Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF overall scores through 6 games
(10-19-2023, 10:54 PM)Whacked Wrote: Ha - good dang point lol 

Well he may not have to worry about Garrett necessarily. It might be Zadarius Smith, or a mix of both. But either way, they have a good pass rush that Jonah will have to worry about.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 07:25 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Yeah, I know that PFF rates players higher the more snaps they take and right now the position is strong for us. And hey it is first year so I would just tell him make the best of his opportunities, learn the Bengals playbook inside and out, and spend time in the weight room. 

He isn't that far off from Felix Anadike-Uzomah who was drafted around the same time and has a 60.2 (thank you Isaac Curtis, I didn't realize non-subscribers could search players on PFF). 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/felix-anudike-uzomah/122582

Yea they can for certain things, but the more detailed grades and metrics require $$$
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase highest on offense at elite 86.7.
Jonah highest OL at 67.6.
Karras, Cappa, and OBJ all 60+
Mixon and Boyd also doing solid as far as starters go.
Worst starters - Higgins (57.3), Volson (48.2), Smith (39.2)

For defense:
Hendrickson highest with an lite 89.1.
Reader and Battle in the upper 70's. Battle has best coverage grade among all defenders.
Hubbard, Dax Hill, Turner, and Pratt all in the 60's, which is solid.
Worst starters - BJ Hill (54.4 - mainly run defense), Wilson (52.5), Hilton (51.1), Scott (40.5)

If there were any guys that the Bengals should try someone new at, it's Volson, Smith, and Scott.
Scott might already be getting replaced with Battle.
I know Lou just did an interview with Locked on Bengals where he spoke as if Scott will still have a role but he did acknowledge the young guys were earning PT
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Can't tell you how huge hitting on the Battle and DJ Turner picks are for the long term window of this team.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

For defense:
Reader and Battle in the upper 70's. Battle has best coverage grade among all defenders.
Worst starters - BJ Hill (54.4 - mainly run defense), Wilson (52.5), Hilton (51.1), Scott (40.5)

If there were any guys that the Bengals should try someone new at, it's Volson, Smith, and Scott.

Why does the eye test keep telling me the worst O-linemen is Volson & Jonah? OBJ has been the best. Everytime I yell at the TV it's because of Jonah & Volson & Higgins dropping another pass.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 04:56 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Why does the eye test keep telling me the worst O-linemen is Volson & Jonah? OBJ has been the best. Everytime I yell at the TV it's because of Jonah & Volson & Higgins dropping another pass.

You’re seeing what you want to see if you think Jonah has been bad. Old narratives die hard I guess.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 04:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re seeing what you want to see if you think Jonah has been bad. Old narratives die hard I guess.

He has'nt been better than OBJ.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 04:59 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: He has'nt been better than OBJ.

Well to be fair, both can be true:

Jonah is playing well at RT

Zeus has looked better. 

My "eyeballs" are backed up by PFF. Volson and Karras have been the weak links on the Oline. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 04:59 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: He has'nt been better than OBJ.

You’re more of a Jonah hater than a bengals fan

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

For defense:

As a testament to his ineffectiveness, my intial response when I read the bolded was, "...We have a starter named Smith?"
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 09:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re more of a Jonah hater than a bengals fan

LOL, that's hilarious. I want him to be good. Pretty rich you calling someone a hater.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 04:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re seeing what you want to see if you think Jonah has been bad. Old narratives die hard I guess.

(10-21-2023, 04:59 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: He has'nt been better than OBJ.

Based on what?

Jonah - 12 total pressures allowed

Brown - 14 total pressures allowed

I remember at some point in the past there was some website that gave yards per carry basically around each OL (outside LT, between LT and C, between RT and C, outside RT), but I can't seem to find that breakdown now.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I thought it worthwhile to post what some other notable RTs around the league are allowing, for those bashing Jonah...

Jonah - 2 sacks, 12 total pressures

Ramczyk - 3 sacks, 12 total pressures
Havenstein - 1 sack, 12 total pressures
Austin Jackson - 1 sack, 10 total pressures
Eluemunor - 5 sacks, 12 total pressures
Becton (mix of LT and RT) - 4 sacks, 20 total pressures(!!)
Spencer Brown - 1 sack, 15 total pressures
George Fant - 1 sack, 15 total pressures
Moses - 1 sack, 11 total pressures
McGlinchey - 5 sacks, 28 total pressures(!!!!!)

This is showing that Jonah is right about on par with a lot of other RTs in the league.
He's not in the same realm as like Penei Sewell, but he's right there in the middle of the pack with a lot of other guys that some might say they want to be a Bengal (or wanted in the past).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Wow, as bad as Burrow has played which is bad, yet still Mixon grades out worse.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

There's just no way Wilson and Pratt should be that low. PFF sucks. I have zero use for them. Their bias shows plainly. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 08:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's just no way Wilson and Pratt should be that low. PFF sucks. I have zero use for them. Their bias shows plainly. 

What bias? They’ve graded plenty of Bengals highly over the years. Including having Burrow as the highest graded QB in the entire league the last couple seasons.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What bias? They’ve graded plenty of Bengals highly over the years. Including having Burrow as the highest graded QB in the entire league the last couple seasons.

Not against the Bengals per se, but they seem to take a personal bias when it comes to grading certain players. Maybe it's whoever is grading that person just doesn't like them. But there are plenty of instances where you look at the player and the grade and say WTF
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 03:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought it worthwhile to post what some other notable RTs around the league are allowing, for those bashing Jonah...

Jonah - 2 sacks, 12 total pressures

Ramczyk - 3 sacks, 12 total pressures
Havenstein - 1 sack, 12 total pressures
Austin Jackson - 1 sack, 10 total pressures
Eluemunor - 5 sacks, 12 total pressures
Becton (mix of LT and RT) - 4 sacks, 20 total pressures(!!)
Spencer Brown - 1 sack, 15 total pressures
George Fant - 1 sack, 15 total pressures
Moses - 1 sack, 11 total pressures
McGlinchey - 5 sacks, 28 total pressures(!!!!!)

This is showing that Jonah is right about on par with a lot of other RTs in the league.
He's not in the same realm as like Penei Sewell, but he's right there in the middle of the pack with a lot of other guys that some might say they want to be a Bengal (or wanted in the past).
I WAS RIGHT: I wanted Spencer Brown in the draft and in hindsight, I' still take him over Joey O. PFF rates him at 69.7

I WAS WRONG: I wanted to sign Mike McGlinchey and trade Jonah 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 08:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's just no way Wilson and Pratt should be that low. PFF sucks. I have zero use for them. Their bias shows plainly. 

Both of them played pretty poorly our first few games. They seem like they've picked it up the last 2-3 games but they were a big part of the problem early in the season. 
Reply/Quote