignments and the Vikings coaches did not want to waste limited practice reps during the season trying to coach him up, as assignment errors ruin the rep for everyone else.  It's likely a similar situation with Carman.
Reply/Quote
Twenty-one point two. 21.2. That is Michael Jordan territory.

I am still wondering how we won this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Protection is still inside out. 

The Titans had someone lined up over Adeniji's shoulder which means his first responsibility is that A Gap which he works to first then tries to get back to the B gap at the snap. Isaiah Prince even if he recognizes the blitzing DB from the slot still has to work B to C. Its possibly Adeniji's fault but more likely it should have been Prince to B pass to Adeniji and Prince to pick up the delayed blitzer.

Which one yelled at the other post-play?
Reply/Quote

I don't know why people trust Pollack is such a great O-line coach.  The O line is one of the worst in the NFL.  If you llook at PFF and look at ESPN Analytics they both show the line is very bad.  If you look at recent history, Pollack was bad when he was with the Jets which is why he was let go.  Even when Pollack was here in 2018 the O line was mediocre at best.  I just dont see Pollack as this great Oline guru.
Reply/Quote