Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF on draft success '06-'16
(03-09-2020, 08:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guys drop for multiple reasons every year. Doesn’t prove anything. Sample was a reach. No matter how you want to look at it.

You say that but from what I heard the team picking after the Bengals were going to draft him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:03 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: You say that but from what I heard the team picking after the Bengals were going to draft him. 

I heard the same thing which is why I was okay with the pick at the time. Sure hope Sample lives up to his 2nd round status.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:03 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: You say that but from what I heard the team picking after the Bengals were going to draft him. 

Which is still pretty lame. You shouldn't reach or make rash decision because of whispers and gospel.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I heard the same thing which is why I was okay with the pick at the time. Sure hope Sample lives up to his 2nd round status.

Well if we assume nothing worked as taylor planned last year then their is still hope.  But with Eifert on the Roster unless we go 3 TE sets it might be hard to get him out there..

At the time they told us it was a key piece to the taylor offense.   Well he forgot to use that damn piece lol
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:00 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Which is still pretty lame. You shouldn't reach or make rash decision because of whispers and gospel.

Didn’t it come from Taylor anyway? Seems more like trying to justify the pick, than a credible source saying other teams were really interested.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 09:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t it come from Taylor anyway? Seems more like trying to justify the pick, than a credible source saying other teams were really interested.

I don’t remember hearing him say that tbh, but he could of. I think he said he wouldn’t of been available in the third.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well if we assume nothing worked as taylor planned last year then their is still hope.  But with Eifert on the Roster unless we go 3 TE sets it might be hard to get him out there..

At the time they told us it was a key piece to the taylor offense.   Well he forgot to use that damn piece lol

True haha. I don't think anyone knew what was going on last season until late in the year. Very inexperienced coaches from 
top to bottom. They started to figure things out late last season, still, sure took way longer than everyone thought. Hope they
keep improving but do so at a much more rapid pace.

At least with an entire Offseason to evaluate this can happen.
Reply/Quote