Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF overall scores through 6 games
(10-24-2023, 03:56 PM)TheFan Wrote: Both of them played pretty poorly our first few games. They seem like they've picked it up the last 2-3 games but they were a big part of the problem early in the season. 

Yep. Teams were absolutely killing then with the run. It’s not surprising the LB’s have lower grades.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 03:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought it worthwhile to post what some other notable RTs around the league are allowing, for those bashing Jonah...

Jonah - 2 sacks, 12 total pressures

Ramczyk - 3 sacks, 12 total pressures
Havenstein - 1 sack, 12 total pressures
Austin Jackson - 1 sack, 10 total pressures
Eluemunor - 5 sacks, 12 total pressures
Becton (mix of LT and RT) - 4 sacks, 20 total pressures(!!)
Spencer Brown - 1 sack, 15 total pressures
George Fant - 1 sack, 15 total pressures
Moses - 1 sack, 11 total pressures
McGlinchey - 5 sacks, 28 total pressures(!!!!!)

This is showing that Jonah is right about on par with a lot of other RTs in the league.
He's not in the same realm as like Penei Sewell, but he's right there in the middle of the pack with a lot of other guys that some might say they want to be a Bengal (or wanted in the past).

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking from me, but I continue to hope that Jonah sees that he has a future at RT and that it can be for us. He’s been playing well and it would be nice to keep him around if he continues to play this way.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
I dont think too many people are complaining about Jonah this year. He has played pretty good at RT. That just may be a better position for him. Volson on the other hand looks like pure dog turds out there. We need better play out of the LG position.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jonah might have really helped his career shifting over to RT.
On pace for just 6 sacks and 34 total pressures allowed.
He will have to worry about Nick Bosa, Garrett again, and possibly 1-2 instances of TJ Watt (based on injury recovery timeline), so that pace may not be able to be sustained.
Do you think Bengals sign JW to a new multi year contract? 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Do you think Bengals sign JW to a new multi year contract? 

Personally, I think he's going to test the market before re-signing with the Bengals.
I truly do believe he will try to find an opportunity to play LT somewhere as long as the compensation is somewhat comparable.

Something just tells me we see/hear of a proposed deal in the $8-10 mill APY range for Jonah, probably 2-3 years offer from the Bengals.
He'll see if he can get about that to play LT somewhere or just get more elsewhere in general.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Personally, I think he's going to test the market before re-signing with the Bengals.
I truly do believe he will try to find an opportunity to play LT somewhere as long as the compensation is somewhat comparable.

Something just tells me we see/hear of a proposed deal in the $8-10 mill APY range for Jonah, probably 2-3 years offer from the Bengals.
He'll see if he can get about that to play LT somewhere or just get more elsewhere in general.
8-10 million  per year would be dirt cheap for him. I'm thinking between 15-20 Million for him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:09 PM)J24 Wrote: 8-10 million  per year would be dirt cheap for him. I'm thinking between 15-20 Million for him.

I have no idea when it comes to the Bengals because they've never paid more than $10 mill a year for a RT.
That's why I went low.

I thought he'd probably get around the $12-15 mill range from somewhere and bolt, but I honestly don't know.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 03:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I WAS RIGHT: I wanted Spencer Brown in the draft and in hindsight, I' still take him over Joey O. PFF rates him at 69.7

I WAS WRONG: I wanted to sign Mike McGlinchey and trade Jonah 

I wanted Moses as a free agent instead of La'el Collins, although he was slightly older and it was thought that Collins would play better for Pollack.  His ceiling wasn't as high, but no injury history (one missed start since 2015).  Which is why the Raven only paid him 5M/yr.

I think Jonah is playing OK as is Brown.  They aren't stoning their guys, but they look worse than they should because the interior line caves in and gives Joe nowhere to step up into.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have no idea when it comes to the Bengals because they've never paid more than $10 mill a year for a RT.
That's why I went low.

I thought he'd probably get around the $12-15 mill range from somewhere and bolt, but I honestly don't know.

A quick look at Spotrac gives his estimated market value at $15MM per year. Five year, $75MM is their guess, so your guess of $12MM-$15MM sounds about right. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have no idea when it comes to the Bengals because they've never paid more than $10 mill a year for a RT.
That's why I went low.

It's early to be predicting Williams price range. One he has to finish the season healthy which is his biggest question mark and two he hasn't had his tough mstchups yet. Nick Bosa this week, Will Anderson Jr in a couple, eventually two TJ Watt games, and Danielle Hunter near the end of the year. Those matchups are where he will earn that big contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 11:57 AM)Synric Wrote: It's early to be predicting Williams price range. One he has to finish the season healthy which is his biggest question mark and two he hasn't had his tough mstchups yet. Nick Bosa this week, Will Anderson Jr in a couple, eventually two TJ Watt games, and Danielle Hunter near the end of the year. Those matchups are where he will earn that big contract.

Very fair, but it doesn't mean I haven't already started thinking about it lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Bengals are already paying Jonah 12.6 million this year. There is no way they try to get him to take 8 million next year. No team is going to offer Jonah 8-10 million next year unless Jonah has a complete meltdown or serious injury. Jacksonville nearly traded for Jonah at 12.6 million a year this year. The only thing that will stop Jonah from getting 14+ million next year is a serious injury or meltdown. If he plays at the same level he has been playing at, he will get paid no matter if he is playing LT or RT.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 11:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals are already paying Jonah 12.6 million this year.  There is no way they try to get him to take 8 million next year.  No team is going to offer Jonah 8-10 million next year unless Jonah has a complete meltdown or serious injury.  Jacksonville nearly traded for Jonah at 12.6 million a year this year.   The only thing that will stop Jonah from getting 14+ million next year is a serious injury or meltdown.  If he plays at the same level he has been playing at, he will get paid no matter if he is playing LT or RT.

To be fair, the $12.6 mill was only due to the 5th year option.
And the Bengals chose to use that 5th year option a year before he moved to RT.

Would they have given him at least $12.6 mill APY on a veteran contract to play RT?
I don't believe they would, at least not without seeing him play there for a year and he would have to do very well.

They do keep doing things in the Taylor era they had never done before, so maybe Jonah is retained and for $13+ mill.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, the $12.6 mill was only due to the 5th year option.
And the Bengals chose to use that 5th year option a year before he moved to RT.

Would they have given him at least $12.6 mill APY on a veteran contract to play RT?
I don't believe they would, at least not without seeing him play there for a year and he would have to do very well.

They do keep doing things in the Taylor era they had never done before, so maybe Jonah is retained and for $13+ mill.

If the Bengals dont sign Jonah for 13+ million some other team will.  Im guessing Jonah still wants to play LT so he may go to a team that will play him at LT.  Even if he stays at RT, he will get that 13+ million from someone.   Looking at overthecap.com, there are 10 Right Tackles right now being paid 15 million+.  That number will only go up with the increase in NFL salary cap.  Jonah will be 26 next year when he signs his new contract.  He is in the prime of his career.  He will get paid.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 03:32 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If the Bengals dont sign Jonah for 13+ million some other team will.  Im guessing Jonah still wants to play LT so he may go to a team that will play him at LT.  Even if he stays at RT, he will get that 13+ million from someone.   Looking at overthecap.com, there are 10 Right Tackles right now being paid 15 million+.  That number will only go up with the increase in NFL salary cap.  Jonah will be 26 next year when he signs his new contract.  He is in the prime of his career.  He will get paid.

Yep I know, but just because so many are getting paid doesn't mean the Bengals will value the RT position that much.
Why pay Jonah $13+ mill if you could get a potentially comparable (or better) talent for around $5-8 mill?
I'm meaning someone like Morgan Moses, who signed a 3 year, $15 mill contract last year.

As I said though, I think someone will pay $12-15 mill APY for Jonah, but I don't think it will be the Bengals.
They've proven me wrong on some signings in recent years though, so it could happen.
I think we'll see similar to what we saw with Uzomah/Hurst, who signed deals for $7-8 mill APY with their new teams, and then Bengals will go cheap at the position for someone they think is a value player (or draft pick).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 04:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep I know, but just because so many are getting paid doesn't mean the Bengals will value the RT position that much.
Why pay Jonah $13+ mill if you could get a potentially comparable (or better) talent for around $5-8 mill?
I'm meaning someone like Morgan Moses, who signed a 3 year, $15 mill contract last year.

As I said though, I think someone will pay $12-15 mill APY for Jonah, but I don't think it will be the Bengals.
They've proven me wrong on some signings in recent years though, so it could happen.
I think we'll see similar to what we saw with Uzomah/Hurst, who signed deals for $7-8 mill APY with their new teams, and then Bengals will go cheap at the position for someone they think is a value player (or draft pick).

Jonah is a tackle if he has a good year and stays healthy teams will overpay. It could be 12 but I definitely wouldnt be surprised if he got Jawaan Taylor deal at 20m.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think Jonah is gone after this year regardless. Im sure he still wants to play LT. He wont see that happen in Cincinnati. The only chance the Bengals have to keep him would be to extend him now but I doubt that happens. Jonah will want to test the market to see where he can go as a LT and to see what kind of offers he gets even as a RT. Right now Jonah is helping himself a great deal by showing he can play either tackle spots. There will be a few teams that offer him a large contract maybe even the LT position.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 06:07 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think Jonah is gone after this year regardless.  Im sure he still wants to play LT.  He wont see that happen in Cincinnati.  The only chance the Bengals have to keep him would be to extend him now but I doubt that happens.  Jonah will want to test the market to see where he can go as a LT and to see what kind of offers he gets even as a RT.  Right now Jonah is helping himself a great deal by showing he can play either tackle spots.   There will be a few teams that offer him a large contract maybe even the LT position.

I think what happens with Jonah is related to what happens with our other FAs. I mean, I think retaining Reader & Tee are the highest priorities and we do have abundant cap room to start with. But if we tag Tee & get a great trade offer? Or if Reader bolts? Or if one of them takes a Pratt type deal (discounted), that is extra Jonah cash. 
Reply/Quote