Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades (Divisional round)
(01-23-2022, 02:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Team win. Burrow, Chase, Tee, Mixon, and Uzomah all came up big.

Not really. Offense did virtually nothing. No running game. Burrow sacked nine times. There were a handful of good offensive plays and they came when they mattered most but for the most part our offense was dreadful but thankfully was not as bad at Tennessee. That’s the reason for the win. Our defense was lights out and turned the football over. Offense doesn’t win you playoff games. Defense and special teams does as we saw in both games yesterday
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: The only thing that counts is the W.. The D played lights out, the Oline lights on full power, but they held when it mattered the most, that last pass to Chase.. Dog em all you want and they deserve most of it, but they didn't lose us the game.. They weren't playing horseshoes or handgrenades.. Losers always get the "almost" designation..  Who Dey

Rep for this.

An ugly win is still a win.  And I believe that is actually a sign of a good team.  They find a way to win even when they are looking bad.  

That game was a GRIND.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The defense was great, that’s why Lou is getting a HC interview in NY, but the offense played their part. That’s all I’m saying. QB with 348 yards and a 75.7 completion %, one WR over 100 yards, and another just a hair under 100, RB with 100+ all purpose yards and a TD. TE with 7 catches for 71 yards.

We would have killed for offensive performances like that in our past playoff games.

(01-23-2022, 02:41 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Not really. Offense did virtually nothing. No running game. Burrow sacked nine times. There were a handful of good offensive plays and they came when they mattered most but for the most part our offense was dreadful but thankfully was not as bad at Tennessee. That’s the reason for the win. Our defense was lights out and turned the football over. Offense doesn’t win you playoff games. Defense and special teams does as we saw in both games yesterday

The numbers are right there in black and white ^
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
So who were the other two sacks on? Sample and Uzomah?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep for this.

An ugly win is still a win.  And I believe that is actually a sign of a good team.  They find a way to win even when they are looking bad.  

That game was a GRIND.

I also loved the sarcasm - “finesse”. Someone forgot to tell cowher, et Al that this is an AFC North team… .

I honestly couldn’t be prouder of this team.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:48 PM)SladeX Wrote: I also loved the sarcasm - “finesse”. Someone forgot to tell cowher, et Al that this is an AFC North team… .

I honestly couldn’t be prouder of this team.

I think that remark was in reference to Titans fans calling us a finesse offense all week leading up to the game.

I bet the guys trying to tackle Chase (and Uzomah to a lesser degree) yesterday disagree… LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:32 PM)M.W. Wrote: This is exactly how I look at it.  No way this teams wins without the defense making huge plays all game.  Most would have thought Henry was going to run all over the Bengals defense and score at least 24 points.  Nope, Bengals D had a fantastic day!

Henry was held to 62 yards on 20 totes (3.1 per carry). That's best case scenario.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Henry was held to 62 yards on 20 totes (3.1 per carry). That's best case scenario.

Thankfully Todd Downing got wrapped up in King Henry mania. Because Foreman was far more effective with his few touches (4 carries for 66 yards).

Reply/Quote
Pff is such a joke. So Prince doesnt get charged a sack because he didnt even touch the guy as he went around him. Also this is 7 sacks. Who gave up the other 2? Even on the broadcast they had Adeneji with 5.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thankfully Todd Downing got wrapped up in King Henry mania. Because Foreman was far more effective with his few touches (4 carries for 66 yards).

45 of that was on one (fantastic btw) carry.

Who knows if he could've maintained that across 20 against our defense.

But Henry certainly didn't. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 45 of that was on one (fantastic btw) carry.

Who knows if he could've maintained that across 20 against our defense.

But Henry certainly didn't. LOL

Henry is going to be having nightmares about DJ Reader for a while.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So who were the other two sacks on? Sample and Uzomah?

Probably on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The numbers are right there in black and white ^

I think he is talking about team scoring more than individual stats.

Fact is our offense only scored 1 td.  We only had 4 FG drives, and, thanks to interceptions, 2 of those drives were for less than 25 yards.  On our 61 yd fg drive 57 yards came on one play from a missed tackle.  

Praise total passing yards and individual stats all you want but remember that 58 yards of that was meaningless "stat padding" at the end of the first half.  

The fact is that we had a lot of problems scoring tds and putting together any significant scoring drives.  Other than that possession at the end of the first half we had the ball 11 other times and only generated 2 drives with more than one first down.
Reply/Quote
Defensive grades match intuition/eye test nicely.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he is talking about team scoring more than individual stats.

Fact is our offense only scored 1 td.  We only had 4 FG drives, and, thanks to interceptions, 2 of those drives were for less than 25 yards.  On our 61 yd fg drive 57 yards came on one play from a missed tackle.  

Praise total passing yards and individual stats all you want but remember that 58 yards of that was meaningless "stat padding" at the end of the first half.  

The fact is that we had a lot of problems scoring tds and putting together any significant scoring drives.  Other than that possession at the end of the first half we had the ball 11 other times and only generated 2 drives with more than one first down.

The biggest cherry picking stat guy on the board poo-pooing the stats…

Priceless. LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thankfully Todd Downing got wrapped up in King Henry mania. Because Foreman was far more effective with his few touches (4 carries for 66 yards).

Absolutely!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So who were the other two sacks on? Sample and Uzomah?

There was a play burrow escaped and to me it looked like he made it past the LOS, but they marked it no gain and credited one of those sacks. Not sure about the last one.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Middle of the defense really stepped up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:27 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: There was a play burrow escaped and to me it looked like he made it past the LOS, but they marked it no gain and credited one of those sacks. Not sure about the last one.

I thought he looked across the line as well.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I'm surprised Adeniji had a positive grade.
Reply/Quote