Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF grades vs LV (playoff edition)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Neither Jonah or Spain allowed a single pressure, but I guess their run blocking knocked their grades down.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Neither Jonah or Spain allowed a single pressure, but I guess their run blocking knocked their grades down.

Do penalties lower ratings? 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:07 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Do penalties lower ratings? 

Not sure, but I would imagine so.

Reply/Quote
Burrow is awesome and has really changed this franchise.

However, Chase was the one who had me excited again yesterday. Amazing that he is only a 21 year old rookie who will only get better. I think only injuries could keep him from someday getting a gold jacket. He’s just one of those rare guys that stands out as being the best player on the field during an NFL game.
I thought he would be really good but not at this good, this soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:38 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Burrow is awesome and has really changed this franchise.

However, Chase was the one who had me excited again yesterday.  Amazing that he is only a 21 year old rookie who will only get better.  I think only injuries could keep him from someday getting a gold jacket. He’s just one of those rare guys that stands out as being the best player on the field during an NFL game.
I thought he would be really good but not at this good, this soon.

Chase has been such a game-changer. In hindsight, drafting Chase to pair with Burrow was the obvious move (I say this as a guy who liked Sewell). I think the pre-existing synergy is a really underestimated part of what makes them so effective. Pairing guys who have played in collage (and played VERY successfully) gives those guys an edge which most other teams simply don't have.

The difference Burrow makes is insane though. It's not just his elite ability as a QB... what sets him apart is his poise. He's just so calm and ready to go in the big moments. I know he's a lot better than Andy Dalton, but the difference for me was I wasn't even nervous about yesterday's game. Previously I always thought 'if we don't get it done today, when will we?'... but win or lose yesterday, I was confident knowing Burrow would bring us back in future years.

Burrow is 7-0 and 29 TDs to 0 INTs in 'must-win' games. I mean if that doesn't tell you the guy turns up when it matters the most, nothing will. Those stats are video game stats ffs. We'll obviously see, but he's a born winner and we can win a Superbowl with this guy.
Reply/Quote
Tee kind of disappeared in this game. I hope he's ok.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tee kind of disappeared in this game. I hope he's ok.

Just don’t think he was 100% with that foot injury he sustained in practice this week.
Reply/Quote
Mother fin CJ.

Love that guy
Reply/Quote
I wonder what Spain graded at. To my eye he had a rough game. He may not have given up a sack but he was missing blocks and slow. All understandable coming off injury but made it difficult to run. Adeniji should have been charged with one of Crosby’s sack. He failed to pick up the twist and Crosby got a free run at burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

This was the game we needed from Bates. 

He had 4 passes defensed all season.  He had 3 tonight.  Huge game in a huge moment.  
Reply/Quote
I wonder what Boyd graded out at?

It seemed he caught what was thrown at him and he didn't give up on the TD catch.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I wonder what Boyd graded out at?

It seemed he caught what was thrown at him and he didn't give up on the TD catch.

I think he had a drop?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tee kind of disappeared in this game. I hope he's ok.

(01-16-2022, 12:55 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Just don’t think he was 100% with that foot injury he sustained in practice this week.

He might not have been 100% but Burrow was off the mark on the throws to him.
Reply/Quote
Not to change the subject, but they really need to sign several coaches long term, but especially Frank.. Hobby and Golden as well.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think he had a drop?

He caught 4 of 5 passes.  I don't know.  Anyone?

[Image: th?id=OIP.QFSQjkybCmDIIRUK95_g1wHaGa&pid...=222&h=192]
Reply/Quote

For whatever it's worth, a podcast I listened to said that the Raiders were generally putting their best CB (Hayward) on Higgens instead of Chase.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:03 PM)CrowFoot Wrote: For whatever it's worth, a podcast I listened to said that the Raiders were generally putting their best CB (Hayward) on Higgens instead of Chase.

If you watched the game, you would have seen that heyward and the other corner were matched up against both guys all game
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Neither Jonah or Spain allowed a single pressure, but I guess their run blocking knocked their grades down.

Acording to Willie Lutz, Jonah did allow one pressure.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote